Chapter 21: Danger

Opposites Attract

 

 

=========================================================================================

 

 

 

Hana tapped her fingers on the table while staring at the pack of meat in front of her. She twitched. “Just where did that Pororo go? I thought I told him to cook the meat.” She mumbled to herself with a small pout.

 

Hana glanced at the wall clock hanging beside the refrigerator.

 

It’s already 4:00.

 

“Kyungsoo’s classes already ended at 1 right? It’s already 4! Why isn’t he home yet?!” She said to herself as she slammed her fist to the table. *Maybe he’s with that Yoonjo girl. Or He’s playing with his friends.* Hana thought as she pouted.

 

A loud grumbling sound was heard. It was Hana’s stomach. *I’m hungry.* She thought as she bit her lip.

 

 

 

RING. RING. RING. RING. RING

 

 

 

Hana’s phone rang. She fished it out of her pocket with furrowed brows. “Who the hell would call me?” She mumbled as she looked at the screen

 

 

‘Pororo’

 

 

*It’s Kyungsoo.* She thought as she answered the call with a smile. When she saved Kyungsoo’s number in her phone, she named him ‘Pororo’ because she thought they look alike.

 

“WHERE ARE YOU?! DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO COOK THE----“

 

 

 

“Jung Hana.”

 

 

Hana froze. The voice wasn’t Kyungsoo’s. It sounded like someone else she knew. Someone that she never wish to talk to.

 

 

Zico.

 

 

“Hana, do you still remember me?”

 

 

The man from the other line spoke. Hana rolled her eyes and tried to be calm. Of all of her enemies, she really hates Zico and his group. Why?

 

It’s simple.

 

Because they are stronger than her. They can actually beat her. 

 

Block B became her enemy when she saw them in the act of robbery. They were robbing an old powerless man. Hana felt bad for the man and decided to help him.

 

In the end, she was beaten. But the old man managed to send 2 of the Block B members to jail. B-bomb and Jaeho.

 

And that’s why Block B became her enemies.

 

“Now that you have a boyfriend you will just push me away. That’s not fair.” Zico answered in a hurtful tone.

 

“Cut the crap Zico.” Hana stated coldly. “Kyungsoo is not my boyfriend so let him go.” She added.

 

 “I’ll be waiting for at the usual place. And kindly bring 50 million won. Thanks Hana. You’re the best.”  Zico said as he ended the call, not even giving a chance for Hana to speak.

 

Hana tightened her grip on her fist as she bit her lip. *That idiot really. Why did he get in trouble?*

 

 

…..

 

 

6:00

 

Below Apguedong bridge where Zico and the rest of the Block B were hiding,

 

Zico slung an arm around Kyungsoo who was tied to the chair. “So tell me, what did you do to Hana? How did she become your girlfriend? Huh?” Zico asked him.

 

But Kyungsoo wasn’t answering.

 

“Hey! You should answer when people are talking to you!” Zico told him.

 

“Hyung, he has a duct tape on his mouth.” Taeil reminded him.

 

Zico nodded. “Oh right. Sorry. I’ll take it off for you.” He smirked as he pulled the duct tape off making Kyungsoo yelp in pain.

 

“So answer me, what did you do to Jung Hana? I’m very curious.” Zico whispered to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “She’s not my girlfriend.” He stated boldly.

 

Zico glared at him. “Why won’t you just admit it? My friends saw you at the Grocery Store with her and she called you ‘Yeobo’ right?” He asked.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lip. Explaining it to the guy beside him would not clear the situation. He won’t understand it. He thought. “She’s really not my girlfriend.” He mumbled.

 

Zico finally gave up and placed the duct tape back to Kyungsoo’s mouth. Then, he stood up and walked away from Kyungsoo. “He’s really denying it.” he mumbled as he sat beside P.O

 

“Maybe they’re on a secret relationship.” Ukwon grinned. “That’s really ‘in’ these days. Right?” He asked as he wriggled his brows.

 

The boys laughed as if it was the most hilarious thing for them to hear.

 

P.O looked at Kyungsoo. “But I don’t really get it. Why did Hana fall for that kind of guy? I mean look at him. He looks--”

 

“Stupid.” Kyung continued for him.

 

P.O nodded. “Exactly!”

 

And the boys erupted into laughter again.

 

*I don’t look stupid!* Kyungsoo glared at them. *The time Hana comes here, she’ll surely kick your asses off!* He thought as he glared at them. 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, a loud sound of motorcycle engine was heard. Kyungsoo turned to look. It was Hana. His eyes softened as he sighed in contentment. Seeing her was enough for him to feel safe.

 

“Hana! We’re here!” Zico waved happily at her. Kyungsoo looked at Zico. *Seriously, what’s his relationship to Hana?* He thought with furrowed brows.

 

Hana didn’t mind him and turned off the engine of her motorcycle before hopping off.

 

Zico walked over to her and slung an arm over her shoulder. “Did you miss me?” He asked her. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. *How could he just slung his arm around her?!* He thought as he tried to get out from his chair but couldn’t. The ropes were too tight.

 

Hana gave him a glare. “Get off me. You stink.” She ordered him coldly. Zico friends laughed at him. He just looked away and removed his hand on Hana’s shoulder.

 

Hana rolled her eyes into the place. And in no time, she saw Kyungsoo tied onto a chair. Guilt swallowed her as she saw him there, tied at the chair with a duct tape on his mouth, he was powerless. *He became involved because of me.* She thought as she turned to Zico.

 

“Let’s have a deal.” She told him. “I’ll give you the money. And you release him. “ Hana spoke as she pointed to Kyungsoo. “And promise me that you and your friends won’t ever show up infront of me again.” She added.

 

Zico raised his right brow in amusement as he nodded. “Okay. No problem. But are you sure you won’t miss me?” Zico asked her as he pinched her cheeks.

 

Hana slapped his hand away. “Stop touching me and release him.”

 

Ukwon stood up. “You’re really concerned about him? Do you know that he’s denying you as his girlfriend?” He asked her.

 

“He’s really not my boyfriend. You’re just a big bunch of idiots that’s why you can’t understand it.” Hana told them.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. *That’s right. You guys are a big bunch of idiots!*

 

“You’re the same as ever. Sharp tongue.” Taeil remarked.

 

Hana smiled fakely at him. “Thanks.”

 

“It’s getting late. Hurry up and we’ll be leaving.” P.O said in annoyance.

 

Hana walked over to her motorcycle and took the bag beside it. She sighed as she eyed the bag. *This is my last supply of money.* She thought as she turned to Zico. “You should definitely keep your promise.” She warned him with a glare.

 

Zico smirked as he put his arms in the air. “I promise.”

 

Hana looked at Kyungsoo. *Don’t worry. We’ll get home soon.* She thought as she threw the bag to Zico. “Release him now.” She ordered them.

 

Zico wagged his finger at her. “Not yet. We have to make sure that this is really 50 million won.” He told her as he passed the bag to Taeil and Ukwon. And they started inspecting and counting the money.

*50 MILLION?!* Kyungsoo thought as his eyes rounded. *Where did she get that kind of money?*

 

Few seconds later, Ukwon signaled Zico an ‘Ok’ sign. Meaning that the bag really contains 50 million won.

 

Zico turned to Hana. “You may release him now.”

 

“ME? I thought it’s you who should---“

 

Zico patted her back and pushed her towards him. ‘Just release your boyfriend and give him a sweet hug.”

 

Hana blushed. *What’s this guy talking about?!* She thought as she walked towards Kyungsoo.

 

“Are you okay?” She gently asked him. Kyungsoo nodded.

 

Hana sighed in relief. “Did they hurt you?” She asked as he started to untie him. Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

“That’s good.” Hana commented with a small smile.

 

*Did she just smile?* Kyungsoo wondered.

 

Suddenly he saw a guy beside Hana who was about to hit her with a wooden bat.

 

Watch out. “MMPHFFH!” He tried to warn her.

 

“What?” Hana asked him as she completely untied the ropes.

 

Look back! “MFFFPHH!” *This duct tape is making things difficult for him. Hana was about to remove the tape in his mouth but it was too late.

 

Hana felt a sharp pang of pain behind her neck. She looked back and saw Jaeho and B-bomb smirking at her. Her eyes widened. *What are this two doing here?* She thought as she held the back of her neck. It was bleeding.

 

“Did you miss us Hana?” Jaeho asked her with a smirk.

 

B-bomb walked towards her and was ready to attack her but he was interrupted by P.O. “Hyung! Hurry! We have to go!” He exclaimed impatiently.

 

“Give us time to give Jung Hana a little gift.” B-bomb said. And with that they started beating her. They kicked and  punched her. They didn’t even care if she was a girl. What’s more important is their revenge.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t watch. He struggled to get out of the loose ties and removed the tape from his mouth. He wanted to defend Hana. He didn’t want her getting hurt. He wants to protect her. “Stop!” He exclaimed at them to get their attention from Hana and just beat him instead of her.

B-bomb turned to him. “You’re the boyfriend right?” He smirked as he removed the duct tape in Kyungsoo’s mouth.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. *Just hurt me and leave Hana alone.* He thought.

 

“If we hurt him, Hana will get hurt too.” Jaehyo said as he eyed Hana who was panting from exhaustion. She turned to them with a glare. “Don’t you dare try lay your dirty hands at him.” She threatened.

 

B-bomb smiled. “Why? What would you do?”

 

“Whatever. Cut the crap. We really need to go.” Jaehyo said as he was about to hit Kyungsoo’s head with the bat. But suddenly Hana stood up and shielded his head with her right arm.

 

“Hana!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as his eyes widened. *Why did she do that?!*

 

“I SAID HURRY UP DIDN’T I?!” P.O exclaimed. He was getting really annoyed.

 

“Okay. We’re leaving. Let’s go Jaehyo.” B-bomb said as he walked away while cursing. He still wants to hurt Hana. He felt like beating her up is not enough.

 

“Should we get her motorcycle?” B-bomb asked him, pointing to Hana’s motorcycle. Jaehyo smirked as he nodded.

 

“Goodbye Hana!” Jaehyo exclaimed as he waved his arms while riding her motorcycle.

 

“Thanks for this gift!” B-bomb added as they sped off.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “No. You’re motorcycle!” He exclaimed as he was about to stand up but Hana held his arm.

 

Hana breathed heavily as she tried to smile. “It’s.. okay.” She answered as she turned to him. “Are you.. alright?” She asked him.

 

“You’re the one who’s wounded and you’re still asking me if I’m alright?!” Kyungsoo exclaimed at her. He was mad because Hana was being beaten up but still he couldn’t do anything. He couldn’t even protect her.

 

Kyungsoo tried to help her stand up. “Let’s go to the hospital and have your wounds treated.”

 

Hana shook her head. “No.. Don’t bring me to the hospital. And don’t go to the police to ask for help.” She told him in a low tone, her energy slowly slipping away from her.

 

“You’ll die if we won’t---“

 

“Just listen to me. Please?” Hana asked as she held his face. Her eyes were pleading.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. There was nothing he could do.

 

 

 

===============================================================