Chapter 43: Don't Forget!

Opposites Attract

 

=================================================================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their fingers were warmly intertwined as they sat next to each other. No words have to be spoken. Their silence was the conversation of their hearts. Everything was how it should be.

 

It was a calm and quiet night. And even though she doesn’t want to, Hana decided to be the one to break their silence.

 

“It’s getting late. We should sleep. Specially you. You have classes tomorrow.”

 

Kyungsoo let out a small sigh. Sleeping would mean one thing. Letting go of her hand. It would be as weird as it may sound but, he likes holding her hand. Her hands were surprisingly warm. And it fits his’ perfectly. And he wouldn’t really mind holding it for forever.

 

He nodded as he gently removed his hand from hers. “I guess you’re right. Goodnight Hana.” He murmurs as he kissed her forehead.

 

Hana smiled. “Goodnight.”

 

 

….

 

 

At her room,

 

Hana plopped down her bed with a big smile. Everything that happened today including yesterday was just like a dream. They seem so surreal. His confession. Their kiss. And the way he held her. She thought those things only happens in movies. And she never imagined that it would happen to her.

 

“I’m so lucky to have met that wide eyed guy.” She mumbled to herself with a smile. And she noticed that she has been smiling a lot today. And it’s clearly that guy’s fault.

 

Suddenly,

 

“Hana.” She heard Kyungsoo calling her from outside.

 

She rose from her bed and eyed her door. *We just talked earlier. Why is he here?* She thought. “What?”

 

“Are you asleep?” She heard him ask.

 

“Not yet.” She replied briefly.

 

“Okay.”

 

And after that, he didn’t ask anything anymore. And so she assumed that he was already asleep, so she slept too.

 

 

15 minutes later,

 

“Hana!” She heard him calling her again.

 

Hana opened her eyes in annoyance. Even if she loves him, he was disturbing her precious sleep. *What’s wrong with that guy?* She thought in irritation.

 

“Hana are you asleep?” He asked.

 

Hana stood up and went straight to the door and opened it. She saw Kyungsoo standing there and it was obvious in his face that he was slightly panicking.

 

“What’s your problem?” She asked him. There was a slight hint of irritation in her voice.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip in bafflement. He didn’t know what to say. “Nothing really… I was just …checking if you’re asleep or not.”

 

Hana placed her arms over her chest. His actions are rather suspicious. “And why is that?”

 

Kyungsoo immediately shook his head. “Nothing. Just go back to sleep now. Goodnight!” He waved goodbye as he was about to walk away but Hana stopped him by holding the hem of his shirt.

 

“You won’t say it now and when I’m asleep, you’ll come here and call me again. Just what is it?” She asked him.

 

“I..” Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “I was just worried.” He finally blurted out.

 

Hana’s brows pinched together as she spoke. “Worried? About what?”

 

“You.” He confessed. “I’m worried that when you sleep now, you’ll… forget about what happened. You’ll forget my confession and all and we’ll turn back to being before. And I don’t like that.”

 

Hana stared at him. She didn’t know if she should laugh or if she should smack his head or kiss him or what. Do Kyungsoo is just too much to handle. How can a guy be insanely cute?

 

“It’s funny I know but.. I just.. Ahh. I don’t anymore.” Kyungsoo scratched his head in confusion. Yes. Him being worried about such a thing is plainly stupid. But who could blame him? hana has this habit of easily forgetting things. And what if she just suddenly decides that she doesn’t want to be with him anymore? That’ll really break his heart.

 

Hana smiled. *Why is Kyungsoo so squishy?* She thought as she pinched his right cheek. “If you’re worried that I might forget, then just sleep here.” She told him.

 

His eyes widened. “Here? In your room? With you?” Kyungsoo asked as he blushed.

 

Hana nodded with a smile. “Yes.”

 

 

…..

 

 

“Here? I’ll sleep here?!” Kyungsoo asked her not believing what she just said. Hana just told him that he will sleep on the cold floor. And he thought she was going to let him sleep beside her. What a waste.

 

Hana grinned at him. “Yes. Where else would you sleep right?”

 

“At the bed.” Kyungsoo murmured silently with a pout.

 

“Where?” Hana asked him again giving him the chance to change his answer.

 

“At the floor. I’ll sleep at this extremely comfortable floor.” Kyungsoo told her sarcastically as he arranged the mattresses.

 

Hana nodded as she lied on her bed. “That’s great. I’m glad you like sleeping there.”

 

“You won’t really let me sleep on the bed?” Kyungsoo asked her. Maybe just maybe she’ll hear him out.

 

“If you sleep here, where will I sleep then?”

 

“Beside me.” Kyungsoo smiled like a kid.

 

Hana made a face at him. “No way. You’re a ert. You’re Kyungtae. Who knows what you’ll do to me.”

 

He frantically shook his head as he grew defensive. “I’m not! I’m a decent man! I don’t go thinking about those! Really!” Kyungsoo defended himself as he raised both of his arms.

 

“Arasseo. Arasseo.” Hana told him so that he would just shut up. “Let’s sleep now.”

 

Kyungsoo lied on the mattress at the floor. And he turned to her. “Hana, you’re my girlfriend okay? Don’t forget about that.” He told her.

 

Hana faked a surprised tone. “Really? I’m your girlfriend? How did that happen?”

 

“HANA!” He whined like a little kid.

 

Hana smiled. “Stupid. Of course I know. How would I forget that? I don’t have amnesia or something.”

 

Kyungsoo beamed happily as he extended his right arm out. “Until we fall asleep, can I hold your hand?”

 

 

….

 

 

“AHHHHHH! I’M LATE!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he run around the apartment looking for his things. One of his buttons were wrongly buttoned because he was in such a hurry. His socks are not a pair. Both are for his right feet. One is blue. The other is green. And his hair was in a terrible mess.

 

“This is what you get for being so childish last night. “ Hana smiled in amusement. “I’m worried that when you sleep now, you’ll… forget about what happened. You’ll forget my confession and all and we’ll turn back to being before.” She mimicked him.

 

Kyungsoo stopped and turned to her. “Not funny.”

 

“It’s funny. Very funny.” Hana grinned to irritate him more.

 

Kyungsoo went to her. His face turned serious as he held her arm. “But you didn’t forget right?” he asked her.

 

Hana blinked innocently at him.

 

“Who are you again?”

 

His lips twitched to the side as his eyes squinted at her. “You really like making fun of me.” Kyungsoo mumbled as he frowned.

 

“It’s because you’re cute.” Hana said as he pinched his soft cheeks. “You’re so squishy.”

 

His frown deepened. “I’m not cute. I’m manly. I’m a man! Real men are not cute. And I’m never going to be cute.” He mumbled with a serious face.

 

Hana giggled. He’s trying to be manly but he just looked cuter. “Because of what you did, you just became 10 times cuter.” She smiled.

 

“Aish. I’m not cute!” He argued. And then Kyungsoo suddenly remembered that he was already running late. “I have to go now. Bye!” He waved goodbye to her.

 

Hana quickly kissed his cheek. “Goodbye.” She told him.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly stopped and turned to her. He slowly placed his hand on his cheek exactly on the spot where her lips landed. “Did you just…?”

 

Hana bit her lower lip. His expression was unreadable. Is he mad? She thought. “Why? Is it better if I didn’t do it? I thought it would be okay..” Hana mumbled apologetically. “I’m sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No! I was just not used to it. But I’ll eventually get used to it.” He smiled. “Can you kiss my other cheek too? He playfully asked her.

 

“Aren’t you late?” Hana asked him.

 

“Oh right! Bye! See you later!” Kyungsoo literally ran away.

 

Hana smiled as she waved to him even though he couldn’t see it. “Take care!”

 

 

 

 

At school,

 

Kyungsoo walked to his friends with a big smile.

 

Kai immediately noticed it. “Something good must’ve happen. You look like you’re in such a good mood.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “Is it that obvious?”

 

“It’s definitely about that girl.” Sehun mumbled. At first he didn’t really like Hana but Kyungsoo explained everything and little by little, he’s slowly accepting her. If Kyungsoo loves her very much that only means one thing, that she’s a good person.

 

Baekhyun snorted. “Who else right? His mood depends on her. When something bad happened between them he’s sulking. But if something good happened, he’s like that. Smiling like an idiot.”

 

“Am I like that?” Kyungsoo asked. He just couldn’t help but smile. He has every reason to anyway.

 

Chanyeol sat closer to him and patted his shoulders. “What happened? Huh? Tell us.”

 

Kyungsoo coyly bit his lower lip. He was contemplating if he would tell it to his friends or not.

 

“Just tell us! Hurry!” Suho demanded.

 

“We’re together now.” He admitted shyly. His cheeks turned faintly pink. He was embarrassed after all.

 

“FINALLY!” His friends chorused.They’ve been waiting for this for so long. And finally they were officially together.

 

Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo closer. “So what happened last night?” He asked him mischievously.

 

“Last night?” Kyungsoo innocently asked him.

 

Chanyeol nodded as he wriggled his brows. “Last night.”

 

“We slept on her room.” He said it like it was nothing. Because it was really nothing to him. Because nothing really happened. And because he was innocent unlike his friends.

 

“Kyungsoo is a real man!” Chanyeol announced as he patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

Kai and Suho high fived each other.

 

Baekhyun covered Sehun’s ears. “He’s the maknae. He can’t be tainted.”

 

His friends cheered for him like crazy. They just couldn’t belive what Kyungsoo did. And as his friends, they’re proud of him.

 

“Why are you guys like that? Are you that happy that I slept on the floor?” Kyungsoo asked them.

 

“WHAAAAAT?!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “I slept on the floor. And she slept on her bed.” He repeated.

 

“Aigoo. Kyungsoo still a kid after all.” Suho mumbled as he just walked away with Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol pouted. “Aish. And to think that I was proud of you.” Chanyeol shook his head as he left too.

 

Kai didn’t say anything. He just stared at him. And just quietly walked away.

 

And lastly, Sehun went to him and patted his head. “It’s okay Hyung. I still support you.” he mumbled to him before he left.

 

“Hey! Where are you all going?” Kyungsoo asked them. But they didn’t mind him. “Those guys are weird.” He commented as he shook his head.

 

 

 

=================================================================================

 

^^