This is the End

My Life As Byun Baekhyuns Fake Girlfriend

Here it goes you guys. The last chapter. And it's a quite long one to, for all of you

Baekhyun’s POV  

I stared at the short girl in front of me. I mean, I know I’m fairly short, but Sohyun is way shorter than me. 

“What… Are you doing here?” I asked. Naeun had told me she’d meet me here for dinner, I had been very surprised when she asked, but of course I said yes. 

“I was supposed to eat dinner here with Naeun tonight but she just canceled.” Sohyun said, showing me her phone as if to tell me that Naeun had just texted or called her to say she couldn’t show up. 

“Are you kidding me? I was supposed to meet her here for dinner.” I exclaimed and slowly started understanding what was going on here…   

“Why- Wait… Is this some kind of weird plan…?” Sohyun asked and I noticed her eyes darkening.

“Oh, now I get it.” I sighed. I knew it had been too good to be true… 

“I hate her.” Sohyun muttered and crossed her arms.

“Nah, don’t hate her. I guess she just wants to help me or something.” I said with a shrug. “Well, while we’re here, we could might as well eat dinner, right?” I said, nodding towards the restaurant’s entrance.  

Sohyun shrugged. “Fine, but don’t get any funny ideas now mister!” she pointed her finger in my chest before marching inside the restaurant. I chuckled before following her inside.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

“Where are they?”  I asked and felt like George of the jungle as I tried to climb a tree to see further down the road.

“They’ll be here any second now, just get down.” Naeun said and tried to grab my arm and get me to jump down.

“Look! There they are!” Suho exclaimed and pointed out two figures walking towards us.

“They’re holding hands!” Hara squealed.

“Did our plan actually work?” Naeun asked and I couldn’t help but to hear just a little bit of disappointment in her voice.

Your (Naeun) POV

I saw them coming closer to us, hand in hand. Baekhyun was not even looking at the ground in front of him, just constantly watching Sohyun with a loving smile. 

I swallowed. Give it up Naeun, YOU. ARE. OVER. HIM. I glanced at Chanyeol and hooked my arms with him, trying to avoid looking at the approaching couple.     

“Hi there!” Sohyun smiled brightly at us and put her arm around Baekhyun’s waist.

“Hello there sister!” Suho smiled with his breathtaking smile at her before putting his hand around Hara’s waist, mirroring his sister’s movement.

“I can’t believe you guys are dating now.” Hara smiled but I saw Sohyun rolling her eyes at her. She still didn’t like Hara, no matter what Hara did. 

“Can’t we see a kiss?” Chanyeol asked with a sneaky smile and I felt that I really didn’t want to see my best friend kiss the boy I not too long ago was in love with.    

Sohyun and Baekhyun glanced at each other and slowly started moving their heads closer. I retorted my eyes to the ground to spare myself.

“I can’t do it! I can’t do it!”

I quickly looked up again and saw Sohyun clasping her hands over while backing away from Baekhyun.

Me, Chanyeol, Hara and Suho all looked 100% surprised and none of us got what was going on.

Baekhyun started chuckling and so did Sohyun. What was going on…?

“Thank God you pulled away. I was like ‘I can’t do this! I can’t do this!’.” Baekhyun smiled.

“Oh please, you would be lucky to kiss me.” Sohyun muttered as she crossed her arms.

“Okay, I think I’m speaking for everyone as I ask ‘What the heck is going on?’.” Suho asked with round eyes.

“Ahh… Here’s the deal…” Baekhyun started.

~~~Flashback~~~

Baekhyun’s POV

“I think they want to hook me up with a girl, so that I won’t go around and be all depressed and ruin their happiness.” I said with a sigh as the weightier showed up with our food.

“And I’m the best person they can think of?” Sohyun asked before stuffing with mashed potato.     

I shrugged. “Apparently.”

“Look, even though you’ll pay for this dinner and you’re cute and everything, I’m not gonna date you.” Sohyun said and folded her napkin. 

“Wait, wait, wait! Who the heck said I’m going to pay!?” I exclaimed.

“You’re the male here, aren’t you?” Sohyun stated before stabbing her piece of meat with a fork, looking western somehow.    

“Well yeah, but do you really want to be all conservative and let me pay just because that’s how it is in most other cases?” I asked, still hadn’t even touched my food.  

“Don’t worry, I’m not against being a little conservative every now and then.” Sohyun shrugged again with full of food.  

 “Okay, so then you’re going to save your ity until your wedding night?” I asked with raised eyebrows. 

Sohyun paused her eating for a second. “I said every now and then, not 24/7.” She mumbled.

I shook my head. “Anyways, what should we do with Naeun and Chanyeol? They’re obviously trying to set us up.” I pointed out before finally starting on my kimchi. 

Sohyun shrugged again. “We could… Give them what they want.” She wiggled her eyebrows and I furrowed mine. 

~~~End of Flashback~~~

“So… You were about to be his fake girlfriend? Haven’t we already declared that is a bad idea?” I asked Sohyun. 

She just simply shrugged. “Sorry, just thought it’d be fun to trick you guys.”

“But… Why won’t you guys date?” Chanyeol asked.

“We’re not going to date just because you guys want us to.” Baekhyun said and for the first time in a very long time, smiled at Chanyeol. I glanced at Chanyeol. As if to warm my heart, he smiled right back at his ex-best friend, that I was now hoping would be categorized as his best friend soon again.     

I smiled at the people around me.   

I hate to admit it, but when Chanyeol first had suggested Sohyun for Baekhyun, I thought my heart would be able to handle it, but it wasn’t.    

I was over Baekhyun, I was. For real, that wasn’t a lie. But just because you’re over someone, doesn’t mean you’ll automatically stop caring for them as more than just a friend. No, Baekhyun would have a special place in my heart for quite a while ahead.  

I glanced at the tall, fluffy-haired, smiling maniac next to me and felt the sun shine inside of me. So okay, Baekhyun was still not out of my heart, but Chanyeol was still the number 1 priority.

Sure, I couldn’t KNOW I’d be with Chanyeol forever, I couldn’t even promise I would be his girlfriend a week from now. No, I couldn’t promise anything about the future, I could might as well end up with Baekhyun one day, but not today and most likely not tomorrow either.   

No, I was happy to see him smiling next to Sohyun, and then walking up to hug Chanyeol in their old manner again. Maybe he’d be with Sohyun one day, I couldn’t know that now either.   

But right now, I was happy to see Suho lovingly place a kiss on Hara’s cheek while feeling Chanyeol’s arm sneak around my waist and pulling my body close to his. 

Right now - and who knew for how long - this is where I belong.

 

~~~THE END~~~

 

Okay so this is it you guys. I know I’ve disappointed at least half of you but I figure there wasn’t really a way for me to avoid it either.
There was Team Chanyeol

chanyeol_gif_by_smoran-d4z6w70.gif

and there was Team Baekhyun.

 I still hope that none of you feel that you’ve wasted your time reading this story and that you will leave one last comment and let me know how you felt about this story.

 

Thank you ALL of my subscribers and readers – even the silent ones – for sticking with me even when I haven’t updated in weeks.

  

You see, I really haven’t had any EXO feels at all lately but when our boys won the award at MAMA I just had to write this chapter! 

I hardly think this is my last story here on AFF, but I do think I’ll take a little break.

Once EXO makes a comeback – if that day ever comes ;) – I’m pretty darn sure I’ll have at least one bunch of ideas for stories to provide you all with ^^

 

Once again, thank you all very much for all your support!!