Confession

My Life As Byun Baekhyuns Fake Girlfriend

 

Your (Naeun’s) POV

I knocked on the door as I arrived at Chanyeol’s house. Never did I think I would come to his house and especially not for a visit like this one. Not that I knew what this visit was really going to be though.

After less than 5 seconds the door opened and Chanyeol appeared. His hair was slightly styled and it was quite obvious that he had put more effort in to his outfit and hairstyle than he had ever before, or at least when I had seen him. 

“Hi Naeun.” He said and his voice sounded almost unrecognizable. Was he…Nervous for something?

“Hi Chanyeol, how is it?” I asked as he let me inside.  

“Oh, I’m fine just fine. Fine.” He said and shut the door behind me.

I gave him a weird look. Something was up for sure.    

“Come here.” He said and led me in to what I assumed was the living room. On a table there were some candles that lit up the otherwise pretty dark room. 

“What a nice house you have. You can’t tell you’ve just lived here for a couple of months.” I said as I looked around at family portrait and pictures of a young Chanyeol hanging on the walls.

“Thank you, mom would be so pleased if she heard that.” He said and fixed some pillows in the couch. “Have a seat.” He said and gestured for me to sit down so I did.

“Wait, is that strawberries with white chocolate?” I asked an pointed at the pink bowl that seemed to have quite delicious treats in it.  

Chanyeol nodded. “Mhmm, I figured you ate a Strawberry White so maybe you’d like this.” Chanyeol said. “Here, taste one.” He said and reached me the bowl.

“Thank you.” I said with a smile as I took one but I still felt that something was most definitely wrong with Chanyeol.  

The night went on and even though I had expected that Chanyeol would loosen up and become his normal self, he didn’t. It was more like the other way around; he seemed more and more nervous.

I was curious to why he had invited me this evening ‘just’ to talk. There must be a more legit reason somewhere.

The two of us talked though the hours and I did really feel like I got to know him better. Like that he has an older sister and an older brother as well. But then, as I said maybe it was time for me to start moving he tensed up and looked practically panicked. 

“What is it Chanyeol?” I asked as I stood up and gave him a look of concern.

“Eh… Please don’t leave yet. I have to tell you something.” He said and tugged on my wrist to get me to sit down again. 

“Sure, but what is it?” I asked and started getting an unpleasant feeling in my body.

“Okay, you see… I have started to realize something lately. Something that I don’t just want to leave be, but do something about. So… The real reason you’re here today is… Because I have to tell you…” Chanyeol paused and probably 10 seconds passed without him saying or doing anything but staring at me. 

“Chanyeol…? What is it that you want to say me?” I asked.

He shook his head and looked away from me. “I…I like you.”

He said it. I can’t believe he just said that. He could have gotten to say ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THAT. I sighed inwardly and tried to stay calm. How should I do this? 

“Chanyeol…” I looked up at him and saw him looking at me, obviously expecting an answer. “I like you to, but just not in the way that you like me.” The way his face first lit up with hope when I said the words ‘I like you to’ and then went completely blank when I said the rest of the sentence was not at all pleasant to see. I wish I would NEVER have had to see that.   

We sat there, both of us quiet for a while and I felt like crying. I was afraid he felt pretty much the same way. “Chanyeol, please… Please understand that I love you as a friend and I don’t want to lose you.” I said and started feeling panicked and considered the idea to just run the heck out of here right now. 

He was quiet for a little more before he uttered words that I just unbearably heard. “But if I was your boyfriend you wouldn’t lose me. I’d be there all the time.”   

His words kept repeating in my head and I felt like a used tissue was worth more than me right now.

I wanted to tell him I had already changed my mind, but I just couldn’t. I liked Baekhyun. He…He was the one I had always liked and now, that he felt closer to me than ever, and I had actually tasted his lips, I just couldn’t let him go for someone else. Even if that someone else was Chanyeol, that of course any girl would be lucky to have, but sadly he was to me nothing else but a good friend and right now I realized I was losing him. But I couldn’t just tell him yes to please him or to keep him as my friend. That wouldn’t be right to either one of us.   

“I’m so sorry Chanyeol. You deserve someone better.” I said and patted his upper arm. I could see he flinched at my touch.

For the first time since I had told him no he looked at me. “Then tell me, who exactly would be better for me than you?” he asked and his eyes were steady on me with tears that probably blurred his vision.    

I felt terrible. I didn’t even know Chanyeol could cry and here he was, crying thanks to me. “I’m sorry.” I said again and stood up again to leave. “I have to go. I’m so sorry Chanyeol.” I said before I turned around and left the house. 

Chanyeol’s POV  

The second she shut the door behind her I knew it was over. Everything I had been planning with Kai the last days had gone wasted and all my feelings likewise. I had never experienced this level of heartache. Not even when I saw Hara and Baekhyun kiss. 

I let the tears fall as I lay down in the couch and just lay there. Mom and dad should be home in an hour or so. I could might as well lie here until then.   

I had always thought I had been in love with Hara, but I hadn’t. I was in love with Naeun and I had –if that was even possible- fallen for her even more during our talk just now with the strawberries that had been dipped in white chocolate. And now…Well now I had probably lost her forever and this wasn’t the first time Baekhyun had the girl I wanted, but it was for sure the worst time.    

---------------------------------------------------

THIS IS NOT THE END!!! Just so you all know. ;)

I wanted to write comment replies for this chapter but right now I just don’ t have the time. Sorry :(

But let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments! ^^