The Story

My Life As Byun Baekhyuns Fake Girlfriend

 come-with-us-they-said.jpg

Your POV

”I won!” my friend exclaimed as she won the card game we were playing for the 3rd time in a row.
Just then, two people passed you. The girl was holding her hand on the much taller males shoulder and laughed at something, probably something that he had said.
When they had passed the hallway we were sitting in, my best friend Sohyun stated: “Those two have gotten close.”      

“I know. I guess it’s because Chanyeol is Baekhyun’s friend.” I stated as I collected the cards for another round, hopefully one that would result in me winning this time.     

“Seriously. Baekhyun’s gone for three days and those two acts like Baekhyun and Hara did back when they got together.” Sohyun muttered. “It wouldn’t surprise me if she was cheating on him.” she mumbled, referring to Hara cheating on her boyfriend Baekhyun who currently was at home, sick.  
When Sohyun said that, I started thinking back of when Baekhyun and Hara first had gotten together. 

 ~~~   

When I first had started our class, Baekhyun wasn’t exactly the guy I had noticed. To me he had just been there. It was first after almost half a year or so, that I realized just HOW damn good looking he was. At that time I was super in to Twilight. Me and my friends were obsessed with those movies and books and owned a bunch of T-shirts saying either ‘Team Jacob’ or ‘Team Edward’. So anyways, I had all of a sudden noticed that Baekhyun looked kind of like a vampire. There was just something with him. His beautiful pale skin (although of course he wasn’t the only pale one in class), his kind of golden eyes and simple things like the way he walked.
That’s how I first had started to fall for Byun Baekhyun and pretty soon I realized I was in love with him.     

At that time, I started making a fool out of myself every time he was around. I just somehow managed to be 100% embarrassing whenever I finally got the chance to be close to him.      

Soon rumors about Baekhyun and Hara having something going on started to spread. But on the other hand there were rumors about Hara having something going on with most guys...   
I had really hoped that the rumors were true. Not the ones about her and Baekhyun, the ones about her and the other boys. There was this one guy, his name was (well it still is) Kris and I actually thought that he and Hara was a thing. But maybe it was more what I wished I’d think that what I actually believed.         

One day, when me and some of my friends had been playing cards at the exact same table as we did right now, Sohyun had come running and announced the news I had hoped to never have to hear: Baekhyun and Hara were kissing.           
So then, sometime in May before you graduated first year of high school, Baekhyun and Hara had become like THE couple.      
Every day, all day, they would kiss. Everywhere you looked you could see them kissing. Or more like eating each other.
When I look back on it, I imagine it as if I took it well. Not on the inside but on the outside at least. Smiling and claiming they looked super cute while eating each other’s faces out in the middle of the hallway.

Now they had been together for soon a year even though most people didn’t even think it would last. Most people, including a hopeful me, expected it to end soon, just like a little high school romance usually did unless you’re freaking Vanessa and Troy. But as they celebrated their 10 months and then their 11 months anniversary on Facebook with people congratulating them, I started to think that maybe they WERE the Troy and Vanessa of your school. Well, someone had to be, right?        

Once Baekhyun and Hara had gotten together, I had started the tough fight to GET OVER him. Something that still  to this day, I hadn’t fully.   

Even though I had seen guys I did find way hotter than Baekhyun, there was just something about the way he was. His personality was just like how I wanted my boyfriends’ personality to be and I could see what an amazing boyfriend he was to Hara.   

After winter break of 2nd year, a new guy had started mine and Baekhyun’s class (Hara went in our parallel class). His name was Chanyeol and he and Baekhyun hit it off right away.

Chanyeol quickly became the new Hyuna. Yes, poor Hyuna was Hara’s best friend. She always sat next to Baekhyun and Hara at lunch when they kissed and fed each other food and looked quite pathetic to be honest. She always smiled at them but had always just looked like the human definition of ‘Come with us they said, it’ll be fun they said’. 
She was like a third wheel but she wasn’t even noticed by Hara and Baekhyun very much.

A few months ago, you had started hanging out with Hyuna, once she got tired of being Haras best friend only when Baekhyun wasn’t around. It was then she told me the true story, that she had been in love with Baekhyun for many years and Hara had promised to help her get together with him, but fell in love with him in the process.    
I felt really bad for poor Hyuna, but at least she had moved on and was now crushing on some other guy.

Hara didn’t really have any female friends left. She wasn’t like a loner whenever Baekhyun wasn’t with her, she had no problem talking to people, but she didn’t really have any FRIENDS anymore. She had lost them while being all up in her beloved boyfriend.
So now Chanyeol had become the new Hyuna. He looked so lonely when he sat next to them at lunch or stood next to them when they kissed. Just like Hyuna had done before finding some real friends.   
But now that Baekhyun was home sick, Chanyeol and Hara had seemed to become VERY close all of a sudden.    

Yesterday, after a test in math I had finished before Chanyeol, I had left the classroom and saw Hara waiting outside. I sat down next to her since I was waiting for Sohyun and asked her what she was waiting for.         

“Chanyeol.” Had been the obvious answer and I hadn’t really found anything odd with it until Sohyun brought it to you with different lightening.    
Now when she said it, the way Chanyeol and Hara acted with each other did really remind you of the time when Baekhyun and Hara was almost together but not really. All over each other all the time, playing with each other’s hands, laughing at each other’s bad jokes. Just like Hara and Baekhyun had done once.

“Naeun, hello~?” Sohyun waived her hand in front of my face and I woke up from my daze.

“Oh! Sorry, didn’t mean to disappear.” I excused myself.

“It’s okay, but hand out the cards now, class starts in five minutes.” Sohyun said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So first chapter’s up! Enjoy ^^