Flashbacks

My Life As Byun Baekhyuns Fake Girlfriend

Chanyeol’s POV

I stared at the message Naeun sent. The second I had seen her log in I had fixed so that it looked as if I was offline when really, I wasn’t.

I didn’t want to be mean, I just couldn’t talk to her right now, or you know, ever.

I wasn’t mad at her. How could I be mad at her? She had told me the truth and trying to not hurt me. Sure, I did get hurt, but no matter how he would have said it, I would probably have been just as hurt.

I realized she was probably feeling terrible. I would. So therefor, I decided to spare her as much pain as possible and just tell her I wasn’t mad at her.   

Naeun’s (Your) POV

My stomach was aching and I felt like I needed to lie down. Who the heck decided teen life would be so damn difficult?! And it’s not like you would grow up and there, in the adult world, there were no more problems, no, there you would get new ones.

I sighed and stared at the screen. I looked at Chanyeol’s profile picture. It was a nice picture of him smiling and I couldn’t help myself from smiling as well when I saw it.   

I started looking back at how I managed to get in to this big annoying soup in the first place…

“Ehm… should we go to class?” Baekhyun asked me once he broke the hug. We had never hugged before and I can’t say I minded the feeling, but it felt so weird hugging him like this after agreeing to be his fake girlfriend to get revenge on his ex-girlfriend. 

 “Sure…” I nodded.

How on earth could I have agreed to that in the first place? Sure, I liked him and everything, but that I actually said yes to that… It still sounds absurd in my ears.

~~~~

“Sorry ‘bout that.” Baekhyun said with slightly red cheeks as he broke the kiss.

 I smiled weakly. “It’s okay.” 

 “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” Baekhyun patted my shoulder before he hurried over to his bike.

“What the heck was that?” Sohyun asked as she stood next to me.

 “My first kiss.” I stated.   

 “Ahh, you should be jumping up and down right now you know.” Sohyun said. 

 “Yeah well I would if he only would have meant it.” I said before we walked towards the bus station.

My first kiss… Sweet memories... And Baekhyun was a hell of a kisser by the way. I had after all kissed him twice and well, I had enjoyed both of them, at the same time as the stupid thing called ‘thoughts’ had made it all less enjoyable.

~~~~

“What about Chanyeol?” she asked 

“What about him?” I furrowed my eyebrows. 

“Didn’t you like him when he first came here?”

 “Well yeah, but now he’s obviously with Hara…” I stated and played with my eraser.

 “She gets all the good once, doesn’t she?” Sohyun asked and I nodded in agreement.

She gets all the good ones… Or got. Now she has none of them. But neither do I.

~~~~

“Sohyun told me I should get here and go see this movie with you. So are you ready to act?” Baekhyun asked with his special eye smile that was 100% irresistible.           

 I sighed to myself. “I guess so.” I said and before I knew it, Baekhyun put an arm around my shoulders and pulled my closer to him. It felt awkward but so damn good at the same time.

I’m ashamed of myself for ever doing that… I still feel kind of bad for Hara and I almost hope she hates me ‘cause she has all the rights to do so.

~~~~

Once the movie ended Baekhyun held his arm around me until he made sure both Hara and Chanyeol were gone. Then he sheepishly let go of me and smiled shyly. “So, I guess I’ll see you in school tomorrow then?”    

 I nodded and we said our goodbyes. I was about to take out my phone to call my dad and ask him to pick me up since I didn’t want to go home alone –and it wasn’t like gentleman Byun Baekhyun had offered to walk me home or anything.

Aish, I was in love with such a gentleman…

~~~~

“There you go I said as I straitened myself up and gave him back his pencil as I looked up at his face.

 He had this special look in his eyes. I accidently shifted my gaze to his lips which didn’t go unnoticed by him. 

 Suddenly I felt very aware of just how close our faces were and was just about to lean back when his lips crashed on to mine.  

I was still mad at him for that one. It was so uncalled. And then he said all of that…

“I’m still in love with Hara.” He said and looked at me.  

 My smile fell slightly although I guess I couldn’t really take this as a surprise.   

 “I know I’m not supposed to still be that, that I’m supposed to completely hate her with all my mind and body, but…I just can’t…” he released a heavy sigh and leaned forward. 

I guess he was too damn clueless to ever realize I liked him.

~~~~

“Oh… Well in that case, may I join you?” I asked with a little smile.

 “Eh, sure.” Chanyeol said.

Ah, my first real meeting with Chanyolo…

~~~~

“Don’t you get it? Baekhyun wants to make Hara jealous and regret that she ever cheated, by using me, and Hara is doing the same thing, but using you.” I stated.

 “So…You think she’s just using me?” Chanyeol asked.

 I nodded. “I’m sorry, but I really think that’s how it is.”

 “Wow… I really thought she liked me…” he said.

Poor Yeollie…

~~~~

Why did EVERYTHING have to be so damn complicated? I always thought Chanyeol liked Hara? But then why would he kiss me? I’m not Hara.  

Chanyeol’s kisses…

~~~~

Chanyeol composed himself again and reached his hand to my forehead and examined the bump that had already started growing slightly. He blew on it and patted me on the back. “Poor Naeunie.” He said and looked like a sad dog.     

 “Yah, don’t call me that.” I exclaimed.

 He chuckled. “What if I call you Naeunie and you call me Chanyeollie.” He suggested.  

 “Why would I call you that?” I asked him and gave him a weird look.

 “’Cause it’s cute.” He said and smiled. Then he switched his eyes to my shirt before he blushed and looked away.     

 “Ehh… Naeun, your shirt has become slightly…see-through from the ice cream…” he said, still not looking at me.

 I looked down at myself and sighed. “Ahh, just great… I guess it’s time for me to go home and get changed. See you.” I said and turned to leave but Chanyeol stopped me.    

 “Wait! You can’t go home in that shirt. Everyone will you know… See you…” He said, both sounding and looking very awkward. 

I blushed at the memory. Why had I made everything so complicated? How could I be sure I had made the right choice? Maybe… Just maybe…    

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar beep coming from my computer. I noticed that Chanyeol had written something and my heartbeat increased without a legit explanation to why. 

I took a deep breath and read his massage.

‘Naeun, I’m not mad at you, I just need some time and I hope you understand that. Even though it was hard to be rejected by you and especially knowing that there was someone else that you rather wanted, all I really want for you is to be happy. I don’t care who you’re with or what you do, I just want you to be happy, please know that. I realize that to you, I’m not the one and even though I wish I was, I know I’m not and I want YOU to know that I will help you to capture the heart of your perfect other half in any way I can. Please just be happy Naeun :)’   

I read the message literally seven times. I couldn’t believe my eyes.  

I got out of bed and put on a hoodie. How could I have been so blind all along!?

----------------------------------

Oh la la… Please let me know what you think will happen! ^^

Le GIFs (I’m gonna have to ask my French teacher if it’s supposed to be la GIFs or le GIFs) :

image

image

image

AHAHAHAHA, did you guys see that!? XD

image

image