Ice Cream Man... Chanyeol?

My Life As Byun Baekhyuns Fake Girlfriend

 

Yeols’ POV

It was such a nice weather outside when I woke up the next morning that I felt that I just HAD to go on a walk. Yeah, I know I sound like an old man in his 70s but I’m really an outdoor person sometimes and just want to be outside 24/7.  

I got dressed and headed outside. The park was pretty much empty in exceptions of an old lady feeding birds, two couples on what I suppose was a date and a children family, playing by the swings.

I smiled at a little boy who ran around laughing while playing with a tennis ball. When I looked up I saw the sign saying ‘Ice Cream’. Since I hadn’t eaten any breakfast my desire for ice cream was bigger than ever.    

As I walked up to the cashier the familiar face of Suho met me.

“Well hi there. Chanyeol, right?”  he smiled at me brightly. 

I nodded. “Yep, I was here with Naeun yesterday.” I said with my hands in my pockets.

“Don’t tell me you’re here to buy ice cream…” Suho said slowly and raised an eyebrow at me.

I smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. “Well… I haven’t had one since yesterday night…” I said.

Suho chuckled in a way that made him sound like santa. “Are you sure you’re not dating Naeun? ‘Cause the two of you would be perfect together.” He said with his bright smile that made anyone who saw it smile back.  

“Nah… it’s complicated. Very complicated.” I said with a light sigh.

“Well… tell uncle Suho.” Suho said with a serious voice but a kind smirk playing on his lips.

“Are you sure? Aren’t you working?” I asked him.

He turned to a guy behind him who was handling an ice cream machine. “Hey Kyungsoo, I’m taking my break now.” He said and the other guy nodded and gave him an ‘Okay’ sign.

Suho threw the towel he had used to clean the bench over his shoulder as he walked out the little door on the side and came up to me. He had two ice creams with him and he reached me one of them. “Here you go.” He said, still smiling.

We walked over to one of the tables and I was almost afraid to step on him, he was so small compared to me…

“So now… tell me.” Suho said as he sat down at one of the tables while taking of his working hat.

I sighed a little as I sat down. “Honestly, I don’t even know where to start…” I said with another sigh.

Suho smiled. “You’re new here, aren’t you? Start there.”       

“Ehh… Okay… Well, when I first came here, I became friends with Baekhyun, you know who that is?”

Suho nodded and I continued. “Well, since I became his friend, I kind of got Hara –his girlfriend- in the package. She’s not shy, she talked to me like we had known each other forever from our first conversation and I noticed how much she was around other guys as well. I understood that Baekhyun got jealous, but he never said anything, he just kept quiet. I guess he didn’t want to start a fight.”

I paused and opened my ice cream before chewing thoughtfully on it. “I guess he was afraid to upset her and loose her. He loved her so much. I also noticed that he probably loved her way more than she loved him, witch I found sad. But as time passed my feelings for Hara started to grow, mostly because she’s so different from most other girls I’ve met. She feels like one of the boys, you know.” I said and paused again to eat some more ice cream before it melted.       

Suho took this opportunity to talk. “So, you fell in love with your best friends’ girlfriend?” He stated more than he asked.    

I shrugged while chewing on the chocolate from my ice cream. “I wouldn’t really say ‘in love’. It’s more like a crush or whatever you call it.” I said.

“Okay… So…What happened then?” Suho asked to tell me to continue.  

“Well, Baekhyun became sick for a couple of days and it was the first time I was with Hara without having Baekhyun there. I don’t even know how it happened, but all of a sudden she acted as if I was her boyfriend now that Baekhyun wasn’t around and I guess I liked it. I had never been in any relationship so I liked the feeling of being a boyfriend, even If that wasn’t the case.” I paused and took my eyes away from Suhos’ serious expression as I was about to tell him the part that I was the least proud of.            

“Then… She followed me home. She didn’t even really ask me, she more just did it. It felt weird since Baekhyun wasn’t there, and she WAS actually HIS girlfriend. And before I knew it, when we arrived at my house, she just kissed me. I wanted to pull away, since I knew it was wrong but I just couldn’t. It felt so right, at the same time it felt so wrong. And now…I’ve completely ruined my ex-best friends’ life.” I finished with a heavy sigh.        

Suho studied me quietly for a while before he opened his mouth. “So, how did Naeun come in to all this?” he asked as he finished his own ice cream while I still had half mine left since I had been talking constantly for the last minutes.      

“Oh! I almost forgot!” I exclaimed. “You see, I think Baekhyun was hurt.”

“Pssh! You don’t say!?” Suho said.

I gave him a look. “I know… But…Anyways, he wanted to get revenge. So he asked Naeun to be his fake girlfriend to make Hara jealous.” I said.  

Suho looked like he was about to chuckle. “Wow… What a messed up story. I guess the only thing missing would be that Hara asked you to become her fake boyfriend to make Baekhyun jealous back.” He said.  

I gave him an awkward look, telling him that was actually the case.   

Suho widened his eyes than started to laugh while holding his stomach. “Oh the Lord! You gotta be kidding me…” he said once he was able to calm down. 

“Nope, I’m 100% serious.” I sighed.

Suho eyed me. “You know what? One of our employees, Sehun quitted the other day because he ‘Needed to focus on his dancing’ or something like that. Maybe you already have a job, but would you be interested to work at the ice cream bar?” Suho asked with a gentle smile.      

My eyes widened. “You’re kidding?!”

Suho shook his head. “No, you seem like a nice guy, I think you’d get along well with me, Kyungsoo, the boss and the other hired.”    

I smiled. “How on earth can you think I seem like a nice guy after just hearing I kissed my best friends girlfriend?”  

“Well, you’re gonna have to work on that part, but other than THAT you seem like a nice kid.” Suho got up and patted my back. “Come on, let’s go to the office and tell the boss that I’ve find a new employee.    

-----------------------------------------------------

I loved my job already. It was everything I could ever want in work way. The boss even said that one free ice cream a day was included. I mean, COME ON! Is it a dream or what!?

The other guy there, Kyungsoo seemed really nice. He doesn’t say much but he has cute eyes. He kind of reminds me of my weird aunts’ owl. Yeah, I know. An owl. I mean, who has an owl?!

Then, when Suho left since his shift was ending, this other guy that told me to call him Kai came. He seems really nice to!

I had been there for hours but still, couldn’t stop smiling over the fact that I all of a sudden had my dream job without even having to do anything to get it!  

~~~~

Later, when there was just an half an hour left before we would close and only me and Kai were left, a familiar voice was heard behind me as I was trying to understand this ice cream machine.

“Hey Kai! I would like a pineapple cone please.”               

“Don’t you eat a little too much ice cream? You know, it isn’t healthy.” Kai answered back and I could practically hear his smirk.        

“That’s why I prefer Kyungsoo over you; he just shuts up and gives the customer what she wants.” The girl muttered.    

I turned around once I got the damn machine starting and smiled at Naeun.

“Hi there!” I exclaimed.  

“Chanyeol?!” She exclaimed and stared at me as Kai reached her the ice cream cone.

Kai chuckled. “I can’t believe you know the employed here before they even have been here for a day.”       

Naeun reached over to smack his head. “We are classmates you pabo.” She muttered. Then she turned to me. “You’ve got a job here?” she asked with big eyes.

I smiled and nodded eagerly. “I was just eating ice cream with Suho and he all of a sudden said that this guy named Sehun something had quit the other day and asked me if I wanted to work here.”

Naeun widened her eyes. “WHAT!?” she practically screamed. “I can’t believe him! I have wanted to work here like, FOREVER! And he always says that they don’t need any more workers and that he’ll tell me if something comes up and then he just goes and hires YOU who he has known for LITERLY 1 day!”       

“Relax Naeun, maybe Suho just didn’t think you were right for the job.” Kai said while leaning on to the counter with a bored expression.       

Naeun shot him a glare.

“Or, he was afraid that if you and me worked together, you wouldn’t be able to resist me…” he said with a smirk.      

Naeun just ignored him this time. “Well I’m heading home. I need to make a call and yell on someone.”    

“Wait. Are you going home by yourself?” I asked her.

She nodded. “Yeah…”  

“Well, I can go with you. Kai, you can handle the shop by yourself for 20 minutes, right?” I asked him.

Kai yawned big and nodded. “Don’t worry. Kai got it covered. You little miss Ice cream here home.”      

Naeun shot him another glare while her pineapple ice cream.    

“Okay then, come on, let’s go!” I smiled as I hung my apron and my hat on the hooks behind the counter before I took my jacket and walked over to Naeun and repeated my words. “Let’ go!”

----------------------------------------------------

Did you guys like this chapter? I felt kind of good about it… Maybe kind of long boring talking stuff but I hope you all still liked it ^^

And sorry, I'm to damn lazy to make a replie right now... But I'll treat you some gifs instead ^^

image

image

image