Meet my best man

Chat Room Love Story

“Sungjong are you ready yet!” Woohyun yelled at me from the door way.

I rolled my eyes at him as I dragged our luggage down the stairs.

“Shut your pie hole! It wouldn’t have taken me so long if you would have woken me up earlier to let me know flights got changed to today!” I shouted.

“And your making me carry your luggage too!” Woohyun smirked and shrugged his shoulders before pushing me out the door.

“Oh well we can’t always get what we want.” He whistled

“The hell is that supposed to mean!” I pouted seriously irritated from my soon to be grease ball of an in-law.

“Woo, leave Sungjong alone and carry your own things.” Hoya scolded.

I smiled as Woohyuns face turned down.

“Now let’s go before you two make us miss our flight.”

We both nodded and jumped into the car. At some point Woohyuns phone began to ring.

“Hello?”…“Yeah they got pushed up.”…” Yeah we are heading there right now.”….” Okay you’ll just catch the later flight.”…”mmmhmm.”… “We’ll book your room for you.”…… “yep”….”Yeah I’ll pick you up tonight when you get there.” ….”Kay bye.”

“He can’t leave?” Hoya asked.

“Nope” Woohyun shook his head. “He has an important meeting today.

“Who was that?” I asked confused. The two froze and shared a look before answering.

“My best man.” Woohyun explained.

“I thought I was your best man?” I frowned.

“Nope.” Woohyun shook his head.

“You will be walking me down the aisle and you’re my best man.” Hoya answered with a wide grin. I nodded.

“But then if I’m not your best man who is?” I asked Woohyun.

“You’ll see~” He sang. I rolled my eyes and starred out the window the rest of the way.

.

.

.

“Flight 341 to Jeju Island has now landed; we wish you all a nice stay and thank you for flying Woolim airlines.”

After we gathered our luggage and car we headed to the hotel we’d be staying at and where the wedding would be held.

“wahh daebaek” I mumbled as I took in the beautiful ocean view.

“Pretty isn’t it?” Hoya asked me. He looked so blissful right now and I couldn’t help but to be so happy for him.

After we checked in to our cabana we took a tour around the hotel. We walked through the dining area where the reception would be held. We met with a floweriest for the flower arrangements, talked to the chefs to schedule a taste testing day sometime this week and by the time all that was done it was dinner time.

We decided to head out to the town for dinner and to take a tour around. Woohyun and Hoya shared the same room. Only the day before the wedding would Hoya come and stay in my room. Apparently Woohyun had decided that the two best men would be sharing a room together. So I was sharing my room with someone else for the next two weeks….Oh Joy…

Time went by in a blink of an eye and we were all making our way to dinner. We had decided to eat at a little dinner that was walking distance from the sea. It was nice enjoying the company of my brother and best friend. We talked like old times and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss it.

“So Sungjong do you plan on going back to school?” Hoya asked me and I shook my head.

“No, I actually finished my degree in China. I managed to transfer over to a university there.”

“Really?” Woohyun gasped.

“Yeah I taught art at a private dance school that my friend works at.” I answered.

“Really? “ Hoya asked. I know his attention was perked when I said dance school.

“Yep I actually stayed there while I was in china.”

“How?” Woohyun asked.

“My friend Victoria kind of owns the school. Her parents founded it and she is kind of like the headmaster now.”

“Where did you meet her?” Hoya asked.

“Online” I simply answered. Woohyun was about to ask more when his phone suddenly rang. He quickly excused himself to take the call. When he came back he informed us his best man arrived and he needed to pick him up from the airport.

Hoya and I decided to stroll around town for a little while and we’d meet Woohyun and this “best man” back at the hotel.

“How are you doing Jongie?” Hoya suddenly asked me. I paused in my footsteps an d looked at him. It’s been a while since I had heard anyone call me by that pet name.

“What do you mean hyung? I’m fine of course.” He sighed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders before continuing our stroll by the beach.

“I mean how are you with being back? How do you feel?” I thought about his question for a while and sighed.

“I’m not sure to be honest. I mean I’m happy to be back and see you and Woohyun…but..” I left my answer open and Hoya nodded in understanding.

“You started a new life there in china huh?” He asked and I nodded. Truth be told I was really happy while I was in China. Everyone was so nice and I loved teaching art to the kids. I was so sad to leave them and I can only imagine how they felt when Victoria told them I left. But we all knew I had to come back…right?

“Why did you come back Sungjong?” Hoyas question through me a little off guard and I stared at him surprised.

“I mean it’s not that I don’t want you back. I’m more than happy you’re back but why? Why did you decide to comeback now? Why not sooner? Or later?” I looked down into the sand and sighed.

“I’m not sure. I-it just felt right to comeback now.” Hoya nodded and pulled me into a strong embrace.

“Does it mean you’re ready to see him?” I stiffened at the mention of the reason I left.

“I-I don’t know.” I stuttered. I heard Hoya sigh before pulling away and smiling at me.

“We should get back I’m sure Woohyuns back already.” I nodded and followed slowly behind him. The whole walk back all I could think of was the man that I had left behind.

Our Cabana was an ocean front view. All we needed to do was follow a path alongside the hotel to the back and our cabana was the first one on the beach. It was far enough that no one from the hotel could see what we were doing. As we walked up to the cabana Woohyun stood in the door way with a big grin on his face.

“What are you so happy about?” I snubbed from the bottom of the stairs.

“Sungjong I’d like to introduce you to my best man.” Woohyun spoke and in the next few seconds my heart stopped. Out of the house walked the one man I prayed and wished not to see.

“Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungjong. Lee Sungjong, Kim Myungsoo.”

143TOFU