Two years later

Chat Room Love Story

 

It has been two years. Two years since he left. Two years since I’d fallen in love with him. Two years of everything but happiness. I had kept my promise to him about taking care of Hoya and Woohyun. I visit them as often as I can and we have family dinner with Minji and Kiki every Sunday.

I managed to graduate half a year early with top honors and landed a job at Woolim Architects. My boss is a really cool guy. He says I’m talented and think’s I’ll make it big in a few years.  All in all you’d think I’d be happy but I’m not. Every day is a struggle for me to keep going. I push on every day with a broken heart that’s being held together by band aids. It hurt’s but I’ll keep going I made a promise to myself the day he left that I would keep strong.

“Mr. Kim your friend Woohyun is here to see you” I looked up at the receptionist blankly and quickly shook away my worries.

“Uh yes send him in please.” She nodded quickly and left as she entered. Minutes later a sharply dressed Woohyun entered.

“Well, well Mr. Kim how nice of you to make room in your busy schedule to see me.” I grinned widely. It seems over these past two years Woohyun and I have grown very close.

“That should be my line.” I smirked and hugged the older man. After Woohyun graduated he began working for one of the best chefs in Korea. He just recently ventured out on his own and opened up his own restaurant that has taken off. His place is now one of the most desired places out there.

“Yeah, yeah anyway how you doing?” Woohyun asked as he took a seat across of Myungsoo’s desk.

“Good, I just got a new client with a huge order but other than that good.” Woohyun smiled and nodded.

“That’s good.” I raised my brow. What happened to the talkative Woohyun I knew? Usually he was the one to always start and continue our conversations but-

“I’m gonna propose to him tonight.”

Well that explained it….

“Congrats!” I shouted and stood up to pat him on the back.

“Thanks.” He said with a smile on his face. I frowned slightly and stared at him intently.

“Why do I feel like you’re not as excited as you should be?” I asked and he sighed.

 “Truth?” He asked. I nodded.

“Well I was kinda hoping Sungjong would comeback before I asked Hoya.” In an instant my heart dropped. Of course Woohyun wanted Sungjong to be here when he proposes to Hoya. He was his best friend and Hoya’s brother.

“I know man.” I said softly. With a sigh Woohyun looked up at me and grasped my Shoulder tightly.

“But at least I got you right?” My eyes softened at the look on Woohyuns face as I nodded softly.

“Of course.”

______________________________________

“Ready?” Victoria asked me. I smiled softly at her before pulling her into a tight hug.

“Not really, but it’s time I go back.” I whispered into her ear.

“That’s my boy.” She smiled and pulled away. I took one last look around me before leaving. This place had become my home and sanctuary and I was really sad to be leaving it.

“You’ll tell the others I said bye?” I asked her.

“Of course I will. Though the kids will be awfully sad they couldn’t say bye.” I smiled as we began walking out to Victoria’s car.

We stayed quiet the rest of the ride to the airport.  I stared out the window thinking about all the memories I had mad here in China. All the good and the bad and the random, all the people I met here and all the things I got to do.  I loved it here and in truth I didn’t want to leave but I knew I had to. It was time I return home and fix what ii left behind. I was stronger now and I was ready all thanks to Victoria and the others.

I still remember the look on her face when I showed up on her door step. She was both excited and confused to see me. After hearing my story though she welcomed me with open arms. It was true she really was an Umma at heart.

“We’re here.” I looked up and sighed as the airport came into sight. Victoria parked and helped me get my luggage out of the car before stopping at the gate.

“Well I guess this is it.” I sighed trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spill forward.

Victoria bit her lip before squealing and pulling me into an a tight hug.

“Ugh, I’m gonna miss you so much.” She sniffled.

“You take care and remember to eat right and don’t stay up to late and don’t-“

“Yes MOM I know, I know.” I shouted interrupting her Umma rampage. With a big breath She pulled me close and stared into my eyes. “I’ll miss you.” She muttered all teary eyed.

“I’ll miss you too.” I whispered and smiled at her. I stretched out to kiss her cheek and whispered a a thank you for everything before pulling away.

“I’ll visit you I promise.” I smiled at her and began to walk away. I was about to enter through the gate when my name was called.

“SUNGJONG!” I spun around and stared at Victoria who was waving her arms as if she was signaling a plane landing.

“Let’s visit Krystal guys next time!” My face brightened and I nodded. With one last wave I made my way through the gateway.

“Goodbye China and Hello Korea.”

143TOFUmmmm i smell and ending comming soon.....