He's back

Chat Room Love Story

I had just left the office and stopped by my apartment to change clothing and pick up dessert before heading over to Woohyun and Hoyas. Just like I promised every Sunday I would have dinner with them. It was like clockwork now. Sometimes others would join us but most of the time it was us three. After I graduated college and got my job I moved out on my own. I moved closer to work and by luck closer to Woohyuns restaurant. Within these past two years I have gotten really close to Woohyun and Hoya hyung. They’ve become like a second family now and if only Sungjong was here it would all be complete.

“Hi Myungsoo.” Hoya smiled and welcomed me in.

“Hi Hyung.” I nodded and smiled softly. Hoya was such a nice guy that would make anyone feel comfortable with immediately.

“oooh what desert did you bring this time.” He asked.

“Raspberry strudels.” I answered.

“Yum, that’ll taste so good with cocoa.” He cheered and placed them in the kitchen.

“Hey Myung!” Woohyun said as I entered the kitchen.

“I hope your hungry I made gumbo tonight.”

“Woohyun I’m always hungry for your cooking.” I stated and he laughed.

 

“So how was your week?” I asked them as we sat down and ate dinner. The couple shared a look before smiling at me in a suspicious way.

“Good.” They said in unison. I raised a brow wondering if I should ask but if there’s one thing I learned about the two in the time I’ve known them is that they are one hell of a weird couple.

“uh okay.” I nodded. Dinner went on nicely from there. I decided to leave early tonight so after washing dishes I said my goodbyes.

“It’s so early but.” Woohyun nagged.

“I have a big project going on.” I explained.

“ugh fine.” He whined. Hoya smiled and mocked Woohyun from behind.

“Goodnight you two.”

“Goodnight.” Hoya called.

“Night.” Woohyun said as he walked me to the door.

“Oh and don’t forget wedding rehearsal is next week. We’ll be flying over to Juju Island and stay there for two weeks. The first week we’ll be getting the reception and hall planed and decorated and the next week is rehearsal and then the wedding.” Woohyun explained.

“okay.” I nodded and said my goodbyes once more before heading out.

A longing feeling filled me as I stepped out into the night and I found myself heading to the café instead of home.

“I’m sorry were- really you couldn’t of came half an hour earlier!” Kiki shouted at me.

I just stared at her for a moment. “What”

“Ugh!” She shouted and stomped away.

“Hi Myungsoo.” Nicole smiled.

“Hi” I waved at her as she wiped down tables.

“What wrong with her?” I asked confused.

“Who knows you know how Kiki is better than anyone.” She answered and shrugged her shoulders. She had a point there.

“MYUNGSOOOO!” Minji whined as she ran out of the kitchen towards me.

“Why couldn’t you have come earlier!” She pouted.

“Why?” I asked her confused. She scrunched her face up and crossed her arms.

“hmp I can’t tell you why.” She pouted and stomped off.

“Ugh Okay.” I shrugged and headed up stairs.

“You staying over?” Kiki called.

“Yeah.” She nodded her head and continued mopping the floor.

I walked into my old room and immediately old memories started to flood my head. Thoughts of what if’s haunting me. I pulled out my laptop and set it on my desk turning it on before heading out to my balcony. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. The night was fresh and crisp. It was just starting to get cold again. I looked up to the sky and smiled as the stars twinkled brightly. I don’t know how long I stayed staring up at the stars until a knock at my door brought my attention back.

“Soosoo?” Minji called.

“Yeah?” I asked. She smiled at me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

“Nice to see you.” She whispered. I smiled and engulfed her into a hug.

“hmmm same here.” I hummed.

“How are things?” She asked. Her voice vibrating against my chest.

“Good, what about here?”

“Same old same old, people really seem to enjoy your newest dessert too.” She giggled.

“That’s good.” I nodded. Minji sighed and pulled back looking me in the face.

“Are you okay?” She asked sincerely.

“I’m doing my best.” I answered honestly.

“Do you know how he is?” She asked. I frowned.

“No he hasn’t spoken to me since March.”

Unknowingly to anyone other than Kiki and Minji I had stayed in contact with Sungjong as L his chat room friend. He talked to me and we’d stayed in contact up until March when he stopped logging on.

“Maybe you should try tonight?” She asked. I sighed ad nodded.

“Maybe I will.” She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

“I’m always here for you. Goodnight Myungsoo.” She said and began heading out my door.

“I know you are…. Noona.” She froze at the door and smiled brightly at me before leaving.

I lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling before decided to give it a try. I logged onto Insprit and looked to see if he was on and lord and behold he was. I in a sharp breath of air before sending him a message asking if he was okay. Then I waited and waited and waited till finally.

From: InfinityDive

To:PokerfaceL

                Hi… Sorry I haven’t been on in a long time. Things happened you know but I’m fine. I actually want to ask you something. I’m back in Korea and I want to know if you want to meet up?

Let me know:)

                                                                J~

‘I’m back in Korea’

‘Want to meet up’

“He’s back.” I whispered. My heartbeat pounding in my chest anxiety pumping through my veins.

“He’s back” 

143TOFU