Heartbeat

Chat Room Love Story

I was walking down the hallway looking for Sungjong. He never showed up to class and I grew worried. He wasn’t even answering his phone. I tried calling him again and stopped nearby an empty class room. I heard a familiar ringtone. I ended my call and the sound stopped.

 

I pushed the door open and looked in. There on the ground I found who I was looking for.

“Sungjong?” I asked hesitantly. He stiffened a bit and slowly raised his head up at me.

My heart immediately broke at the sight of him. His eyes were puffy and red with tear streaks running down. His lips were stained red from so much biting and he had a little snot running down.

“Sungjong what happened?” I cooed. I walked over to him and embraced him.

“M-Myungsoo..”  I shushed him and began petting his head. Soon more tears started pouring out.I felt him grip my shirt with his hands and pull me closer. My shirt starting to get wet.

“shhhh its ok, I’m here Jongie I’m here..” I continued to hmmm calming things to him as I his hair. Finally after sometime he stopped crying and broke away from me.

“Sorry” He sniffed.

“I got you shirt dirty.” He complained.

“Its ok, it just a shirt.”

He halfheartedly smiled at me.

“You feeling better now?” I asked returning his smile.

“Not really” He said shaking his head.

“Come on why don’t I take you home.”

“NO!” His sudden loud voice caught me off guard.

“Sorry, I mean I really don’t want to go home. I don’t want to see my brother for a while.” I nodded my head.

“Well let’s go to my place then. You can have some hot chocolate.” His eyes seemed to brighten at my words. We collected his things and began our walk to my place.

“Come on we’ll go through the back door.” I said and pulled Sungjong with me once we reached my place.

We walked up and into my living room.

“Why don’t you go up to my room I’ll make the hot chocolate.” He nodded slowly.

“There’s probably a pair of sweats in the closet you can change and jump into bed too if you’d like.”

I then watched as the feminine boys figure slowly disappeared up the stairs. Once the Hot chocolate was done I grabbed a few snacks and brought them up to my room. Sungjong laid in a crumpled ball under my covers. I placed the tray on my dresser and brought him his cup.

“Here you go.” I had to nudge him a little before he popped out from under the covers. He mumbled a quick thank you and started to sip his hot chocolate.

We sat there in a comfortable silence while we drank our drinks and snacked. When sungjong finished I grabbed everything and brought them back down stairs. When I returned Sungjong was sitting up with his back leaning on my pillows. He was staring at me.

“Why?” He asked me.

“Why what?” I asked with scrunched eyebrows.

“Why did they all lie?” I walked over to him and sat next to him.

“Who lied?”  He looked up at me with tears bubbling at his lids.

“My brother, my best friend,  my Sunggyu…” I felt pained when Sungjong said ‘my Sunggyu’

“What did they lie about?” I asked confused.

“ He cheated Myung. Sunggyu cheated on me…”

I looked wide eyed at the now sobbing Sungjong before I pulled him into my arms.

“I don’t know Jongie, I don’t know.” I sat there with Sungjong crying until he finally cried himself to sleep. I pulled the covers back and slid in next to him. I pulled him closer to my chest and held him tightly.

“I promise I won’t let them hurt you again.” I whispered into his head. Sungjong nuzzled himself closer to me and tightened his grip.

“ I promise” I promise if you were to love me I would never cheat on you or hurt you like he did.

My eye lids started to feel heavier and I found myself drifting off to sleep along with the already slumbering Sungjong.

---

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I opened my eyes and to my pleasant surprise was greeted with Myungsoo’s handsome face. I stared at him for a while in awe at his beautiful peaceful face. When the sound of my phone going off again brought my attention back. I turned around in myungsoo’s arms and reached out to my phone.

Howoniee Hyunngiee <3

 Flashed on my screen. I pouted and hit the end call button. I unlocked my phone and noticed I had 46 missed calls. A few were from Myungsoo, and the rest were from Hoya.  He also left a few voice messages and a bunch of text’s. They all mostly consisted of him asking where I was, If I was okay, That he was sorry, and for me to call him back. I sighed and tossed my back onto the side table this time putting it on silent.

“You can’t keep avoiding him.” Myungsoo’s groggy voice came from behind me. I turned back around and was now looking him in the eye.

“I know” I sighed and looked down.

“Do you think I could spend the night here?” I asked after a moment of silence.

“Of course you can.” Came myungsoo’s reply.

“Thank you Myungsoo.”

“Of course.” I smiled at his reply and tightened my grip on his waist. I placed my head on top of his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It started of slow and calm and slowly started to pick up its pace. I smiled a little flattered that I was the cause of his rapid heartbeats.  As I continued to listen to his heartbeat the pain in my heart slowly started to ease. Maybe just maybe if Myungsoo was there I could deal with the pain.

-------

143TOFU