A wounded heart

Chat Room Love Story

 

“Sunggyu……. I-I can’t Marry you.”

“Wh-what? Why? What did I do?” Sunggyu panicked. It felt as if someone had just ripped his heart out of his chest and stabbed it.

“You didn’t do anything Gyu, it’s me.” Sungjong sniffed. He wished god would send a thunder bolt to strike him. Maybe that way he wouldn’t have to break so many hearts including his own.

“What do you mean it’s you?” Sunggyu asked confused. Sungjong let hold a shaky breath before looking Sunggyu in the eyes.

“You deserve someone better than me.” Sunggyu shook his head.

“What are you talking about, I love you, you’re perfect.” Sungjong shook his head.

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are!” Sunggyu shouted and grabbed Sungjong face with both his hands. He placed his forehead to Sungjong’s and murmured I love you’s to him.

“Stop.” Sungjong whispered and placed his hand on Sunggyu’s.

“I cheated.” Sungjong whispered.

Sunggyu was frozen. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. “What?”

Sungjong squeezed his eyes shut tight as water began to spill out. “I cheated.” He said louder.

Sunggyu let go off his face and stared at him. “Why?” Sungjong shook his head. Guilt ate him up at the pained look on Sunggyu’s face.

“I don’t know.” Sungjong answered truthfully. He really didn’t know why or what made him cheat on Sunggyu but a certain mysterious boy by the name of Kim Myungsoo may have something to do with it.

“It’s okay.” Sunggyu said. Sungjong looked at him shocked. “What?” He asked flabbergasted.

“I said its okay, I forgive you. I’m sure it was my fault for not being there for you. I was constantly leaving you by yourself.” Sunggyu said.

Was that the reason? Sungjong wasn’t sure. Maybe he did cheat on Sunggyu because he was never there for him anymore. Something told him that, that was part of the reason.

“I can forget about you cheating. Just please don’t leave me.” Sunggyu suddenly pleaded. Sungjong shook his head lightly.

“I can’t Gyu. You may be able to forgive and forget but I can’t.” Sungjong looked down into his lap.

“But why?” Sunggyu begged to understand.

“Because I’m not in love with you anymore.”

And there it was. The answer they had both been waiting for since the start of this talk. Sungjong didn’t love Sunggyu anymore. No that’s wrong he did love Sunggyu. Oh yes he loved Sunggyu a lot but he just wasn’t IN LOVE with him.

“There’s someone else isn’t there.” Sunggyu asked heartbroken. Sungjong nodded his head and looked up at Sunggyu.

“I think so.” He said breathless. Sunggyu looked at him sadly. “Somehow I think I knew.”

Sungjong smiled painfully and slowly pulled off the silver band on his ring finger. He opened Sunggyu’s hand and softly placed the ring in the middle of his palm.

“I’m so sorry Sunggyu.” Sungjong whimpered as he held Sunggyu fist with both his hands.

“Don’t be.” Sunggyu said. “It’s my fault, I should have loved you more, maybe then you wouldn’t have fallen in love with another.” Sungjong chocked on his tears as he listened to Sunggyu’s words. He couldn’t believe how amazing this man was. Sungjong had not only cheated on him, He broke up with him after he asked to marry him and then he tells him he’s in love with another and STILL Sunggyu blames himself.

“Don’t” Sungjong pleaded. “It’s not your fault.”

Sunggyu smiled at the love of his life. “No, it’s okay. All I’ve ever wanted was for you to be happy. Eve if it means you’re happy with someone else.”

Sungjong threw his arms around his now ex-fiancé and began to sob. He didn’t know how long he stayed there in Sunggyu’s arms crying but when he finally calmed down the sky had already begun to turn purple as the sun set.

“You should head home.” Sunggyu said with a raspy voice. He had cried with Sungjong the entire time and his eyes were just as red and puffy as Sungjong’s.

“Sunggyu.” Sungjong called out. The elder smiled and kissed his forehead softly. “I’ll call you later.” Sungjong nodded with a pained heart and watched as the man he once loved began to walk away.

Sungjong sighed and stared up at the sky. His heart was wounded and it was wounded badly and as much as he wished it would be over he knew he still had one more thing to do.

Kim Myungsoo here I come’

-------------------------------

Couldn't troll you guys forever XP. Omo my heart breaks for my GyuGyu...

143TOFU