Ninety Nine: Run With Me

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Jinhae’s POV-

I was married. The fact was still sinking in. After the words we’ve let go to each other, Lu Han and I were finally one under the matrimony, bound by laws that could never be broken for as long as we both shall exist in Elyxo. There wasn’t such a thing as a divorce or annulment, not that I was planning to file one ever. It was so different which made matters even more meaningful. Forever bound. I like the idea the sense of permanence gave me. I’d be forever his and he as forever mine. It brought tears to my eyes as emotions beyond comprehension filled my heart with every breath I took. I just knew I was happy and I had somewhere I belonged to and that was in his arms. I’d forever be thankful to the day I’ve met Lu Han, the love of my life, my soul mate and my better half.

Through the bliss I felt, I still couldn’t forget the trials and hardships that we would both face with the other nobles and good citizens of Elyxo as we tread the road to defeating the river, but even though that was the case, I still regret nothing and I was more than happy to be able to commit myself to the person I truly adored and loved. I am glad that everyone was happy for us and that my sister actually acceded to it, although I knew that she partially disapproved to my marriage to Lu Han, telling me how I’ve ruined our plan, but then again, it was just her plan and not mine. I’ve learned to be independent from Shinhye since coming to Elyxo and I was glad she was able to acknowledge that. I still had her to thank.

I leaned against the balustrade that was adjoined to the vast room of the villa that belonged to Lu Han’s parents. We were a city away from the capital where the house was cradled by mountains all around that all I could see was green here and there. I liked the place although I haven’t dreamt of what my post wedding plans would be. This was the best and it wasn’t even about making do with what we only had, but because I just loved the forest with mist deer and kirins darting to and fro from time to time. It was a magical place and from where I stood, I could see waterfalls and the river below it that meandered endlessly into the horizon. I belonged there. I could feel it from deep within.

We couldn’t risk going too far although Lu Han originally planned to take me somewhere farther. That would have been a tiring trip to the south where there were beaches and the like. I preferred the forest though. It gave me that peaceful feeling that made me feel safe, but of course, nothing beats being with my husband. His arms were the safest place I could ever be and I would gladly go with him wherever as long as I knew he would be there.

I felt lighter having sealed off my choice among the nobles. Tao was joking about saying goodbye to my single life and besides that, he wanted to tell me something, but resorted to telling me to have the best of luck. Chen and Xiu Min had been whispering something to Lu Han, too, during the dinner and I wasn’t comfortable about it in the least bit. Lu Han had paled and blushed deeply while they exchanged high-fives and guffawed like crazy hyenas. Lay looked at me like I was about to be hung as we said goodbye to them. He then held me against him and patted my back, telling me to kill Lu Han if he hurts me. Hurt me how?

I shook the disturbing thoughts out of my head and just concentrated on the bliss. I sighed in contentment, gazing up at the moon, big and beautiful in its pedestal. It reminded me of my sister and what she was doing.

‘Shinhye?’ I called, wishing she would answer me this time.

‘Hi, sis,” she answered, much to my surprise. ‘Enjoying your married life yet?’

‘I can’t even figure out what’s changed.’

‘Sorry, Jinhae. I’m truly sorry for being bitter about your marriage. I hope I could tell Lu Han what a lucky guy he is to have you for a wife.’

I chuckled. ‘Wow. Are you planning to marry Sehun now?’

Her answer was negative, of course. She wasn’t thinking bout marrying anyone. She was still set on leaving us all behind after the prophecy was fulfilled. I could never doubt her determination to do the things that she wanted and once she’d set upon it, it’s cast on stone and there isn’t anything that would stop her. I’m afraid not even Sehun was worth second thoughts for her. He wasn’t a hindrance to her plans. He understood her and he would surely let go if that would make Shinhye happy. I knew how he loved her. I saw through him. Even Chan Yeol. He loved her that much to let her go and give way for Sehun. I admired them like I admired Lay.

‘Enjoy your honeymoon,’ she said to me and disappeared from my thoughts.

My eyes bugged out as it dawned to me what those other nobles meant, especially what Lay meant. I blinked slowly, thinking of how stupid I was to not have been able to realize that. Honeymoons entailed… I didn’t want to think about it. Oh man! Can I possibly tell Lu Han that I…couldn’t? Oh my. I shook my head. Will Shinhye do it with Sehun, too, if ever? What the hell was I thinking? I loved Lu Han, but…

My thoughts trailed off when I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me from behind. Another body leaned close to my back, exuding warmth and transferring it to me, searing deeper. I bit my lower lip when I felt Lu Han fixing my hair so my shoulder was bared. I swallowed hard, my knuckles turning white as I gripped the balustrade stiffly. Before it could escalate to something more, I turned around and smiled at Lu Han.

“Hello,” I said awkwardly.

He chuckled a bit. “Hello?”

I nodded, feeling my face heat up. I still smiled though. “Er…are you hungry?”

His brows knit together then, but then his smile returned. “Hungry?”

“Yeah,” I said breathlessly. “Want something t-to eat?”

He shook his head. “I don’t want to eat anything…” He grinned then, narrowing his eyes at me. “I definitely want something though.”

Oh man! “Yeah? I crave for a bagel.”

“Bagel?” He frowned. “What’s a bagel?”

“Food…like a kind of bread that’s really good…” I was nodding while I was telling him about it, wishing he would never see through me.

“Where are we to get a bagel at a time like this?”

I shrugged. Wrong choice of food. I shook my head slowly, looking at him from under my lashes. “Elyxo doesn’t have bagels…”

He arched a brow at me. “Uh-huh,” he said slowly, moving closer.

“Do we have anything else at the pantry?” I asked him. I wasn’t really hungry, but I felt like stalling. “Aha!” I exclaimed, thinking of something that I could find in there, but I blurted out something else. “Strawberries and chocolate.”

He arched a brow at me then. “You’re really hungry?”

I nodded, feigning impatience as I pulled him by the hand, dragging him outside the room when he stopped me. “I’ll get the food for you. What do you want? We don’t have strawberries at the moment, but if you want, I’ll prepare something for you.”

“Anything hot,” I told him.

“You want something cooked?”

I beamed at him. “Can I have it?” I asked, pouting slightly.

He sighed and nodded. “I’ll tell the cook to prepare something.”

Oh my god. This whole stalling thing was making me feel guilty. I knew exactly what was running through his mind at the moment and I didn’t want to spoil his happiness just because I was being a coward. I held his hand back. “Lu Han…”

He turned to face me and did I detect hopefulness? “Yes, love?”

I shook my head. “I don’t want to eat anymore. I change my mind,” I told him then turned away, walking over to where the couch was and sat down, watching quietly as the fire crackled on the furnace.

He sat beside me and hugged me close to his side, looking at me with concern in his beautiful eyes. “Is something the matter?”

I hesitantly looked at him, intertwining our fingers together. “Why do you always ask me that?” I asked softly.

“Because it’s my duty to see to it that you are comfortable and happy. I promised, remember?”

I couldn’t help but smile at that. “You know what?”

“Hm?”

“You didn’t have to promise that to me.”

He frowned then. “Why not? You’re my wife and as your husband, I should –”

I cut him short, leaning over to kiss his lips briefly. “I know you want the best for me, but I also want you to be happy. I don’t want matters to be centered on me. I want this to be for the both of us.”

A soft smile made its way across his face as he gazed at me tenderly, I could melt. He lifted his hand and lightly brushed the back of it against my cheek. “You don’t know how happy you’re making me by merely being there.” He took my hand then and planted a brief kiss on my knuckle. “When you said you would marry me, I thought I’d die out of happiness, but as you walked on the aisle slowly until we said our vows, I’ve realized that every single day with you will make my life as happy as it could be as I have too many things to look forward to as long as you’re with me.”

My heart just melted in a puddle on my feet as he said the words, making me emotional again. I had the softies for things like that especially when it was coming from him. “That’s really sweet, Lu Hannie.”

“I love you,” he said, his voice dripping with sincerity and conviction.

Be brave. “I love you, too…” I breathed in deeply. “…and I’m yours. All yours.” I don’t regret saying that. I was his. That was the truth and I would never ever deny that. I looked down, but his finger met my chin and he tilted my head up.

“Do you mean that?” he asked.

I nodded. “Of course.”

Without any second passing upon letting go of the words, he claimed my lips with his and kissed me like he never had before, intense and full of passion that I’ve never felt. I responded to kiss with all that I was, a tear escaping from my eye as I felt my heart being overwhelmed with the love I felt just for him. He pulled me in deeper into his love that I could feel with every cell in my body wanting for more. I couldn’t possibly listen to my sister though she screamed logic. Logic was something I’ve long forgotten since the day I came to Elyxo and witnessed its magic and something I’ve committed to oblivion since meeting Lu Han. There was no sense of reason. I just wanted to be there and do as I please without regrets and without thinking of what the future might bring.

I’d commit the heartaches of the past and the present to a void where everything is forgotten and nothing else mattered, never to resurface again as I give myself up to Lu Han and only him. The world disappears, time, space and matter, as I melt into his warm arms, committing myself to my choices that I would never take back even if I could turn back time. I loved him. That’s all that mattered.

The lamps dimmed around us when I opened my eyes, gazing straight into the bright eyes I’ve come to love looking at. I treasured every moment I had with him and that day would surely be a turning point in my life, something redefining. I would always want to be by his side, walking together through our existence…or maybe for as long as he existed with me. Even after life, I would hold these memories and welcome them back with arms wide open and a smile on my face like rain falling freely into my being.

Lu Han slid his hand under the back of my knee and lifted me off the couch, his urgent lips covering mine even as he walked towards the bed. He set me on my feet as a dazed feeling overcame me, drunk from his kisses. I held onto his arms for support, doubting that my legs could actually sustain my weight. I was woozy as if I’ve just guzzled a whole bottle of liquor or something. I bit my lower lip as I looked at him, torn between succumbing to him and my worries.

His eyes expressed nothing but exultation though as if he had achieved s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter