Changing Winds

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHINHYE

Shinhye!

I heard my sister’s voice in my head and lost all concentration. I was frightened by it, I had to admit. It sounded as if she needed help. I wondered what was going on with her. I tensed up and the next thing I know, six eggs were falling off from being suspended on midair. They all broke with a sickening splat the moment they reached the marble floor. It was followed by a train of curses from under my breath. Just when everything was getting easier for me, thoughts about her would pester my mind. I clutched onto my hair in agitation, taking deep breaths as I closed my eyes then opened it again, looking out at the afternoon horizon.

I’ve been well so far. I’ve established a bond with Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Kai despite of myself. I found the three of them really hilarious people especially Baekhyun. Though I try to hold it in and I do not understand some of his jokes, the manner in which he says them was enough to crack me up. He was jolly that way. When it comes to the other half of the Element Nobles, it was a different story altogether. Sehun was, well, being his y self. I didn’t know why, but he really enjoyed scowling at me and making snide remarks whenever he had the chance to, but he can’t seem to stop himself from talking to me, so I revel at the fact that he gets mad when I ignore him. Chan Yeol just came back from Pyria. He had been gone for almost a month and when he returned, he was as annoying as his ‘windy’ friend. It’s just awkward with Suho and we don’t talk or stay in the same room that much.

It’s fine with me. I guess I don’t care anymore. I just have to get to my sister stat, but I guess I had to go through a lot of weird stuff before I do that. Damn it, I get shocked by the slightest things for Elyxians. I can’t let it sink in to my system. Like for instance, I was training once and I encountered these really pudgy babies running around the forest dressed in flowers and leaves. Baekhyun told me to stay away from them. They were portal guards and they could be very vicious. I saw that first hand when one of them took a small rabbit and petted it. The next thing I knew it was devouring the poor creature complete with the blood around its mouth and the feral growls. So much for looking like innocent children. Not two weeks ago, I was reading at the den early in the morning, leafing through my literature book when suddenly, my left hand began bleeding out from a huge, clean gash that extended diagonally from my index finger all the way across. I wasn’t even holding any blade to have caused myself something like that. I was reading. How harmful can it be? But then, maybe in Elyxo, their paper cuts were upsized.

Baekhyun knew about my sword skills so he began chastising me the moment he saw it. I couldn’t actually conceal it after I wrapped it with gauze. I can’t leave it open and I didn’t want to get stitches for them. I wasn’t able to do my daily routine after that and Chan Yeol got mad at me for it. Now he knew what I really do when I was out for the day and he was even angrier at me for it. Oh well. I didn’t argue and just listened to what he said with one ear then let it out from the other. I guess coming back from the land of the Flame Nobles will make you a hot head.

The weirdest one yet was the thing that’s attacking while I’m asleep. I couldn’t rest easy the first time and I still haven’t gotten used to it. It was scaring the hell out of me, but I couldn’t possibly tell anyone. Maybe I’ll tell Jinhae, but then again, it was embarrassing. That kissing maniac, whatever and whoever it was, would pay for it once I catch him. I was still designing a plan to do that. Maybe I’ll kill it with my bare hands.

I concentrated once more on the fallen eggs, willing them to go back to their original form when I heard the door open.

“Shin-Shin!”

Oh crap. It was Baekhyun. He didn’t know that I was trying to hone my extra abilities and he didn’t know that I could already move boulders with my mind without getting tired. I still had to get used to reading their minds and communicating with my sister. I guess the river between us was making it hard for us. My head would hurt the whole day if I tried as much as find her voice. I willed the eggs to disappear, but before I could do that, he went in and stepped on the broken eggs, slipping in the process.

“What the – Whoa!”

I stretched my hand out to keep him from falling. I guess there was no helping it anymore. I just can’t keep secrets from him, can I? I shrugged as he levitated and moved him to clean ground and gently set him down. He was eyeing me with huge eyes when he stood up.

“You can do that?”

I rolled my eyes. “Apparently.”

“That’s cool, but what are the eggs doing on the floor?” he asked, his speech pattern becoming very human.

“I was making them float?”

He arched a brow at me. “You can move huge matters and you’re playing with eggs? Maybe you should uproot trees.”

I shook my head. “I’m pro-nature. Can’t possibly do that, can I?”

“You’ve got a point there.” He grinned. “Is this one of our secrets, too?” he asked excitedly.

I smirked. “That’s what I like about you, Bacon.”

He smiled toothily at me. “Let’s go to the badlands.”

I cocked a brow at him. “Why?”

“Let’s train you.”

Kai suddenly appeared out of nowhere. “Train her?”

Baekhyun nodded without thinking and I buried my face on my palm. “Oh…” he said when he saw me.

I flashed a half smile at Kai. “You’re in on the secret, but if you blab, you’re dead.”

“Huh? What secret?” he asked, shifting his gaze from me to Baekhyun.

I linked arms with him and Baekhyun. “Just take us to the badlands.”

“Alright.”

We were about to teleport when Suho came to the porch as well. “Shinhye?”

Whoa. That’s the first time he’s calling me by my name in a long time. I guess he was talking to me again and I wasn’t about to let go of that opportunity. I honestly missed our conversations. In a fraction of a second, I seized his arm and in that same moment, the four of us were at the canyon. Suho looked startled as he looked around, wondering where we were.

“What are we doing here?”

Kai pointed at me and Baekhyun. “He is in it, too, then?”

“No choice,” I muttered.

“What are you all talking about?” Suho asked.

“I-I’ll show you later. You were looking for me?” I felt stupid saying that. I sounded desperate. “Uhm…I’m sorry again.”

He shook his head and smiled. “Forget about that. It’s fine.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter