Eighty Eight: Acceptance

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Jinhae’s POV-

I opened my eyes and looked around me, squinting through the blinding light above me. Where was I again? I couldn’t remember, but suddenly, I heard a heavy thud nearby and soon, my vision was clouded with dust that rose up to the air. Still, it didn’t make the place less bright. I blinked slowly and saw that strange carriage again. I couldn’t remember what it was called, but I knew how terrified I was when I saw it while I was standing with my twin sister at the bus stop. I was able to regain my senses when I remembered that, jerking up to a sitting position and scraping my elbow in the process. What I saw scared me out of my wits.

I was sitting in the middle of dry land and saw nothing but rocks and sand around me while the blistering sun beat down on me mercilessly high on its pedestal in the sky. It must be noon. I looked around me, shielding my eyes from the sunlight when I saw my pink suitcase lying on the ground a few feet from where I was. I crawled towards it, expecting my body to hurt like I had shattered bones, but I was fine. I didn’t know why, but I was also expecting my ankle to be broken or something. I tried moving it and felt no pain at all. What the hell was wrong with me and why was I thinking of something like that?

I was in a strange land, I’ve figured that out. I don’t remember ever seeing barren regions in the whole of Seoul and I don’t remember ever leaving it except that a strange vehicle just pulled me and my sister in and now I’m here. What was more dreadful was that I couldn’t see her anywhere. Somehow, I felt like this had happened before, but in a different way. My brows knit together as I stood up and took my luggage with me. I walked a straight path without any sense of direction, but as soon as I saw greenery, I headed there, resting by the tree. I sat down and strangely enough, I touched my foot again, thinking that I was injured there. I frowned. What’s wrong again?

I heard hoof beats to my right and saw a fleet of unicorns passing by. Why am I seeing unicorns now? Maybe I’ll spot the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow somewhere near. Honestly, where was I? I gazed at the running animals, beautiful beasts they were. A young one was trying to catch up to the fast-moving once. I took a step towards them, smiling to myself. As strange as my visions were, I wasn’t worried. I liked where I was and it was like I was expecting someone to come for me, but I didn’t know who that person would be.

“Beautiful, aren’t they?” a voice said from behind me.

I wasn’t surprised either when I heard that voice. This definitely happened before. I looked behind me and saw a tall young man with a tuft of dark brown hair and serene features and slender built. His dimples showed as he smiled past me. I thought I saw him before, I just couldn’t figure out where. “Yes, they are.”

“We have a lot of kirins in Hailesia if only you’d come with me,” he said.

I frowned. Why was he asking me to come with him? Was he the person I’ve been waiting for? “Hailesia?” I knew I’ve heard about that somewhere. “Where is that?”

“You’ve forgotten,” he murmured, his smile dissipating and his eyes turning hazy with tears. His shoulders slumped down. He fell on his knees and I don’t know why, but it must be the most horrifying thing I have ever witnessed in my whole existence.

I walked towards him slowly then knelt beside him, patting his back. “Hey now. It’s okay. I don’t remember most things…” I grimaced. “At least I don’t think so.”

He began shaking as suppressed sobs came out of his throat. I felt like crying as well. “Jinhae…”

I blinked at him. “You know me?”

He looked up at me as if I was talking nonsense. “Of course, I do. I love you, Jinhae. Do you even know who I am?”

Oh man! I hated to upset him more, but I didn’t know what to say. “Are you my boyfriend or something?”

“What are you saying?” he asked. “We can’t be together anymore. You chose him over me!”

Okay. “I honestly don’t understand what you’re trying to get at, but who did I choose?”

“Lu Han. You chose Lu Han.”

“Lu…Han?” Who the hell is that? “Who is this person you speak of? You must be mistaken. What did I choose him for again?”

“He’s the one you love and not me.”

Oh. He’s just a delusional fellow. “I don’t remember ever doing that. I think you’re referring to someone else.”

“Jinhae, stop joking with me just to make me feel better. I know what you’re thinking.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I don’t.”

He suddenly stood up and pushed me aside harshly. I skidded on my foot and I felt like I pulled a nerve or something on my ankle.

“Ow!” I tried to stand up. “What the hell was that for?”

“You deserve to be left alone here,” he hissed then began walking away.

“Hey wait!” I called, trying to run after him, but my foot hurts too much and I couldn’t even keep my balance. “Don’t leave me.”

Still, he continued walking away, deeper in to the forest until he was out of sight. Suddenly, I felt tears falling from my eyes and I was bawling uncontrollably, agreeing with him. I deserved to be alone for hurting him like that. I didn’t want to hurt him, but I still did. I didn’t know him and I certainly didn’t have any idea as to what I did to him, but I feel so bad about it. I didn’t know what else to do so I just leaned against the tree, feeling fear surge in when I saw the strange carriage coming towards me again. I stood up and tried to run, but it was too late.

I spiraled into darkness then shortly after that, my eyes flew open. I sat up abruptly, feeling nauseous as I tried to catch my breath. I broke into cold sweat as I looked around me. I was inside my bedchamber in Orodia. It was the middle of the night and it took me a while to realize that I have been dreaming. I was dreaming of Lay and how he found me at the edge of the badlands, but different to what really happened when I first got to Elyxo, he accused me of hurting him, claiming that I chose Lu Han over him then he left me on my own without looking back.

Tears sprung from my eyes. I didn’t know what scared me more. Was it the dream or the fact that I would have to tell him soon? I felt wretched inside, but like I said, my heart beats for Lu Han and I didn’t want to set Lay’s hopes high. I’d be even crueler to do that to him. I’d bet his mother would be very disappointed in me. I just hope that opposite to my dream, he’d learn to accept it and forgive me, if not now then maybe someday.

I wiped my tears away, trying to calm down. I felt thirsty as well and I craved for sweets. Ugh! I’d bet this were early signs of depression. I got up from bed and lit the lamp on the nightstand. I then got out of the room and wandered in the darkness downstairs, looking for something to drink. I went to the pantry and got myself a glass water then planned to return to my room, lighting up the lamps on the walls and dousing them as I passed by. Due to my utter distraction, I accidentally lit up the single lamp in the open drawing room. I was about to turn it off when I noticed movement in the room. Someone was shuffling on the chair and when I went in, I saw Lay sitting there.

He looked at me, startled by the sudden brightness of the room. “Did you light the lamp?”

I nodded, unable to meet his gaze straight, settling for his broad chest instead. “What are you doing up? We’re leaving tomorrow.”

He chuckled. “You’re telling me when you’re also awake at this hour,” he said softly then I saw his hand taking me by the chin, forcing me to look up at him. He stared at me for a while and I just blinked at him.

His proximity intimidated me, but I stayed rooted on my spot. He wasn’t going to leave me after I tell him, is he? “I…”

“Yes?” He still hasn’t let go of me and instead of doing that, he began my hair, his eyes lighting up as he smiled, but I saw something else I couldn’t understand in them.

“I can’t sleep.”

He nodded. “Stay with me for a while?”

Without hesitation, I nodded. He took my hand and led me to the couch, sitting down beside me, his leg touching mine as he continued to rest his gaze on me. I felt guilt weighing down on me as he did that and I was left to wonder how I was still able to meet him straight in the eyes. I knew I wouldn’t be able to look at him that way anymore once everything was done and over with. I straightened up and faced forward, looking out into the darkness outside the huge windows.

“Is something bothering you?” he whispered, leaning close to my ear.

Before, I could answer, he began nuzzling my shoulder, going up to my neck. His warm breath lightly brushed my skin, making me shiver inwardly. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from saying something stupid, but then, he pressed his lips against my jaw line just below my ear and I gasped, my hand involuntarily pressing against his chest.

“Lay…”

“Mm?” he said, his kisses becoming more pronounced on my neck as he pulled me closer to him, seizing my waist and wrapping his arm possessively around me.

I looked at him, a fatal mistake as he leaned closer, his soft lips landing on mine, teasing mine to respond to him. Swallowing hard, I tried to restrain him and myself, but the moment his lips t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter