Elyxian?

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JINHAE

Endless forest, that was all I could see. I was surrounded by trees and I wondered how I ever got there. I don’t remember ever going there, except that a weird-looking thing ran me and my sister over as we were waiting for the bus to arrive. I could still hear her screaming as she suddenly flew backwards with such great force after she attempted to touch the glimmering blue walls of what seemed to be a carriage. It must have been really painful as she couldn’t think straight anymore after she got shocked by the lightning bolts that came out from the walls. It was a frightening experience, but I was glad it was over. I don’t see it anymore so I guess it was, but now, I couldn’t discern where I was.

 

Suddenly, I heard my name being called, getting louder every time. I followed the direction of the sound, but I couldn’t see anyone. It sounded a lot like Shinhye so I called back.

 

“Shin!” I yelled and my voice echoed through the forest. “I’m here!”

 

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a wing beat nearby. I whirled around to see where it was then I saw a huge, odd-looking bird that was flying towards me, making the leaves of the trees fall off as it approached. It made that loud sound that resembled that of an eagle’s that made my knees buckle. I couldn’t move, but when it reached the point that it wasn’t a yard away from me, I managed to run for my life. It doesn’t take a genius to know that the bird was out to kill me. It probably thinks that I was its prey.

 

I kept running and for several times, it nearly caught up to me. I was near tears, breathing laboriously as I willed my legs to go further. The shrubs on the forest floor were scratching against my bare legs and my feet felt like they were on fire. I was practically leaving a blazing trail as I’ve never tried running that fast before. I was surprised I could do it at all. Where was I and why was there a gigantic bird chasing after me? Before I realized it, I was running towards a clearing only to find out that it was actually a cliff. It was too late to stop so I feel into it. I’m going to die.

 

My eyes suddenly flew open and I realized that I was still inside the carriage. I couldn’t see Shinhye anywhere. I was alone. I wasn’t falling, or so I thought. The wall suddenly opened and I was practically tossed out of it, making me land feet-first on a hard surface. The impact of my fall caused my ankle to twist sideways and I found myself toppling to the ground because of the pain.

 

My eyes were tightly shut as I was blinded by something bright. I heard something heavy falling with a dull thud just beside me. Startled, I opened my eyes, jerking to the side. My vision adjusted to the brightness of the surroundings and I saw dust flying around me. I realized that my stuff were the ones that fell. I sighed in relief. At least it wasn’t actually a huge bird about to eat me and my luggage didn’t fall on me or I’ll be toast, but where was Shinhye?

 

I looked around me, craning my neck to see farther. I saw nothing but a vast, rocky plain, somewhat resembling the savannas of Africa. I was surprised I was able to think of that at all. Somewhere in the distance, I could see the edge of a forest, bright green against the blue sky on the horizon. It was like a scene in a movie, the right time when a tumble weed would suddenly be making its way across the dry plain.

 

Judging from the position of the sun in the sky, it must be noon. The sun was beating down on me, making me feel parched and sticky all over. Damn it, where was I? More importantly, why was I in the middle of badlands? I don’t remember Seoul ever having a wasteland and I don’t remember ever leaving it.

 

I stood up, heading for the forest where there was shade, but I fell again, this time, scraping my knees and elbows. I was overwhelmed by the jolts of pain that coursed through my leg when I tried to balance myself with my left ankle. I forgot that it got twisted. Grabbing my trolley suitcase, I heaved myself up, careful not to put pressure on my left foot. I was in some strange place with a broken ankle and scratches all over me. What can be worse than that?

 

I pulled my trolley, limping for at least twenty minutes to where the forest was. It seemed to be getting farther as I walked towards it. God, don’t’ tell me that I’m seeing a mirage! My watch was still busted and so was my phone. It’s not working and the time was still the same – six twelve. What the hell was that supposed to mean anyway? I didn’t know for sure how long I have been treading my way to the desert, not to mention how long I have been relieving myself from the small particles that were entering my eyes. I was halfway there when I decided to stop and look for stuff inside my suitcase. I found my sunglasses and my pink baseball cap so I put them on. I felt like I was being fried.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter