Ninety Two: Gone

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Suho’s POV-

I saw them marching towards the manor, black hooded figures, half a fleet of them, walking in unison towards us. I heard the one in front giving commands, shouting at his subordinates in ancient Elyxian. I didn’t recognize him. He was tall and he definitely looked like he was from a minority race in the islands far off the shore of Hydris with his skin darker than most people I’ve seen and eyes that possessed different colors. He wasn’t a half blood like Shinhye was. I was sure of it, but the aura he exuded was definitely something I wouldn’t underestimate. He held that kind of confidence and authority that no one would miss, not even powerless Elyxians who didn’t feel what I did at the moment.

I still didn’t have any answer to my questions from earlier, just before I set out to survey the areas. I felt like going out and freeing myself from the confines of the manor. I couldn’t rest easy. I had been feeling something bad since I woke up that morning. It was like a part of me was missing. I couldn’t possibly just shake it off especially when I had a dream about a burning city. I didn’t want to see Pyria or any other city at that burn. I was glad to have had such a premonition and now, my notions were confirmed. They were waging war with us.

I phased into my spirit form, hovering over them to listen to their conversation. Sure enough, they were talking about the prophesied maiden. Shinhye had been distraught lately and I didn’t want her to get acquainted to any kind of trouble, afraid of white she might do. If the dragon awakens in her again then it would take her life force. I’ve come to learn that it comes out when she’s in distress or when she’s angry, so it was also a problem that she gets rather upset whenever the flame and wind clashes. They’d better not upset her or they will meet the same kind of fate their leader did back in Lumina. If anything, they shouldn’t cross paths with her. She was dangerous to their kind.

“The maiden should be in the manor of the nobles. Where else could she be?” the person riding on the horse on their leader’s right side.

 The islander smirked. “I never doubted your notions, Ji Fu.” He turned to his side, revealing his gray, right eye and when he looked forward again, I caught a glimpse of his green left eye. It looked similar to Shinhye’s.  “They wouldn’t house her in an open field, now would they?” he said in bald sarcasm, causing his right-hand man to flush as the other men laughed. He didn’t have a habit of underestimating his opponents, I see.

I could already tell that he was a shrewd person and not someone we should take lightly. I have never taken any one of them lightly, not even the pawns though I knew for a fact that the stronger ones were just testing our abilities through them. I pitied them. They were nothing but playthings to the higher ranking purists, including this one.

Their leader threw his head back proudly. “The nobles are not in their positions for nothing. They’re not a gaggle of fools and they’re strong. One of them can wipe out a whole fleet if he wished to. That is why we are here to talk.”

I frowned. Talk about what?

“But, Aram, you know they wouldn’t give her up without a fight,” one of his other men said.

“We will see about that.” They continued their march without further ado.

I, on the other hand, sped up towards the manor, to execute instructions. I can’t possibly let this slide. I got into the manor and immediately looked for Shinhye.  Kai was the one who met me and said she was asleep. I instructed him to get Baekhyun and when we were gathered, I told them about what I saw.

“How far?” Kai asked.

“Two miles,” I answered.

Baekhyun nodded. “We won’t stand a chance.”

“They said they were here to talk.” I sighed. “What could they possibly want aside from Shinhye?”

“We’ll need all the help we can,” Baekhyun declared then looked at Kai. “Chan Yeol had his rest. You can go get him and Sehun hasn’t gone to find what he needs. You need to get them. If D.O. is still available then come get him as well.”

He nodded and he was gone after a second.

We sat in the drawing room, waiting for Kai and the purists while hoping that Shinhye would not wake up until the encounter is over.  She shouldn’t see this. I was afraid of what it might do to her.

A few minutes later, Kai arrived, bearing Sehun. He was wide eyed, but before we could relieve him of his puzzlement, Kai said, “D.O. can’t make it. He’s in the middle of his ordeal…” He disappeared again.

“What is going on?” Sehun asked, shifting his gaze from me to Baekhyun, expecting us to answer, of course. He looked both eager and worried.

“Purists are in the woods, headed here. They want Shinhye,” I answered.

His eyes widened. “Where is she?”

“She’s asleep and no one is disturbing her,” Baekhyun said sternly.

He sighed in relief. “It was a good thing I still didn’t go.”

Kai appeared just in time with Chan Yeol who looked like he hadn’t gotten any sleep. I could clearly hear the marching of the purists outside the manor grounds.

“What is that?” Chan Yeol asked, hearing it, too.

“Purists,” I answered.

He arched a brow at me. “What did you say? What are they doing here?”

“They want our princess,” Baekhyun answered.

The Flame Noble’s hand burst into flames. “No way!”

I patted him on the back. “We won’t give her to them.”

“Of course!” Sehun scoffed.

“They’re here,” Kai whispered, taking us all with him before they could reach the gates. We stood there and came face to face with Aram, the leader that led the enemies this time.

He smirked, his hair and cloak billowed in the wind as Sehun tensed in his place. I gave him a stern look. If the purists were, in truth, just going to talk to us then I don’t want anybody from our side making the first move. He swung his leg across his horse and hopped down, removing his glove on his right hand to offer me a shake.

“One’s missing,” he said to Ji Fu.

The right hand man just nodded.

“Water Noble,” he murmured with a deceitful smile. How did he know about that?

I frowned, refusing to give my hand. I just stared at his hand in indignation, covering up with a blank expression. I hated the fact that he knew who I was. He withdrew when he saw through me. I definitely didn’t want to have anything to do with him. Kai smirked back at him as he took a step back.

“How did you know me?” I asked calmly. “I don’t remember ever meeting you…er…who are you?” I said haughtily.

He bowed in mock respect. “Aram, your grace. I can sense abilities.”

“Very well. What is your business in Pyria?”

A ghost of a smile appeared around his mouth once more. “Very straightforward, too.”

Chan Yeol stepped forward. “It is a shame that your kind is in my land,” he murmured. “Get straight to the point. I do not want to be kept waiting.”

The men behind Aram tensed at Chan Yeol’s condescending tone. He raised a hand at them and they calmed down. “You know what we want or rather who.”

Kai spat on the ground just by Aram’s boot, flexing his neck then pushing his tongue against his cheek arrogantly. “Do you think you can come here, state your business and just leave without any trouble? You’re talking about the prophesied maiden, not a plaything or someone of your status. Address her properly.”

Aram just smiled. “We offer you peace if only you’d offer her to us.”

“Not gonna happen,” Baekhyun said. “Can you even hear yourself talking? You’re speaking to us, her protectors. Do you think we’ll let that happen? You are totally absurd. We aren’t giving Shinhye to you. Nah-uh.” It was funny how he picked up the way Shinhye spoke.

“Shinhye…” He chuckled. “I like the way her name rolls in my tongue.” Lust and maniacal aspiration laced his tone as well as the glint in his eyes.

Sehun stepped forward beside Chan Yeol.

“Wouldn’t you agree, Prince of Aeola?” Aram continued to taunt him.

He moved forward, preparing to lunge.

“Sehun,” I snarled and he stopped, the shock and anger not leaving him.

“Leave,” Chan Yeol growled.

Aram vaulted himself up his horse. “Your resistance will be heard by the council.”

“Yeah, your of a council!” Baekhyun said. “I wonder how you could all sleep at night with your selfish desires.”

“We will not leave you be until you cave in.”

“You’re a millennia early trying to get us to do that,” Sehun spoke finally. “Over my dead body.”

Aram smiled like a charmer. “I’d definitely like that, Sehun. I’ll see you there.”

Sehun was about to say something when screams erupted from the back of the line. One by one, the purist soldiers began dropping down the ground with blue lips and glassy eyes.

We weren’t able to figure out what happening when suddenly, the messenger of the Flame Nobles came running towards us. “Young Master Joon Myun!” he yelled.

I turned around. “Hydris was attacked…Your grandfather...” His voice trailed off.

I felt my hands clenching as I looked at Aram. I stretched my hand toward him as the other purists fled the place. “I’m going to kill you!”

I created water arrows and started shooting at him.

“Hyung!” Kai said, trying to stop me.

Tears fell from my eyes as I watched the arrows go through the purist leader. Blood began dripping off the down the sides of the horse much to my satisfaction. He finally fell and before I knew it, Kai was executing orders to the others and before I knew it, I was standing on the doorstep of the castle, seeing fallen men before me.

I ran through the doors. “Harabeoji!” I called and I heard a groan as I came up the stairs. I saw him at the balcony, limply leaning against the balustrade. The mark of the Water Nobles was fading as he slid down, blood oozing out of his mouth as that wise grin spread across his face.

“Joon Myun…” He coughed and fell down onto the floor. He used the last resort. He protected most of the grounds, but he was about to die.

I caught him in my arms, catching a glimpse of my father who was out cold on the ground. “W-why? Why did you…you didn’t!” I growled.

He chuckled which in turn became a fit of coughing. “It’s about time. I know you’ll make me proud. P-protect them…” He closed his eyes.

It tore me apart into a million pieces. I shook my head, tears falling down on my cheeks as I embraced his limp body. “No…NO! Don’t leave me!” I shook him. “Wake up…” I was beginning to be frantic. “Open your eyes. Harabeoji! Please…Don’t die!” he couldn’t hear me no matter what. I bawled when I realized I could get him back. My life flashed through my mind, remembering his words to me. “D-don’t leave me…”

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

I heard a loud scream followed by something hard slamming against my back then to my side as I seemed to have fallen on a hard surface. I jerked up and saw nothing but darkness until my eyes adjusted to the dim light of the moon. I was shaking so badly, scared beyond comprehension. I couldn’t really place a finger on what was causing it. I didn’t see anything in my dream. In fact, I was dreaming of nothing, just resting until I felt myself getting thrown against a wall or something like it and finally waking up. I was hyperventilating until I felt a cold hand against my wrist.

“Shinhye-ah?”

I blinked slowly and saw Chan Yeol sitting in front of me. I must be dreaming. “W-what are you doing here?” I asked then I saw something gleaming on his hand. It was a ring with a phoenix on it. It took me a while to realize that it was the emblem of Pyria. “You’re back?”

He nodded and smiled. “And so is Sehun?”

“What about D.O.?”

He looked rather bleak. “He’s in the middle of his…you know what I mean.”

It was my turn to pull his hand. “Is he okay?”

“I guess.”

I frowned at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“He’s in the middle of it. How can I be sure?”

I sighed in exasperation, regretting how I demanded things from him. I pulled him in for a hug. “I’m sorry. I should be asking about you. How have you been? Are you…I mean is that…” I pulled back and took his hand in mine. “Is that what I think it is?”

He nodded, running a finger over the smooth surface. “It is.”

I patted him on the head and smiled wearily. “I’m proud of you.”

He pulled me close to him again. “I know that, but…are you alright? I’m sorry I had to leave you.”

“It’s fine. I knew what you had to do, but…” I hesitated for a while, not wanting to offend him. “…what of Sehun?”

“He was about to go, but Kai came just in time to get him.”

I frowned. I have been sleeping since early afternoon and I didn’t know what was going on around me. I still felt bad about the three of them leaving my side and I just decided to sleep it off and now… “What’s going on?”

Lifting his hand, he gently touched my face, giving me a reassuring look. “You needed more guards?”

“Huh?” I had three. What more could they ask for. “What do you mean? Suho oppa, Baekhyun and Kai were here. W-what’s that supposed to mean?” I demanded, but he just looked down.

“Harabeoji…”

“Huh?”

“Suho hyung’s grandfather...”

Oh my god. No! My eyes widened in horror, anticipating what he has to say. “Chan Yeol, please don’t leave me hanging. Tell me now…”

He took my hand in his, gently running his thumb at the back of my hand. “I know you care for him deeply, but you must stay strong so that Suho hyung will have someone to gather strength from.

“N-no…what…” I felt tears stinging my eyes. “What happened? Is he sick?” I stood up, pushing the covers onto the bed while I quickly dressed up, shedding my dress in front of him. I couldn’t care less if he could see everything. I grabbed my shirt and my jeans then put them on, running around to find my cowhide boots. “We should be with harabeoji right now then. Where’s Kai?” I set out for the door, not waiting for his answer anymore.

I guess I knew what was happening. I just couldn’t find it in me to accept it, say it out loud or hear it from anyone. I couldn’t. I could feel stinging the back of my eyes as I walked towards the hallway. I jogged an eventually ran until I’ve reached the stairs and just fell on my knees there. I felt someone wrap his arms around me. I still wasn’t crying. I just looked at the person who was with me. It was Sehun and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter