Fifty Nine: The Fiery Doom

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Hello~! I'm sorry...I needed sleep. Lots of it. So I wasn't able to write. Anyway, things are going to be pretty fast-paced now that my finals in the university is approaching and yes, I'm not going to study just to update this...ahaha... Enjoy reading~ ^^

 

"Wise men do not court danger..."

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

I was happy to know that my sister arrived in Aria safely although I was disturbed by the recent thoughts that had been playing through her mind over and over again. ‘Brace yourself.’ Those were the words of the Healing Noble to her. I knew what he saw, but do I detect bitterness? If I were my sister, I would tell him straight to his face that everyone, including the other four nobles that didn’t have any kind of romantic attraction to my sister, had rights to her as said by the prophecy. If that’s the case then it’s too bad for him, but he’d just have to wait. It’s not like I’m already taking my pick for her. I won’t do that and it’s none of my business. I feel sorry for the three of them.

On the other hand, things had gotten quite intense in Korinthia after more purists came our way and the nobles have decided on the visits. Now I felt the same kind of loathing Kai did for the Oracle Minister. He couldn’t have been later in telling them that they had to search for hidden power sources in the form of heirlooms. What the hell? I just wanted to march up to him and tell him what a big idiot he was. I’d bet the minister at the other side had already told the nobles about it, thus the early onset of their travels, but why didn’t he tell us? Aish!

Lately, matters had been going out of hand as well. Too many teasing and annoyance surrounded every single day. I don’t know how, since Sehun vowed to me that he never told anyone about the matter with Chan Yeol, but somehow, it reached Kai and then it was like a line of dominoes tipped over. D.O. was really rubbing it in hard. He’d make really annoying comments whenever we eat together or he’ll just spew thoughts through his head. Kai was ten times more maddening. Several times, I had to fight the urge to beat the living crap out of him. His mouth just doesn’t stop without regard whether Chan Yeol was there or not and his thoughts were just as restless as that of Do Kyungsoo’s. Sometimes, it was really hard to think that they were nobles. They were too childish for words.

Baekhyun, my ever loyal friend, or so I thought, won’t stop interrogating me about it and Suho oppa may not be telling me things, but taking quick sweeps through his thoughts made me think otherwise. Sehun was careful with his thoughts around me. It was nice to challenge him sometimes. It was like brain exercise since he’d always be breaking at the seams. He’s really annoying, too, since he’d have that tendency to annoy me the way Kai and D.O. were except that his thoughts do not dwell on that matter. It was even more disturbing. I shiver at the thought of it every now and then. His head was a dark void and it troubles me that I couldn’t see though it.

Then there’s the overly-attentive Park Chan Yeol who had been following me and Baekhyun wherever we went which makes Baekhyun leave, telling us to talk. Talk about what? As far as I was concerned, there was nothing to talk about. Falling in love isn’t something that the people involved discuss in a tête-à-tête manner. I was more than determined to go with the flow. If it’s him then so be it, but like I told Jinhae, I can’t promise to stay. I want to be a lawyer for heaven’s sake, not an ancient world’s warrior although the prospect of it was really appealing and exciting. There was also the thought of being the lady of a respected household. Aish! Too archaic. Maybe I can tell them that soon just so they wouldn’t expect anything from me. I’d rather have them ready than make things blow themselves in front of their faces in the end. I may be cold, but I wasn’t a cruel person, at least not to them.

I shook my head as I zipped my bag, finally slinging my camera around my neck. I was all set for the first place we were to visit – Lumina. I found myself smiling at the thoughts of getting there. It was the land of the Light Nobles, Baekhyun’s home. Maybe more adventure would come our way, but on top of that, maybe I’d come to know my BFF more along with his family, I can’t wait to see the smile on his face once he gets home. He often tells me that he misses coming home.

Like Jinhae, ambushes were waiting for us in the first place the purists think we would be visiting – Hydris. They’d have to go through a hunt, divert their paths and search for us. They’d come sooner or later, but at least we’d have the element of surprise. Those dumb people wouldn’t know what hit them. Since that was the case and we cannot head straight to Suho oppa’s home, I immediately suggested going to Lumina. Chan Yeol looked a bit miffed about that, but I wasn’t about to be affected by childish sulking. I cared about him, too, but Baekhyun misses his home. No one could understand that better than I do and I can’t wait to meet his mother, too, oh and he has siblings. Maybe they’re just as bubbly as he was.

“Ready?” that familiar deep voice said from behind me.

I straightened up and saw Chan Yeol standing by the door, leaning against the post. If he just wore some jeans and a plain white tee then he’d look like a damned hot model with that pose. I gave myself a mental slap, gripping my camera as I raised it. Calm your nerves, idiot!

“Not quite,” I told him. “Stay put.”

He eyed me seriously then I immediately pressed the button and took a shot of him. I lowered it and looked at the result. Breathtaking. Nice. I might have taken the best pictures while I was in Elyxo. There just weren’t any good subjects that I wouldn’t consider as cliché in the human world. In Elyxo, I had too many subjects, even the purist camps were a beautiful sight. I smiled to myself. Even the way they burned. I must be disturbed.

“What are you doing?” he asked me.

“I took your photo.” I smiled. “Now, I’m ready.” I took my bag, put on my aviators and walked past him when I felt his hand on my wrist, taking it lightly as he pulled me back. “What is it, Chan Yeol?” I asked. I felt tense whenever I was with him, but then, I never really considered it as something odd since I felt that way whenever I was with Sehun, too, and sometimes with Suho oppa.

Chan Yeol stared deep into my eyes as if he could see through me as he broke into a gentle smile that robbed me of breath. Aish! He’s got to stop doing that or I’ll just…I sighed. He tucked a stray lock of hair behind my hair and his eyes strayed somewhere else. I didn’t want to know where it led him so I just stared down, but he lifted my chin.

“Chan Yeol, I –”

He cut me short. “Behave yourself.”

I arched a brow at him, miffed. “What am I, some problem child?”

He sighed and his warm breath fanned my face. Oh yeah. He smelled great, too. Mint soap and freshly mowed grass and sunshine. I’m really disturbed. He eyed me meaningfully. “You can’t do what you do here while you're in Lumina. Trouble is the last thing we need. For all we know, there could be purists out there already.”

“So you really think I’m a problem child.”

“Yes.”

“Wow. That’s really nice, you know.” I pouted.

“Just promise me you’ll be safe.”

“Whatever, Chan Yeol.” Fine.

He eyed me sternly this time. “Baekhyun hyung wouldn’t be able to protect you well while you’re there so just –”

“I know.” Baekhyun had to travel to get what he needed. Aish! I can’t go with him so there would be Kai and Sehun to guard me while I wait for his arrival. What the hell? Suho oppa, D.O. and Chan Yeol would stay behind for a while to see to it that matters were safe, whatever that meant, so I wouldn’t be able to see them for a week or so.

“I just want you to be careful and don’t go wandering around. You don’t know Lumina like the capital. As much as possible, just stay by Baekhyun hyung’s side or Kai or Sehun.”

I chuckled. I knew that, too. I tiptoed and hugged him briefly tapping his back. “I’m going to miss you, too, Chan Yeol.” I pulled back. “I’ll see you in a week’s time…in one piece. Arasseo?”

He nodded.

I started off and d something from my pocket. It’s my favorite Sephiroth phone charm. I turned back and pulled his hand in mine. “Here. You can have this.”

He looked at it then smiled. “Who is this?”

“That’s Sephiroth, my favorite animated character. I’m giving him to you for safe-keeping.”

“I’ll take care of it.”

I smiled then headed off the stairs and I was met by Suho oppa. “Have fun.”

“I will.”

He eyed Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai. “You know what to do.” What's that supposed to mean?

They nodded and I skipped towards D.O. who smirked at me. “I’ll miss you,” he said.

“Yeah, me, too, as long as when we meet in a week’s time, your head is cleared.” I glanced at Kai meaningfully. He merely rolled his eyes at me. “I’m ready.”

Baekhyun beamed at me.

I took his hand in mine. “You’re going to be home soon,” I whispered and he smiled.

“We’re off,” said Kai seriously then with a slight nod, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back and saw Sehun who looked equally serious.

“I’ll see you guys!” I said with a slight wave at the other three who would be left behind and just like that, we were gone from the manor and we were standing in a rather dry clearing. I looked around and saw similar trees.

Sehun tensed and Baekhyun’s smile was gone. Kai looked confused while I didn’t have a clue as to why they were being like that.

“Uh…what’s with the tense atmosphere?” I asked.

I remained ignored as Baekhyun took the extra bag I was holding from my hand, eyeing Kai. “I thought we were supposed to appear by the grounds.”

Kai placed a hand at the back of his head, looking puzzled. “I was meaning to.”

I chuckled nervously. “Isn’t this a part of it?” My hand involuntarily moved to the backside of my jeans where I was keeping a switchblade. This couldn’t be good.

Sehun heeded my words. “It is.”

“Then what’s the problem?”

He looked up at the sky with an ominous stare. “The Lumerian estate is vast.”

“Huh?”

“We’re in the middle of the southern woodlands,” Baekhyun said.

Southern? That only meant that the manor was somewhere in the middle up north. I looked around, searching for thoughts when I felt a hand on my wrist. Sehun was restraining me and he shook his head absently. “I’m not going anywhere. Just looking for thoughts.”

He didn’t let up on the serious expression and continued to look around, his eyes a shade darker than usual as the wind started to blow past our feet, rising up.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

“Be still,” was his clipped and quiet reply.

“Okay!” I hissed tersely, shaking my head. I looked at Baekhyun. “Can’t we just go walk to your house? Or teleport again?”

“The manor is a mile’s hike from here.”

My jaw dropped. Exactly how rich was this Byun Baekhyun? A mile’s hike? What was his family anyway? I had the feeling that the territory they owned surpassed more than half of what I’ve conjured in my imagination. “Teleport?” I asked.

Kai shook his head. “Something is altering the destinations I have in mind. If I teleport again then –”

I raised a hand. I’ve heard enough and I heard someone else’s thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter