Fifty Eight: Inability to Heal

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: And so, the Clei returns from Cannes and is now back to give you an update..Hello~! ^^ I can't write that mu7ch since I think I caught a bug while I was there...anyway, I'll write as often a I could just to update as much as I can... ^^ Enjoy reading~ :)

 

 

-Jinhae’s POV-

Eottoekae! Omona! What am I going to do?

I paced around the salon, clutching my hair against my scalp on both sides of my head, thinking about what happened earlier. I still feel my face heating up whenever I think about it. I swallowed hard for the umpteenth time since imaginary lumps kept forming and lodging themselves in my throat. I was hyperventilating, too, and then I would go to the extent of convincing myself that I was imagining things and that nothing had happened, but every time, my lips would feel the same tingling sensation, in other words, it tells me that it was as real as it could get and I ran away from him. That was just stupid!

I don’t have a clue how I would put things from now on. I was just trying to apologize to Lu Han for being such a brat when I didn’t recognize him and then he… “Naw~!” I whined, not wanting to think about it. It made me feel funny and my heart wouldn’t stop skipping beats. I’d be dead by the next morning at this rate and to think that we were already heading to Aria. It was supposed to be a way for everyone to turn to a new leaf after Tao and I got into trouble, but I couldn’t get over it. There were just too many things bugging me.

I needed someone to talk to. ‘Yah! Ahn Shinhye!’

It took her a while to answer and her disposition was quite different. ‘Damn it, Jinhae! Don’t ever do that again?’

I whined. ‘I need your help.’

She was startled. ‘What? What? Are you in danger?’

‘No…but…’

‘Aish! Jin-ah, it’s seven in the morning here. What could you possibly want help with? You’re supposed to be eating dinner, not bugging a sleeping person.’

‘Mianhe, Shin-Shin, but I’m so confused right now.’

She rolled her eyes. ‘Tell me about it. Ugh! I’m just as confused as you – wait. What was that I just saw?’ She gasped.

‘What did you see?’

‘The Telepathy Noble…you…uh…’

“WHAT?! Tell me what you saw.” I’m near tears now.

‘You kissed.’ It was followed by laughter. ‘So he finally had the courage to confess to you, huh?’ She tutted. ‘Now that’s difficult. You’d have to choose between him and Zhang Yi Xing.’

“Don’t laugh! It’s not funny.”

‘But it is.’ She was thoughtful for some time and she stopped laughing when suddenly, she screamed her thoughts out. ‘YAH! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST DAYS?! And don’t lie about it.’

‘I got into trouble.’

‘What?! What kind of trouble? Why didn’t you tell me?’

I sighed. “Shinhye-ah, I met our mother.”

She didn’t respond to it for a while. ‘Really?’

‘Yes. I got my wish.’

‘How?’

‘Like you said, I talked Tao into it and I found her. I also found our halmeoni. It was so sad since umma actually eloped with appa because halmeoni didn’t approve to their relationship. You got some of halmeoni’s features like her dimples.’ I laughed, forgetting about my problem at the moment. ‘I actually saw how you would look like when you get old,’ I gushed out. She was quiet, but I finally got to tell her. That was relieving. ‘Oh, Shinhye, she was wonderful. She thought I was an oracle who foresaw the future and she was glowing and very happy that she was about to give birth to twins. I told her that and she lived in this small cottage. She even gave us berry tarts. They were so good. Oh you should have seen her. They called her the Rose Lady because she was really beautiful and she looked exactly just like –’

‘Like us. I know,’ she cut me short, the apathy in her voice was evident. ‘And if she only listened to her mother then none of this would be happening. You won’t get into trouble and we wouldn’t be here battling purists and the damned Guardians themselves. I definitely agree with her mother…halmeoni.’

I frowned. ‘H-how did you –’

‘I met her, too.’

‘How? You’re in Korinthia.’

‘It was a dream, Jin, but it was a premonition as well. It was as real as it could get.’

‘How exactly did you see her?’

Hatred coursed through her, I could feel it. ‘She was giving birth to us and after that, she called us abominations…that we didn’t belong with her.’ She inhaled. ‘I don’t want to talk about it. Now tell me how you got into trouble.’

I didn’t want to believe her, but I let it go. ‘We travelled back to that time and Tao and I got trapped.’

‘Aigoo, Jinhae. I shouldn’t have told you that. Why didn’t you tell me about it?’ she asked me, letting up on the barb.

‘I lost my memory temporarily.’

‘I see. Be careful.’

‘I will.’ I sighed and thought about things. ‘Shinhye-ah?’

‘Yeah?’

‘Aren’t the nobles showing any…uh…yeah…you know. Like Lu Han and Lay.’

She chuckled humorlessly. ‘One is. It’s funny.’

‘Which one of them? Baekhyunnie?’

She laughed. ‘You have a nickname for him? Not, it’s not him. It’s the Flame Noble.’

‘Waah! Park Chan Yeol~! He’s dreamy, sis, and so is the Earth Noble.’ I giggled.

‘Sheesh! They’re all abnormally good-looking. Sometimes, it’s hard not to stare at them, but…’ She sighed. ‘I don’t get it why I have to choose one of them.’

‘You don’t have to. Chan Yeol likes you so…’ I shrugged the thought off when I noticed how quiet she was being. ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’

‘Not worth it, sis. Besides, I’ve found out something.’

‘Yeah?’

‘We can still go back to the human world.’ She was excited about it.

‘R-really?’

‘Yes, but I have to find the means to open the portal. We can surely go back and be safe after everything is over. Isn’t it great?’

I just nodded. ‘That would be great, but…’

‘But what?’

I wanted to ask her why she was still planning to go back, but I changed my mind. ‘Don’t you love your friends there? I mean, wouldn’t you miss them?’

She chuckled. ‘Of course I will. They’ve been very good to me and I actually found my first best friend ever here apart from you. They’ve all been very good to me, too, and we’ve had a lot of fun so I would definitely miss them. They’re really funny people, you know and…’ She laughed slightly and I could almost see her smiling. ‘Yes, Jinhae. I love them all. I just…don’t know how to show or tell them. You know me. I’m not capable of what you do.’

‘What if you fall in love?’

‘I would have to choose one of them sooner or later, but I cannot promise to stay.’

‘I see.’

‘Are you in love with someone?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘We’ll see, Jinhae. Take care. Someone’s coming. I have to get out of bed.’

‘I’ll talk to you soon. We’re going to Aria tomorrow.’

‘Be careful,’ she said then disappeared.

I sighed. I didn’t even get to tell her what I wanted to. I was such a coward. I continued pacing like the pathetic person I was when suddenly, the door burst open and I heard laughter I looked at the people and saw Chen and Lu Han entering the room.

“Oh, hello, Jinhae~!” Chen greeted me.

“H-hello,” I returned awkwardly.

On the other hand, Lu Han just looked at me. We stared at each other and simultaneously, our faces heated up and we also looked away from each other at the same time. Just like what I did earlier, I motioned to walk out of the room.

“I-is that the dinner bell, I hear?” There was no such thing. I laughed nervously. “See you later!” I yelled and ran out of the room. Stupid girl!

 

-Chen’s POV-

I blinked slowly, confused, then looked at Lu Han right after Jinhae practically ran out of the room like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter