Fifty Four: No One's

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Okay...I updated for everyone's benefit...Before I go on the firing trip my dad planned with me and my brother, I will update...Because I love my readers and yes...thanks to the 87 subscribers!!! Ich liebie dich~!

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

I’ve finally found her. After skipping lunch and not showing up for another minute after that, I’ve decided to go looking for her. I wasn’t expecting it, but then, it had been easier than I’ve thought. The prospect of Shinhye trying to escape the deal was scratched off my list after I found her at the side of the hill at behind the manor, sitting on the grass as she stared faraway. Upon closer look, she was holding that rainbow-colored bag filled with treats. I wondered how she could stand the substance. It was beyond what the tongue and mouth could take.

“So this is where you’ve run to,” I spoke without preamble.

She was neither startled nor was did she show any hint of interest when she saw me standing behind her. “I knew you’d say that,” she told me in muffled tones as she chewed on her food.

She could read minds. I’ve forgotten about that little detail. She must’ve sensed my approach.

“And were you running?” I queried as I sunk down beside her. “Honestly?”

She just stared at the horizon as she unwrapped a yellow ball and popped it in . “I’m not.”

“That’s good to hear.”

She forced her jaw to chew on the big mass inside as she grinned at me. Her lips which were usually rosy pink were now a shade of dark purple as if blood had drained out of her system.

“Why are you out here?”

“I didn’t know this was a restricted area,” she said instead o answering my question.

It was really difficult to talk to her. I could only imagine the dose of sarcasm Baekhyun hyung gets from her. I’ve never imagined the prophesied maiden to be this stubborn and hard to handle. I glanced at her. She was and will always be the same woman I’ve been dreaming of since I was a child, except that she only smiled at me in my dreams and never spoke. How had that woman turned from that to her? It was a puzzle and a dilemma I’d forever solve unless she would give me a hint.

I sighed. “I didn’t say anything like that, did I?”

“Were you implying it?”

“Definitely not!”

She looked at me and shoved another gum into . This time, it was a sickly green one. “Cool it, hot shot. I was just asking.” She chuckled. “Do I really tip your temper off?”

“At times,” I admitted.

“This is one of the times I’m doing it, no?”

I snatched the bag of treats away from her. “Will you stop chewing on that? It’s really distracting.”

She chuckled. “I distract you now?”

“I do not find anything funny about it,” I snapped at her.

“I do.”

“Enlighten me,” I told her caustically.

To my surprise, she reached over and cupped my face with both of her hands, ceasing on her jaw exercise momentarily. She drew nearer and stared me straight in the eyes. Taken aback by our proximity, I swallowed.

“What are you doing?” I murmured.

She removed her right hand from the side of my head and lightly glided her finger on my forehead just by the space between my brows. She still wore that unfathomable look about her face as she drew nearer. I haven’t gotten a good look at her since falling on top of her in that incident at the hallway. She was breathtaking as usual. Yes, even with full.

I could make out the faint smell of strawberries and lemons as I breathed in, a delicious fragrance enhanced by something floral and minty. Her lips parted. “Quit frowning, will you?” she murmured and just like that, she was out of my reach. She motioned to her own forehead. “You’ll get wrinkles.”

I snorted. “Wrinkles? I’m too young to get them.”

She smirked. “Not if you always frown.”

“I don’t frown. I just get pensive at times.”

“Ooh, defensive,” she teased and poked me on the side.

I jerked away. What on earth was going on with this girl? She was just too quiet in the morning and now she’s being playful. “I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“And what about you? You have a habit of doing it, too.”

She shook her head. “No. I’m just being pensive.” She mimicked the way I said it then burst out laughing.

“No, you’re not. You’re always angry.”

“That makes one of us then.” She winked at me and continued chewing.

“What are you saying?”

She laughed slightly. “Maybe we’re meant to be,” she said seriously.

I was puzzled. We were meant to be? She was just as meant to be with the others as she was with me. I honestly didn’t know the difference except that I’ve seen her before while none of them did. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You like to frown. You think I like doing it, too. Common ground, see?”

“It doesn’t make sense.”

“Oh it does. You’re one of the nobles right?”

“So?”

She just laughed. “I’m spouting nonsense.”

“Not really,” I acceded to hr former statements.

“So you know what I mean.”

“The prophecy particularly said one noble from either side of the river. Not six or twelve.”

She sank down and lay flat on the grass. “There’s that, too. Ugh!”

“Have you chosen?” I asked her.

Her eyes strayed to me. “No.”

“You’ve been here for three months and you haven’t made up your mind?”

She scoffed. “I could have lived here my whole life and I would have never made my choice anyway.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “What’s stopping you?”

She pouted. “I don’t feel anything of that nature towards anyone.”

“Not yet,” I corrected her.

“It could also be that I would never,” she added smartly and sat up again, trying to grab the colorful bag from me.

I held it away. “It’s too early to tell. Sooner or later, you would have to admit that you like one of us.”

She frowned at me and sat back down. “Really?”

I chuckled. “That’s what the prophecy says.”

“So it’s mandatory?”

“Not necessarily, but it would happen.”

She arched a brow at me. “You seem so sure about it. Tell me, Sehun. What are you all going to do if I do not fall in love with any one of you before the twelfth eclipse?”

“You would have to.”

“So it’s another order?”

She’s really frustrating. “No. It’s not like that. Are you numb or something? Don’t you feel anything when you’re alone with someone among us?”

“Feel what?”

This was harder than I thought. “I don’t know how to explain it to you and stop chewing.”

“No.”

“It’s an order.”

She rolled her eyes at me, but got rid of her gum anyway. “Now you’re talking.” She snickered. “So what should I feel? Should my heart race, too, just like yours did while I was touching your face?”

“H-how –”

“Psyched you, didn’t I?” She eyed me mockingly.

I didn’t know what she meant by what she said, but I felt it somehow. “You were teasing me!”

Her smile turned sincere. “I’m sorry. I don’t really mean to. It’s just my tendency, I guess. So…what are you going to do if I don’t choose anyone?”

I turned bleak, remembering the time I’ve eavesdropped on her conversation with the Oracle Minister. “It’s not really a problem, is it?”

“You’re being cryptic. I don’t know what you mean.”

“You’ve already chosen. You don’t want me to tell you your choice, do you?”

“Really?” She laughed. “I’m guessing you think it’s Baekhyun.”

I shook my head. “It’s not him.”

“Yeah? Then who is my choice?”

“Park Chan Yeol,” I answered flatly.

She stopped talking and became flushed. Her cheeks turned crimson up to her ears. She tensed and her wide eyes were fixed on me while her face contorted into a shocked mask.

“Ch-chan Yeol?” she spluttered.

I smiled to myself. I finally caught her.

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

I was panicking. Damn it, why did he have to bring up that topic? I was already freaking out after that Chan Yeol kissed me while we were at the forest. He practically confessed to me and I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t even know how to react. The whole time he carried me back to the manor later in the afternoon of that day, I was literally stoned. I couldn’t even look at him straight in the eyes anymore and now this Wind Noble was ordering me around, which was fine, but how dare he bring this up at this time?

I didn’t have any idea how he got the notion that my choice from the start was Chan Yeol, but he was so damned close to it. I told the minister about it, but he told me that all of them deserved my love, not that I hated anyone among the six. I was toast the moment he told me I had to choose one of them and now this? Take me now! I tried to calm my breathing. I didn’t need to look in the mirror to tell that I was blushing. I don’t usually do that. I pale at the most shocking things that happen to me. I rarely blush. No, erase that. I never blush and Sehun is making me do it by ambushing me with remarks and questions.

My reaction was set on his target. He wanted me to react that way. For some reason, I think he was trying to catch me off guard.

“Ch-chan Yeol?” I repeated, thinking of ways to lie my way out of his queries.

“Yes. You’re choosing him, right?”

I wanted to just reel off. “M-me?” I laughed hysterically. “You think I’m going to choose him?” You’re doing well, Shinhye.

“Well, aren’t you?”

“Why do you think that?” I decided to again. “I might choose you for all you know.”

It was his turn to be flustered. “What?”

“I could choose anyone I want, right? Why did you jump to the conclusion that it would be him? Sure, he’s good-looking and all, but it doesn’t work that way.”

“He saved your life.” He eyed me seriously. “Don’t you think he deserves it?”

I felt myself stiffen. Those were my exact words to the Oracle Minister m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter