Obstinacy

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAN YEOL

 “I’m not doing this,” Shinhye said then entered the bath, slamming the door shut.

 

She might have walked away, but as far as I was concerned, our conversation was far from over. If I had to pin her down just so she would listen, I would do just that. She was too stubborn for words and I don’t know why I can’t keep a single calm conversation with her without turning it into a yelling battle afterwards. Baekhyun, Kai and Suho  could easily talk and jest around with her, but I couldn’t do that. Kyungsoo seemed to be nervous whenever he speaks to her while Sehun was just plain harsh. I wonder what made us different, especially me. She should connect to me the most since I saved her life, but that just wasn’t the case.

 

It took her a while to come out, but I didn’t care. I waited for her, sitting on the divan at the foot of the bed, preparing my words for her. She opened the door and eyed me with such disdain when she saw me still in the room. I watched as she walked barefoot, already wearing her day clothes while running her hand agitatedly into her damp hair. She stopped walking by the chair, holding onto the backrest then looked at me again.

 

“It seems to me that Elyxians are far more patient than humans,” she said, wearing an amused mask on her face.

 

I matched the look on her face and stood up. “Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, my lady. That seems to be the case.”

 

“I noticed.”

 

I exhaled out loud and eyed her severely. “Look, Shinhye, you have to listen. This is a serious matter.”

 

She sat down and took her strange-looking shoes from under the table and began putting it on. “Yeah? What is?”

 

“Your life is on the line, that’s what. First, you went gambling with those ruffians and then the lake took you, the life out of you. Do you even know how you looked like when we found you?”

 

Shinhye finished trying her shoes before she finally straightened up, looking thoughtful. “Come to think of it, I don’t since I was unconscious, but hey, thanks for saving me…again. I definitely owe my life to you guys this time and I mean that. I’m in so much trouble, that I know, but you don’t have to be watching my back all the time. What makes me so special anyway?” She stood up and out a weird contrivance from the drawer. It was pink and it looked like a weapon.

 

“What’s that?” I asked her. Once again, I was sidetracked.

 

“A hair dryer,” she answered as if tired of repeating herself over and over again. “Do you know where I can plug this in?” She paused. “Oh yeah. No electricity.” She dropped the thing back into the drawer and shoved it close quite harshly. She took her hairbrush then walked past me. 

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” I demanded.

 

“If you don’t mind, I will go find Sehun now. He might help dry my hair.”

 

I arched a brow at her. “We’re not done talking.”

 

She walked back and stood right in front of me. “Oh we are. If I didn’t make myself clear enough, I’m not doing this.” She shook her head. “Uh-uh. I’m not arguing with you any further.”

 

“I’m not asking you to. You just need to listen.”

 

“Do you know how hard it is to do that when your head is pounding like hell?”

 

I frowned at her. “Stop mentioning the underworld.”

 

“Fine, but I’m not doing this, Chan Yeol..” She motioned to walk away again, but I stopped her progress, grabbing her by the wrist. I pulled her abruptly, too abrupt, I was afraid, that she ended up bumping against me.

 

“You’re not going anywhere until you listen.”

 

She tried to push me away, but I wasn’t taking that. Instead, I held her hand behind her, securing it by her waist while I held onto her other hand. To be honest, our proximity was making me tense. I could definitely smell the sweet scent of her hair, filling my senses.

 

“Dude! What the –”

 

“Say that one more time and you’ll regret it.”

 

“Damn it, Chan Yeol, let me go!”

 

“Listen first.”

 

“What the hell do you think am I doing, smart-pants?”

 

I shrugged. “Again with the smart-talking?”

 

“I told you –”

 

Before she could say what she wanted to, I whirled us both around towards the bed and pushed her down while I hovered over her, resting my knee on the side of her left leg while I held both of her hands against the mattress. Her eyes widened while she gaped at me in disbelief.

 

I grinned at her. “What was that you were saying?”

 

“Get off me!” she screamed, managing to free one of her hands. She pushed me with it and flailed around like some caged animal. I’ve got to admit that she was stronger than she let on, but I grabbed her hand just in time. She was actually aiming to box me on the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter