Friends

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEHUN

 

I found myself standing in front of Shinhye’s bedchamber door, willing myself to take yet another step towards it before finally raising my hand to knock. I hesitated, but then, I knew that sooner or later, the thoughts that had been bothering me since witnessing how she swallowed the pearl would resurface. I was so confused. I lifted my hand once more when I heard laughter from the other side of the door. It stopped my progress. If I wasn’t mistaken, it was Baekhyun laughing.

 

“Phantom? At night?”  asked her.

 

“Yes,” she answered.

 

“And you are asking for a spell or a talisman to repel it?”

 

“YES!” she growled at him, seemingly sick of repeating herself.

 

He burst out laughing. “You’re funny.”

 

“I’m not trying to be. I swear. I could feel something else lurking in here while I’m asleep,” she retorted.

 

“That’s probably us, watching over you last night,” he assured her.

 

“Geez! No! It’s not just last night but every single one since you found me at the lake.” She paused. “You don’t think Guardians are coming after me at this very room, do you?” she asked him in an ominous, panic-stricken tone.

 

“Do you have fever – Ouch! What was that for?”

 

“I’m not sick.” There was movement in the room.

 

“Maybe not, but do proceed with your ablution. I will see you later this afternoon. Do you want anything from the village?”

 

I heard Shinhye’s all too familiar scoff. “Why don’t you just wait for me and take me there yourself? I’d only take a while.”

 

“No, Shin-Shin, I can’t and I shan’t.”

 

“Why the hell not?” she stormed at Baekhyun. I shook my head, chuckling to myself. She’s as stubborn as a horse.

 

“You’re ill. I’ll get you sweetmeats.” That was a lie. Earlier, we’ve received news from one of the Pyrian spies that the Korinth Purists were on the move and were currently in the capital. Word had spread out that the maiden existed since they’ve spotted a half-blood roaming the streets with the Flame Noble not long ago. Surely, they would be making their move now and they knew that they had to take her from us by force as no one would possibly allow such a thing to happen among the loyal Elyxians. We’re one of them, of course and if they get to her then there wasn’t hope anymore. We couldn’t take risks knowing that they already have an idea where to find her. It was very frustrating since we’ve just encountered an accident the previous day and yet there were the purists, determined to get her in their filthy hands to prevent the prophecy from happening.  Baekhyun will set out with rest to find out more while I volunteered to look after her.

 

“Sweetmeats? No, thanks. I don’t want cavities. I’ll persuade someone else to go take me to the village,” she huffed then I heard the sound of another door closing.

 

“I’m off,”  he called then I heard his footsteps as he made his way out of the room.

 

I quickly ran to the nearest pillar where I could hide. I needed to keep this talk with Shinhye as private as it could get. Until she was ready to tell them what really happened, it would remain a secret between her and me…and Suho. It was to my advantage that the others were all going to the village or I wouldn’t get any chance alone with her. I just needed to talk to her and clear things or I would explode.

 

A blinding light flooded the whole hallway the moment he stepped out of the room as he transformed into his spirit form. It’s been a while since I last saw him do that. It’s quite overwhelming how everything brightens up one instant and then everything dims down the way it should. He might be a pacifist, but he held incredible power in him. He was gone just as quickly as he appeared.

 

I waited for a few moments before entering Shinhye’s room. When I heard the door to the adjoined bath open, I knocked on her door. I heard her footstep as she approached the door and soon, it swung open. I just stared at her for a while, not knowing what to say, taking in her image before me. I didn’t know what sort of clothes she was wearing again, but she looked like she was ready to set out to the forest.

 

“Oh,” she began then smiled briefly, but we remained in awkward silence until she decided to break it. “Uh…can I help you with anything?”

 

She was still as stiff towards me as she was the first time we’ve met. She was still getting used to the idea that I wasn’t her enemy anymore and so was I. Now, we owed our lives to each other. “You look well,” I commented. “How are you feeling?”

 

She beamed at me, a rare treat. “Yes. I feel great, thank you. What about you? There weren’t any…uh…lasting conditions after that thing…you know.” Her smile faded once more as confusion set in. “What do you call that grotesque thing anyway?” Her tone was filled with disgust as she said her latter words.

 

I shook my head, amused. “When you swallowed the pearl, you took everything that came with the venom.” I was supposed to say something more, but then she interrupted me.

 

“And the creature?”

 

“It’s an Orc.”

 

“I see.” She spoke in a clipped manner and yet her words were pregnant with meaning. I knew she’ll be asking me about it sooner or later. “What is it you need anyway?”

 

“Can we talk?”

 

Her brows furrowed a bit. “We are talking.”

 

Still sarcastic, too. “Not here,” I said calmly.

 

“Okay. Wait for me,” she said then walked off into the room. She then took the thing called a camera from the nightstand drawer and walked back to where I was. She grinned. “So where to?”

 

“Anywhere but here,” I told her and she brightened up.

 

“Can you take me to the village?” she asked me eagerly, clutching her device as she slung the strap around her neck.

 

“I have a better place in mind,” I told her, taking her by the wrist before she could argue. To my surprise, she just walked quietly as I led her out of the manor, keeping as much distance between us and the forest. Another Orc or something worse could be prowling about in there for all I knew.

 

“Uh…Where are we going?” she asked as I towed her to the path that led to the hill.

 

I glanced at her and saw her eyeing my hand which was holding her wrist as if she was in a trance. She slowly shifted her gaze to me, arching a brow. I immediately let go of her hand as I stopped walking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter