The East Kingdom

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

YI FAN

 

I entered the assembly room the moment the moon had taken its place in the night sky. It was one fine night for a walk under the stars, but I couldn’t do that at the moment. I had some obligations to do with the other Meropian Nobles. I didn’t really see the obligation as a burden, however, I was worried about the young ones. I didn’t know how they were going to handle the situation. I could trust half of them to fulfill their tasks, but basing it on the responsibilities that we all had for our own cities, I don’t think it was going to be easy for any of us. I wasn’t the eldest heir. Xiu Min, the Frost Noble, was, but he can’t come to the capital at the moment. He was busy in Glacia as there had been problems at the western part of their city. Even so, I was the one the others looked up to for decisions. I felt responsible for them. They expect me to lead them and so I came to the hall first.

 

I looked behind me. I’ve almost forgotten about the person who was with me all the while – Lay, the Healing Noble. He was quietly munching on some steamed buns at the corner of the room. I shook my head at him. I couldn’t understand him. He was the incarnation of hard work and passion and that includes eating. I couldn’t blame him. His mother makes really great steamed buns, but if one doesn’t know better, one would think that he doesn’t like eating at all. He always looked brooding and he was silent when he felt like it, but he’s really loquacious and he doesn’t run out of things to say. He was in the middle of finishing his last bun when he looked up at me, tilting his head to the side.

 

“Yi Fan…”

 

I arched a brow at him. 

 

“Your crystal is glowing.” He pointed at his own crystal which was hanging around his neck.

 

I looked down. It certainly was. I removed it and placed it on top of the table. A white mist came out from it, forming a familiar shape – Xiu Min.His mist form looked around the room and then he stared at me.

 

“I thought…” he began.

 

I sighed. “They’re late.”

 

“Again?”

 

“Good evening, Xiu Min!” Lay greeted him with a single wave then continued eating.

 

Xiu Min smiled at him. “Are those steamed buns?” he asked, walking across the room. Well, he floated. It was an unsettling sight. It had been how we Elyxians had been communicating for thousands of years and yet I haven’t gotten used to it. It looked eerie.

 

Lay nodded, his cheeks puffed. “All mine,” he said in muffled tones.

 

Xiu Min made a face. “It’s not as if I can get any. Stingy brat.”

 

The younger boy chuckled. “My apologies, but I do not regret having said that.”

 

“Don’t choke on it.” Xiu Min diverted his gaze from Lay and looked out the window. He took a step closer. “Is that Tao?”

 

I stood up. “Where?”

 

“There,” he said, pointing at the edge of the forest near the assembly hall. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter