The Rite to Kiyo

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHINHYE

 

It’s D-Day. I’m officially going to war with the six Element Nobles of Korinthia. I can’t believe what I’m actually doing at the moment. Just like the first time I met the Oracle Minister, I had to dress up like them. I shrugged, rolling my eyes at my reflection. I felt like I was carrying a curtain rod on my head with all the embellishments while I had to wear this utterly long robe all the way to the shrine. I’d be wearing it the whole evening or probably until we get the ceremony over and done with, but that’s the least of my problems.

 

It all begins right after I offer my blood to Kiyo. I’d get the power I need to go against the River Guardians and if I don’t die, I’d get to see my sister in the long run. Win-win situation? I guess not. It’s not even a fair fight. The Guardians have everything at their beck and call in case they wanted to kill us, but their uncooperative nature to each other was our edge. I just hope they’d all remain stubborn and proud until everything was done and over with. They’re most likely to attack us from every angle, but not united. We could all still match up to them with that advantage.

 

It was making my head hurt. I wonder how my sister was handling matters in Meropia being their prophesied maiden there and all. Now I understood everything. We have to somehow unite with them, have the same goals. I wonder when I’d get the chance to talk to her again. I could settle for the telepathy for the meantime, but that seemed impossible for me at the moment. Had I known, I wouldn’t have shunned my abilities. I’m at a loss.

 

What the hell is wrong with the old world, destining young people do such crazy jobs? Suho is what, twenty one? And I’m like eighteen, the youngest in the group. I was supposed to be fooling around and having fun, not going against colossal beings that were ruthless and power-hungry at the same time. I’m like but an ant in terms of power and wisdom. They’ve been here for like forever and they knew more. Were they really expecting us to gain that kind of maturity right after they announce that we were to fulfill a prophecy based on the whim of the higher entities? It makes me sick. It’s like saying that little children should suffer the wrath of the world because that’s just the way it is.

 

I gazed out the window after getting rid of the maids that were assigned to dress me up. I hated how they all touched me and pulled on my hair to make me look the way I did at the moment. I could barely breathe after they tied the corset-looking thingy around my body and the shoes were just too flat for my taste. I could feel the floor beneath my sole and it was freaking the hell out of me. Call me touchy, but I must get out of these garments as soon as possible. Good thing, we’re using carriages to get to the scared grounds.

 

The moon was slowly rising in the horizon, abnormally big and bright. Just that mere sight destroyed scientific reasoning. First, its gravity was supposed to be causing big- tsunamis by now, but it wasn’t. If the moon was that near to the earth then it would have been catastrophic in the human world. That didn’t make sense in Elyxo as much as this phenomenon didn’t make sense to me. If I was already feeling this jittery when I didn’t even fully understand it, I wonder how the others were fairing.

 

Just then, I heard a knock from the door. I didn’t turn away from the window as the glimmering carriages materialized on the front courtyard where everyone else was supposed to be gathered except for one person. “Come in,” I murmured and the door swung open to let in the eldest noble – Suho. I saw him walk into the room through the vague reflection of the glass.

 

“It’s time,” he said.

 

I nodded and faced him. “Cool.”

 

He was eyeing me intently as he moved closer, his attire rustling against the floor. He looked cool, but I didn’t like that look on his face at all. It didn’t belong there, but basing it on the happenings, I guess that’s how he should look like. I shouldn’t be acting too casual about it either, but if I wasn’t going to bust a vein in my head, I just had to.

 

“Is anything wrong?”

 

Instead of an answer, he grabbed me by the wrist and just like that, enveloped me in a warm embrace. I was stunned, but slowly, I felt my arms wrapping themselves around him. I patted him on the back. “It’s going to be fine, right?”

 

I felt him nod. “Shinhye?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

I pulled back and arched a brow at him. “Thank you for what?”

 

“For doing this,” he said, his expressions softening.

 

Aww. He’s adorable when he’s all mushy. I smiled. “It’s fine. You’re all doing your parts as well.” I eyed him from head to foot. “You’re all wearing dresses as well?”

 

His eyes widened. “It’s not –”

 

“I was kidding. You look cool.”

 

“Just…” He sighed. “Thank you.”

 

My eyes rounded in mock horror. “You’re not actually going to make a burnt sacrifice out of me, are you?”

 

“Huh? No!”

 

I chuckled. “You’re too tense. Loosen up. It’s going to be fine.”

 

He grinned at me. “Shall we?”

 

“Sure.”

 

He offered his arm and I took it and we both made our way to the courtyard where all the others were waiting. They turned around to face me and I could have sworn that they all looked like characters from an Asian historical drama with the robes and all. It was impressive. Baekhyun smiled at me. He looked like a young emperor in his attire. I winked at him and chuckled.

 

“I’m ready.”

 

They all nodded and I went down the steps, careful not to trip on my clothes…or curtains. I snickered inwardly at the thought. I can’t believe I was thinking of foolish things at a time like this. They all started to walk off to their own carriages. Sehun flashed me a look and bowed his head slightly before going inside while Chan Yeol stayed behind. I felt his hand on my shoulder when I was about to turn towards my ride.

 

I looked at him. “Yeah?”

 

“Are you alright?” he asked.

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “Don’t worry about me. I’m feeling better.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You’re being a bundle of nerves.” I clapped him on the shoulder. “I’m great so just concentrate on the task, okay?”

 

He nodded and reluctantly removed his hand from my shoulder. He definitely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter