The West Kingdom

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BAEKHYUN

 

It’s a going to be a great day…I hope.

 

I wasn’t really looking forward to it. It was surely nice outside with the sun shining against the bright sapphire sky. Everything was peaceful just the way I liked it, but it was the day that my friends and I feared – the reading of the prophecy. It wasn’t actually a major event in the kingdom of Korinthia, well, to other people that is, but it was for me and the other five Element Noble heirs of our nation. The pressure was on us the moment we were born. We were involved in a prophecy that everyone thinks should be fulfilled or Elyxo would forever be divided.

 

I sighed, wrenching my eyes from the glimmering water of the fountain at the courtyard below me. I was just waiting for the reading to be done and over with so I could be my carefree self again. I couldn’t rest easy since the previous week after I was told about the news. I don’t know how the others responded to it. They didn’t talk about it as much as possible, but everyone was in the capital after the Oracle Minister announced that we should be there for the reading.

 

Our parents talked about it of course, especially our fathers who couldn’t seem to get enough of it. They’re lucky that they weren’t in our situation. The prophecy was for our generation to fulfill and not theirs. It should be fulfilled not later than the designated date which was a year from the present day. It has to bring out the maturity in us six, but I don’t think that would be possible, considering the time we’ve had remaining. I don’t think a year would be enough to make us grow up in that aspect. We were boys, for heaven’s sake.

 

The eldest heir, Suho, the Water Noble, was only twenty one years old. I’m younger than him by a year and then there’s Chan Yeol. He’s younger by months and was the Flame Noble. We were the eldest half, but it seems like it doesn’t apply. Well, that’s for me and Chan Yeol, but Suho is a different story altogether. He’s quite scary at times since he’s more responsible than any of us and smarter, too.

 

I shrugged. I was informed just minutes ago that he was already at the Capital Hall where the reading will be done. He would surely scold me once he learns that I was still in the Korinth Mansion where we all stay whenever we happen to be in the capital. I was bored to tears already, but there was still one thing to do before I go. 

 

I walked away from the window and walked out of my bedroom chamber, headed to the next room – Chan Yeol’s bedroom. I was expecting him to be up and about, but I found him sprawled on the bed, from his waist up and lying on his stomach like a drunken old man.

 

“Park Chan Yeol!” I called as I closed the door behind me.

 

Ever so slowly, he looked up at me and tried to open his eyes. He could barely do it. He just glanced at me then buried his face on the pillows again. All his curtains were drawn and the only light source inside his room was a small lamp, lit with a small flicker of fire. His room looked dreary that way so I walked towards his curtains and opened them.

 

“You need to wake up.”

 

“Mmm,” he mumbled against the pillow.

 

I leaned on the post of his bed. “Did you even hear what I said?”

 

He didn’t answer. Instead, he pulled his blanket up to his waist and shifted to his other side, facing away from me. Before he could that, I pulled his blanket and tossed it on the floor.

 

“I heard you,” he muttered.

 

“Get up or Suho will come up here and pull the covers from under you,” I threatened him. “Knowing him, he’ll probably drag you to the Capital Hall looking like that.” I walked towards his nightstand and blew the lamp.

 

“I’ll be up in a while. Go away.”

 

Now he’s telling me to go away. I wasn’t about to do that. I snapped my finger and everything became brighter, making him shut his eyes tighter.

 

“Get up now!”

 

“Stop it!” he whined. “I can’t open my eyes.”

 

I chuckled and dimmed the room. 

 

“Go back to Lumina already!” Chan Yeol growled at me referring to my city then went back to bed.

 

I sighed. Suho is going to drown Chan Yeol once he learns that he’s still asleep at this time of the day. I guess I have no other choice. I approached his bed, held on tightly to the edge of his bed covers and pulled it.

 

“Baekhyun!” he whined as he fell onto the carpeted floor with a dull thud.

 

“Now you’re up!” I chuckled, watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter