Define 'Hate'

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: GUYS! I AM SO SORRY FOR COMPLETELY FORGETTING TO POST THIS CHAPTER. TO THOSE WHO WERE DISRUPTED IN READING THIS, I AM REALLY SORRY. PLEASE ENJOY READING. ^^

SEHUN

I walked out the den just in time for dinner after reading one of the new scrolls that Chan Yeol brought back from Pyria. He had asked for my assistance to work out some matters about the underground societies that had been thriving in Elyxo to prevent the prophecy from being fulfilled. Apparently, they have devised a lot of plans to counter the sacred rituals in defeating the River Guardians. I didn’t understand their desire to keep Meropia and Korinthia divided, but I could be sure that this was the workings of the Guardians themselves.

I made my way to the intersecting hallway, reading the last scroll when I remembered a remedy for one of the plans the Korinth purists had. I broke into a sprint, searching for Chan Yeol before I forgot about it. We had to discuss as early as we could or I was afraid it might be too late. As I was about to reach the next corridor, I saw Shinhye appear out of nowhere, running like the devil was after her. I managed to stop, but it was too late. She didn’t seem to have noticed me and we collided to each other. Before anyone else could react to that, she clashed against me and lost her balance. I quickly reached out for her hand, but I didn’t manage to and we both toppled over to the floor with a sickening thud.

I prevented myself from falling further by cushioning the impact with my palms, slamming against the floor, my eyes shut as I braced myself for what might happen. We came to standstill and when I opened my eyes, I saw Shinhye directly under me, wincing as she quickly raised her head, slowly opening her eyes. Her progress stopped and her eyes widened as she stared at me astounded.

“You,” she squeaked and her head fell back on the floor.

I quickly prevented her from hurting herself any further, sliding a hand at the back of her neck. My other arm was threatening to collapse under my weight so I withdrew my hand from her and adjusted myself. I was about to get up when I noticed that our legs were tangled together. I tried to pull mine off of her, but I ended up pressing weight on her leg.

“Ow!” she yelled, struggling as I tried to scramble away from her legs.

“I’m sorry,” I told her frantically.

“Get off of me!”

“Wait. You’re going to get hurt if I –”

“Damn it, do it quickly!” she growled.

It was her fault for running blindly and colliding with me and she had the nerve to behave in such a manner? That immediately sent me seething. I was about to scowl at her when I found her bending upwards, our faces nearly touching. I took in air too quickly and my senses were seized by her scent. Goodness, she smelled exquisite. We were both looking at each other in silence. Her eyes were wide open and I saw her swallowing, while I just drowned in her emerald eyes.  One wrong move and our lips would touch. I could hear her heart beating rapidly in her chest with my heightened senses. I guess she realized that, too.

Suddenly, she smirked. “How long do you plan to stare at me like that?” she said so I shifted and she winced. “Stop moving,” she said in a stifled groan. “That really hurts. Don’t move.”

She inched back while I remained motionless then she turned her head sideways trying to look behind her. She began lifting herself up, supporting both of our weight with both of her hands. As she came higher, her neck moved closer towards my face as well and I found myself wondering how her pale skin would feel like beneath my lips. I shook the idea off the moment it entered my mind and fixed my gaze on the floor.

“I’m going to hold onto you. Brace yourself. I don’t want to fall again,” she said sternly, placing an arm around my nape as she heaved herself up then backed away, pulling her leg out of the tangle. She exhaled loudly and sat on the floor while I watched her. She looked ready to kill me now. I sat up as well.

“You’re really troublesome,” I muttered, rolling my eyes as I straightened my shirt.

She scoffed. “You’re the one who caused me to fall, you klutz!” she said acidly.

“Klutz?!” I retorted. “You were the one who was running without looking at where you’re going.”

“I was to!”

I shook my head and rolled my eyes at her.

She stood up and flashed me a disgusted look. “You still caused me to fall, you arrogant – Ugh! Never mind.” She stomped off and stepped on my leg in the process. I winced and she smirked at me. “Oh! Was that your leg? Serves you right for trying to trip me twice.”

“What?!”

“I read minds, remember?”

I didn’t even think of that. I glared at her. “You’re going to pay for this!”

“Keep talking. See if I care,” she taunted then walked to her room and slammed the door shut.

I stood up, glaring at her door. She’s really going to get it this time. Prophesied maiden or not, she’s going to take it from me hard. She just sealed her fate.

BAEKHYUN

It took Shinhye a long time to come down to the banquet hall. We’ve already began dinner, but she was still nowhere in sight. I glanced at the empty chair beside me and saw Chan Yeol doing the same. He eyed me quizzically then glanced at the empty seat once more. Just then, I realized that Sehun was missing from the table as well.

“Where’s Shinhye?” Chan Yeol asked sharply, setting his knife down on his plate. He looked around, demanding for answers.

Suho was about to take a bite from his mutton, but he paused to answer Chan Yeol. “She went to her bedchambers to have a fresh change of clothes. We went to the desert just before dinner. She’ll be with us shortly.”

“I see.”

I frowned. “But where’s Sehun?” I asked.

“I left him at the den just moments ago. He might still be there,” Chan Yeol told me and rang for the bell. The footman came out from the pantry and bowed before proceeding towards us. “Do call Sehun from the den.”

The footman nodded, but before he can take his first step out of the room, the door burst open to accommodate a fuming Oh Sehun. He was livid, almost turning red with indignation as he stormed past the footman and sat roughly on his chair.

“Someone’s happy,” Kai commented and Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter