Eighty Nine: Gut Feeling

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Jinhae’s POV-

Gracious…Lay has a gracious heart that made mine ache. Of course, I didn’t want him to be angry at me. That was the last thing I would ever want, but the fact that he had been so kind to me from the beginning, never wavering with his faith in me, made me feel even worse. I wish I could have Shinhye’s practical way of thinking. If she was me then she would b able to confront these nagging feelings. Maybe I should always have her by my side. If that’s the case then she’ll be chastising me for moping around as I prepared for the journey, left without any choice but to make myself move. Lay wasn’t even doing what I was and he was the one I’ve jilted, not on purpose, but I still did. Gah! I’m going to die early if I keep being like this.

We were leaving for Glacia. I was excited to see Xiu Min’s home as much as I wasn’t eager to leave Nai-Nai and Lady Qian Yi’s presence. They were the people who helped us in our journey by making life more comfortable while we were staying in their domain. I’d feel really bad leaving them, too, just like when I left Hailesia and met Lay’s mother before that. Now I was just afraid to face her. Lady Jiao Liang loved her son a lot, I knew that. I did, too, but I just didn’t see him in the romantic sense.

‘Leaving, too?’ Shinhye asked.

I stopped momentarily as I packed the things I needed in the rucksack I’ve designed during my idle days waiting for Tao to get well. ‘Too?’

‘Yes. We’re leaving for Pyria.’

‘Where is that supposed to be?’

‘It’s the home of the Flame Nobles.’

I smiled at that. ‘Excited?’

‘I was told of volcanoes and stuff, but I’m not apt for the adventure. Well, not when Chan Yeol and Sehun are fighting each other.’

‘I thought you’ve resolved that. I didn’t miss how you actually made the two of them scared out of their wits.’

 She laughed then. ‘You bet, but I’ve been reading their minds lately. They hate each other and it’s my fault.’

‘Don’t be like that now. It’s not your fault if their acting like ding-dongs.’

‘I know, but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m the reason. Let’s exchange places.’

I shook my head when I heard another thought enter her mind. She was busy as well and I should be finishing by now. I was packing the last of my clothes when I felt a pair of arms wrapping themselves around my waist. I was startled, but I smiled nonetheless, knowing who it was.

“Ready?” Lu Han whispered against my ear.

I still couldn’t get over how much hibbie-jibbies I get whenever he was that close to me. “Almost.” I tied the rucksack and faced him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He immediately gave me a kiss on the forehead, hugging me to him. “Yah. What’s the big idea?”

“I still can’t believe you chose me.”

I arched a brow at him then shook my head. “I did…”

“But you feel bad for Lay, right?”

I shrugged, gently easing away from his hold. “I’d be heartless if I didn’t.” I turned away, heaving in a deep breath. “Are you jealous?”

He pouted when I faced him, about to carry the bag to the door, but he took charge and let it float all the way there. “You can always do that.”

I grinned at him. “I forget where I am at times, but don’t change the subject.” I placed either of my hands on his shoulders. “Are you jealous of Lay, Lu Han?” I was dead serious, wanting to know what he really thinks, not basing it on his thoughts but his words. I wanted to know what he has to say to about the matter.

He sat down, taking my hands in his. He gazed at the floor then brought his eyes up at me, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He shook his head then. “No, I’m not.”

“Really?”

“It’s the last thing I’d feel for him. To be honest, I also feel bad, but ironically, I don’t regret anything.”

I ruffled his hair and smiled. “That’s good, because you don’t have reason to, not now, not ever. Do you understand?”

He nodded.

“But he’ll remain to be the close friend we’ve both had…” I shook my head. “Maybe mine. I don’t really know what’s between the two of you, but it would make me tremendously happy if you’d go back to your brotherhood before I even appeared in your lives.”

“We’ve talked…”

“You went hunting,” I corrected.

He chuckled. “Always the cynical tone? We’ve talked even before that and he offered to be friend again.” He pulled me closer then hugged my waist, leaning against my belly.

I arched a brow at him. “I’m just making sure, but that’s nice.” I continued toying with his hair. Had he been a person from the human world then maybe he’d be swatting my hand away. I chuckled a bit and he pulled back, surprised.

“What’s so amusing?” he asked gently, but he was pouting.

I shook my head, looking far away. “I was just thinking the possibilities if you were human.”

He brightened up. “Would I be a good human?”

“I don’t want you to be human,” I murmured.

“Why not?”

“Because it won’t work for us all the more. I’m glad you’re not human.”

He frowned. “All the more?” he repeated with inflection as if that’s all he understood.

I nodded.

“What do you mean, Jinhae?” He stood up, tensing as he looked at me. “Isn’t it working between the two of us?”

Sensing his alarm, I nodded. “It is. It’s actually working well than what I’ve thought,” I answered.

He cupped my face with his hands. “Then what are you saying?”

I grimaced, not really wanting to talk about it at the moment. “You know what’s happening.” I was starting to sound like my sister who was telling Chan Yeol that she would leave soon, but that was reality. It was what we all must live by. “You’ve seen my thoughts. It’s why you left.”

“You can’t mean that,” he murmured.

“Lu Han… I beg of you, stop turning a blind eye on it.”

He shook his head. “I am not, but as long as you’re with me we will make things work out on our favor. That’s what matters.”

I smiled at him. “Thank you.”

He leaned closer and captured my lips with his. I kissed him back, feeling my heart melt into a messy puddle around me. I was glad I chose him. That’s what matters and if the time comes that we couldn’t be together anymore then he’d always stay in my heart like old times. Nothing matters but the present. I don’t care about the future anymore as long as I was with him, wrapped in his warm embrace and never letting go. I imagine myself reminiscing times like this once Shinhye and I leaves.

I pulled back, but he still held me in his embrace, toying with my hair. “We should get going,” I said.

“You’re beautiful,” he murmured, leaning against my neck as he said the words.

I blushed madly as he began nuzzling my skin. “L-lu Han~!”

“What? I mean it.” He chuckled softly then began planting brief kisses on the spot under my ear.

I was already at the edge, gripping onto his shoulders as I prevented my breath from hitching. Instead, a giggle erupted from my throat. “Hey stop it!” I said without conviction, not sure if I really want him to stop. I pushed him back and narrowed my eyes at him.

“You’re too touchy,” he said, laughing lightly.

I smacked him on the arm. “Don’t do that again.”

“Well then you’d better watch your back,” he warned.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Is that a threat?”

He pulled me against him again. “Are you threatened?”

I just laughed. “You nut.”

We both laughed at that when someone suddenly cleared his throat from the door. We both looked to that direction and saw Tao standing by the post, crossing his arms with a bored look about his face.

I chuckled and punched Lu Han playfully on the arm while he continued tugging on my arm. I tutted. “Behave,” I told him then looked at Tao. “Yes?”

“Er…we’re going?”

“Oh.”

He took the bags on the floor, shaking his head. “Be down shortly.” He gave us a stern look then went away.

Lu Han looked like he was going to run after Tao with a frown on his face. “What was that all about?”

I went around him and began pushing him out of the room. “Let’s just go before they start imagining things.”

“Let them imagine all they want,” he muttered.

I linked my arms with him and pulled him downstairs to meet the others. Tao’s parents and Nai-Nai were already standing by the courtyard when we got there while the others said their goodbyes. I motioned towards Nai-Nai and gave her a tight hug. “Please stay healthy.”

She smiled and nodded. “Yes, dear. I want you to be careful and come back to visit soon.”

I nodded. “I promise. I’ll miss you, Nai-Nai.”

She gave me a gentle shove. “Just go already before you start crying in front of me like a child with scraped knees.”

I chuckled. “I’ll visit you soon.”

“Yes.”

I turned towards the others and nodded. “Ready?”

“Are you?” Tao asked suggestively agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter