The One

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEHUN

The room was shrouded with tension and awkward silence right after Shinhye left. They were all staring at the crystal goblet that broke under her intense gaze. We all watched as the cracks began appearing from the rim, going all the way down and just like that, it got pulverized. She just stared at it. She didn’t even touch it. Was that really how humans were? As far as I was concerned, they didn’t have such abilities and she was still denying it. She didn’t want to be a half-blood and I could already feel her reluctance to be the prophesied maiden despite of all the facts that pointed to her. Suddenly, I felt the urge to break the burdening silence by chuckling. 

 

“Now tell me she’s human,” I said to no one in particular, shaking my head as I leaned idly on my chair. The other five eyed me with disgusted expressions. “What?” I snapped.

 

Suho was the first one to speak. “Did you really have to do that?”

 

“Do what? Push her to edge just so she’d admit to it?” I asked. “Yes, I did and I’m not going to apologize for it.”

 

“She’s ill,” Chan Yeol said through clenched teeth and the air suddenly got warmer where he sat.

 

I laughed. “It’s not like she would accept the facts if she’s well. You should’ve noticed by now that she’s one of those all too stubborn girls who tend to do a lot of rationalizing before they accept their defeat. Besides, I got her to spill the dirt. You should be thanking me.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head at me. “But she claims to be from another world. You should have at least understood that.”

 

“You didn’t have to argue with her like that,” Kai said. “She views everything here like it’s impossible to happen.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “There you are. She deemed it impossible because she’s never witnessed such things in her mundane existence and yet she can perform the irrational.” I pointed at the shards on the table. “That’s the proof of it.”

 

Chan Yeol stood up. “That isn’t even the point, Sehun. You didn’t have to be so harsh to her. I know you don’t care about the prophecy since you only wish to be chasing phantoms in your dreams, but you should at least be civil to her. We’re here to serve her as parts of the prophecy itself. At least act according to your position, Wind Noble.”

 

I sighed, amused by his observation. He obviously didn’t know what he was saying. “I know that. You don’t have to rub it in,” I answered him.

 

Kai made a face. “You’re all acting strangely since she arrived. Shouldn’t you be happy about it? We’ve found her. That’s what’s important. What’s shoved up your rear again, Sehun?”

 

I scoffed. “Nothing is!”

 

“Then why are you acting like that?” he fired back.

 

I stood up. “Why are you all getting so wound up about what I did? You should be worried about the fact that she’s reluctant to help us. She would surely be looking for a way to find her way out of here as soon as possible. Nothing makes sense to her and nothing will.” I rolled my eyes at all of them and exited the room, slamming the door close behind me.

 

Chan Yeol didn’t have the right to speak of me the way he did. He didn’t know anything. He didn’t know that I’ve found the phantom in my dreams. Finally.

BAEKHYUN

 

“I’m going out,” I told everyone flatly right after Chin had tidied up. 

 

Everyone was still sitting except for Chan Yeol who was pacing around. He turned to face me. “Where are you going?” he asked.

 

“Nowhere,” I said then went out. I couldn’t take the tension inside the banquet hall anymore. Now Chan Yeol and Sehun were fighting. The prophecy was really weighing down on us. Why should there be a need to unite the two kingdoms anyway? I personally think that things are better off this way except that the River Guardians were gaining strength with every passing day that the land is divided. It’s going to be chaotic if the prophecy wasn’t fulfilled.

 

I was about to climb the stairs when I saw that the door at the main foyer was ajar. Frowning, I went towards it, motioning to close it when I saw a shadowy figure limping towards the edge of the forest. It was, without a doubt, Shinhye. I shrugged. Heaven knows what would happen to her with all the creatures prowling about at night. Without hesitation, I went to follow her, keeping a good distance between us, quietly walking through the earth path.

 

I watched as she walked and paused, staring down at her injured leg then she would continue walking again, muttering unintelligible words as she went deeper into the forest.

 

She continued walking slowly and aimlessly through the darkness, running her fingers through her long, gleaming hair in agitation. It was evident from her actions that she really felt troubled. She wasn’t even paying any attention to her leg which, I heard, wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter