Fifty: Quality Time

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

I shook my head as I read through my sister’s head. Now she’s using my candies to prank the nobles of Meropia. That’s grand. I got an idea, too. I walked out of my room holding half of my stash. The candies I brought with me to Elyxo seemed to have frozen in its last state when it was still in the human world just like the batteries of my digital stuff, including my watch. I took the bag of Crybabies and ate one. I was used to the extreme sour taste, but I was still wondering what it would do to Elyxians who didn’t know of its existence.

I went to the common room and saw everyone except for Chan Yeol. Oh well. I bounded in, making the bag conspicuous. I blew the bubblegum the sour things turn into once the taste wears off. It popped and they all looked at me. I continued chewing casually, swinging the bag. That ought to get their curiosity.

“Good afternoon, Shinhye,” Suho oppa greeted, glancing up from his book, but it turned into a stare when he saw the colorful bag I was holding. To kids in the human world, I would be like Santa Claus holding a bag of goodies, but to them I was a curious case.

“What’s that?” Baekhyun asked me. I guess the rainbow bag had the same effect on him as that of the kids.

I pretended not to know what he was talking about and blew another bubble. “What’s what?” I asked back.

“That.” He pointed at the drawstring bag I was swinging.

“Oh this? Just candies.”

Sehun flashed me a suspicious look.

“You want some?” I blew another bubble.

“How do you do that?” Kai asked me, his eyes rounding as I bubbled and popped.

“Is that really food?” D.O. asked, standing up from his seat to take a good look at what I was chewing.

I blew it again and he motioned to touch it. I quickly withdrew it into my mouth with a pop. “Yah! Don’t touch it. That’s dirty, dude.”

“What’s that?” Sehun asked. So he’s curious, too.

“Gum.”

“Gum?” they chorused.

Suho oppa rolled the scroll he was reading and opened his palm up. “Can I try it, please?”

I smiled, but I couldn’t actually prank him. He might give me the silent treatment again. That’s not funny. Besides that, I needed to gain the other’s trusts. If their leader will eat it then surely they will, too. “Sure. Just chew on it until the taste wears off. Don’t swallow.” I gave him a regular purple Dubble Bubble.

“You look like a toad,” Kai said to me.

I brought my tongue out. It was green. I chuckled. “Cool, huh?”

Suho oppa was having trouble with the plastic wrapping so I took it from him and showed him how it should be done. He eyed the egg-shaped gum in awe. “What does it do?” he asked me eagerly.

I chewed on. “It’s supposed to keep your mouth busy.”

“By chewing?”

“Yeah and it tastes good, too.”

“I see.”

“You’re supposed to put it in your mouth.”

Oppa popped the gum into his mouth and began chewing. He smiled at me. “It’s sweet.”

Kai looked at the bag curiously. He refused to touch it. “These aren’t enchanted, are they?”

I chuckled. “No. I’m eating one, see?”

Soon, the others were crowding in front of me. I took out an assortment of Crybabies and Fireballs and offered it to them with my palms. “Your pick.”

Baekhyun’s eyes glittered. “They come in different colors, too. Will my tongue be like yours if I eat the green one, too?” he asked me.

I nodded. The others were skeptical about it. “It’s just sugar,” I assured them. Oppa brought his tongue out. It was purple. I laughed.

“It’s good. You should try it.”

Baekhyun immediately picked out the green one. D.O. picked the yellow one. I personally didn’t like it. It was lemon, thus twice the sourness. Kai braved the red one. Okay. I tried not to laugh. On the other hand, Sehun picked up the jalapeno green fireball. That’s going to burn. I wonder where that Chan Yeol is. I’d like to see him eat one of those.

I picked another regular gum. “On three?”

They all nodded as they opened the wrappers. It would take a few moments before they realize what’s going on inside their mouths.

“I have a dare,” I said.

“What is it?” D.O. asked.

“The one who keeps it the longest in his mouth can order me around for a day. How’s that?” No one will win for sure.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at me. “You’ve got yourself a deal.”

He was really keen on ordering me around, huh? I smiled sweetly at him. “Okay.” I glanced at the others. “Three!” We all popped the gums into our mouths.

I just chewed like I would normally do as I looked at them. Baekhyun didn’t seem to be affected. He just chewed when suddenly he swallowed and looked at me, his eyes tearing up. No one noticed him and I pretended to ignore him. Kai was moving it around his mouth. The fireballs were usually sweet with a cinnamon touch to it at first then it would start becoming spicy. Suho oppa just chewed on his gum while D.O. was the funniest. His face was already scrunched up.

I looked at Sehun who was quietly chewing the stuff. Let’s see how long he can keep it up. His face was slowly turning red as he glared at me. I just smiled at him.

“My mouth is burning!” Kai yelled. He ran to the window and spat it out. He was breathing through his mouth as he faced us, his eyes watering up. “What did you put in this?!” he demanded.

D.O. opened his mouth. He was salivating when the gumball fell on the floor in a sticky wad.

“Hey, my tongue’s green!” Baekhyun said gleefully. It didn’t even affect him. Turns out he got a regular gum, too.

“What’s going on?” Suho oppa asked.

I jumped off the table and took the bag as all of them realized what they were eating. I winked at Suho oppa. Sehun was getting ready to chase me, but I outran him. I was laughing all the way out of the room. I lost Sehun after a while, but then, as I was running, I bumped into someone.

 I looked at the tall figure in front me and grinned. It was Chan Yeol. “Hello!” I greeted, glancing behind me.

He smiled slightly. “Hello?” He looked at me then. “I was just looking for you.”

“Yeah? Why?” I asked.

Suddenly, there were people yelling from the other hallway. I stiffened while he frowned.

“Where’s that girl?” That would be D.O.

“AHN SHINHYE!” That’s Sehun.

Chan Yeol arched a brow at me.

I chuckled. “Sorry. I’ve got to run.” I started to bolt away, but he held me fast. “What?”

“What did you do this time?” he demanded.

“It’s just a prank. I swear.”

Just when I thought he was going to give me to them himself, he broke into a smile. “This way then,” he murmured. Without warning, he scooped me off the ground and sprung out of the window into the west gardens.

When he landed, I said, “Thanks. You can put me down now.”

“Not quite,” he said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter