Ninety Three: The Link

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Baekhyun’s POV-

Predicaments. Our lives of are filled with it and it was multi-factorial. Apparently, these problems aren’t just caused by the purists that were out to get us, but also because of the conflicts within ourselves. Aside from the fact that we were outnumbered, two people of our own were contradicting each other. We were basically in the middle of a war to protect the people we cared about, but there goes Sehun and Chan Yeol, starting another conflict between them. I didn’t know what they were fighting about this time, but no matter what it was, I can never forgive them this time. Their childishness has gone beyond what all of us could take.

We were on a futile chase to get Shinhye back after one, high-ranking purist took her. Well, ironically, we had her to thank for at least keeping her alive by catching her from her untimely fall from the roof of a very high building, but still, she was kidnapped because of those two people’s carelessness. We have been chasing after the purist while he hauled her on his back until we got held back by other purists a few miles after the boundary of Sugarra. We were able to defeat each one of them, but it was too late for us to get her back before they bring her somewhere and, Kiyo forbid, kill or torture her.

For the past days, we have been learning that they weren’t just after her. They’ve found out about the emblems and the power they held. They didn’t just want to keep Elyxo divided they also desired the power that they don’t deserve. And then what? They were going to run amok the whole place. That’s just unacceptable, but this time, I didn’t have any time to be angry at that. I was mad at the two people with me at the moment.

I looked at them, both distraught. They were blaming each other, of course, and they had quite a few bickers before I actually lost it then they came to a consensus that they were both at fault for fighting instead of helping me protect her.

“How are we to tall Suho hyung now? Harabeoji just died and this is what you do?” I scolded them though it was useless. I just needed to get what I felt out. “What have you got to say for yourselves?”

They didn’t answer and just stared down.

I began pacing. “What are we going to do now?”

“About what?” Kai asked as he appeared out of nowhere. He looked around, seeing the extent of damage done to the Sugarra manor. “What happened here?”

“Don’t be shocked alright?” I said to him.

He frowned. “What?”

“I said don’t be shocked!” I yelled, not at him, but at the two idiots sitting on the couch, looking like turtles that were hiding in their shells.

“Cool it, will you?” Kai said, sitting between the two people. He looked tired. “Hydris is fine now, but hyung isn’t.”

“I’ve guessed as much.”

“You?” he asked again. “Just you?” He looked at the other two.

 “Yes, just me. Some people around here don’t think so and just want to exercise their idiocy at the wrong moment.”

Kai shook his head. “You two already know what Shinhye is going through,” he said, making them flinch at the mention of her name. He glanced at me then. “What I’m saying is that the least you could do is to make her feel better by being united. What did you do this time?”

“We were fighting,” Sehun answered.

“And?”

“We forgot to protect her,” Chan Yeol sustained.

“Wow. That’s really stupid, guys,” Kai said then stood up. “She’s not injured or something is she?” He sighed. “I think she hates me for not taking her to Hydris.”

“She’s more than injured and it’s our entire fault,” Chan Yeol said, owning up to their slip.

Kai’s eyes widened. “What? What happened to her?” he demanded, expecting me to explain.

“We were at the roof and she nearly fell off…”

“And?”

“She fell eventually.”

He took my shoulders with both of his hands. “She’s dead, too?!”

I shook my head. “Someone caught her.”

“Oh…” He sighed in relief. “Stop scaring me like that.”

“You should be though.”

His calm demeanor evaporated just as quickly. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“A purist caught her and ran away with her so…”

He scoffed. “Shinhye knows how to fight people off. Surely you’re just kidding me.”

“She was unconscious as she got a blow on the head, so technically, she can’t fight and we failed to chase after them.”

Blood drained from Kai’s head.

“Yes. I understand the feeling.”

He shook his head. “Hyung can’t find out about this.”

“I can’t find out about what?” Suho suddenly said, popping out of nowhere. He looked broken with his eyes swollen and red while his shoulders were slumped and he sounded dead as well. I can’t even start to imagine what this would do to him.

“We’ve done some leeching before we got here,” Kai said quickly to me.

“Well?” he demanded, giving us a sweeping look. He must be tired. It was almost morning. His eyes lingered on the Flame and Wind Nobles. “Isn’t anyone going to speak?” He sat down, crossing his legs.

Oh my. He’s already scaring.

“Hyung…” I began.

“I’m sorry,” the two chorused.

“Well, you’d better be!” Kai snapped at them, looking like he was about to reel off.

Suho hyung smiled a bit. “You made Shinhye upset again, right?”

“More than that,” I murmured.

“I’m used to it, but…” He looked at me. “She’s fine, right?”

I shook my head.

He paled. “What then? Is she ill? Did she find out about harabeoji? What?”

“She may be ill since she had a blow to the head. She knows about harabeoji.” I sighed. “I’m sorry again, hyung.” I swallowed. “And she’s not here.”

He stood up, the unspoken question in his mind evident in the way he looked at all of us. He shook his head. “No…”

“The purists took her.”

“NO!” he growled. He turned towards the other two, a sword forming itself out of water from his hand. We all knew what it meant when he suddenly wields his sword.

“Hyung, calm down,” Kai implored.

“What did you do?!” he demanded. “How is this possible? I didn’t call for more help just so you could fail to protect her!”

“Hyung –” Sehun began, but it was futile. He knew better than to say anything when the Water Noble is mad.

“How did this happen?”

Kai shrugged. “I’m out of here. I’m going to look for her.” He disappeared before anyone could protest.

“Answer me!” hyung growled.

“We were fighting and then…” Chan Yeol murmured.

“It doesn’t matter anyway.” He closed his eyes and shook his head, withdrawing the sword. “This isn’t happening.” He sank on his chair again, burying his face on his palms. “First it was my grandfather and now Shinhye’s missing? This is too much. I can’t…I can’t think of anything worst than this. Why is this happening?” He stood up, tears staining his face.

Sehun also broke and went near hyung. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…”

Hyung shook his head. “It’s not your fault. They wouldn’t have taken her by force if I hadn’t killed Aram.”

I stood up. “No. That’s not true. It’s unacceptable. They instigated the war. They should know what would become of them.”

Chan Yeol bowed. “I’m sorry.” Hurt laced his tone. “I will send men to help us.”

Suho hyung nodded. “Thank you.”

He shook his head. “This is my fault.” He turned away and exited the room.

Now what?

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

I woke up to something bright and it was stinging my eyes. Once again, it was like when I first woke up in Elyxo. My head was ready to explode and I can’t understand why. I lifted my hand to my face, oddly hearing noises like that of a chain being dragged on the floor. I was trying to retrieve the memories of last night. I couldn’t remember anything after I felt something hard hit against my head. That must be it. Ugh! What the hell were those purists thinking? They’re going to get it once I see them again.

It was relatively peaceful. I guess the guys controlled the situation. I opened my eyes and was surprised when I saw grey walls around me. Aside from that, I was lying down on cold, hard concrete. None of the guys would have allowed me to be out in the cold to sleep. It smelled of dead rats and it was musty, too. What the hell? Where was I?

I sat up and I felt woozy for a while, but I regained my composure just as quickly, hearing more of the chains clanging against the ground. I was surprised to see that the light was coming from a small, square window high up the wall with metal bars. More of those metal bars appeared before me when I turned around and when I looked down, I found both of my ankles tied with chains to the floor while my arms were on shackles, heavy ones, one fastened above my cuff. My ring was still there as well. I guess they couldn’t remove it. No one else can unless I do.

I’ve already realized that I was caught by the purists, but that should be easy. I felt stiff all over and the smell that permeated the air made me sick to the stomach. It was dim from outside the bars and I couldn’t see well. I just noticed that my sleeve was torn and something silver was around my forearm. Another bracelet. What the hell? They put a bracelet on me and keep me prisoner. I looked around and saw a small basin. I tried to move it, but I can’t. Uh-oh. This is big trouble.

I reached for the goddamned silver thing on my arms and tried to pry it off, but the more I did that, it burned my skin, smoke included. That hurt a lot, but dissipated when I stopped touching it. Oh . I’m toast. I heard thoughts coming nearer as I stood by the bars. It was a relief that I could still do that. Maybe they couldn’t neutralize what they don’t know I had. I just hope they haven’t figured out that I could change matter composition.

I stood there motionlessly, deciding that I was bored. To stay inside a prison cell for a whole day for who knows how long would really be stupid. I went over to the corner where a table was. It had a drawer, too. I opened it and saw papers inside, some quills and bottles of ink. Their previous prisoner must be someone of intellect. I yawned, scanning the papers, took some, stood by the wall and began folding it into something with sharp edges, tucking them into the back pocket of my jeans. I just have to turn them into metal before actually making my move.

I have made around twenty pieces already when I saw shadows coming through what seemed to be a dimly lit tunnel a few paces from my cell. I’d finally meet my captors. I just wished they were as worth it as the nobles, but to me, they were nothing but maggots. I stood back, straightening my clothes as I leaned against the wall with the shackles, dragging against the rough floor. I tried to play it cool thought I would really like to kill them all for delaying me from doing the things I should.

Two figures emerged first as three others followed from behind, two burly people and a lanky, looking one. I could tell from their shadows, but I couldn’t make out the features of the two people in front.

“Our guest is awake, I see,” one of the two people in front said, his voice almost as deep as Chan Yeol’s was and I felt something stir on my chest as I’ve figured I missed him…and Sehun, too, and the guys. I couldn’t really be getting sappy at a time like this. I didn’t look up.

Suddenly, fire torches were lit and the room seemed brighter now. My vision adjusted to the sudden semi-brightness. I saw two tall men standing by the metal bars. One had sharp features and long black hair. He looked like real-life Sephiroth with the exception of his hair. Too bad he’s a purist. He was their leader. I heard the guard’s thoughts from behind him. It’s funny how they’ve exhausted their resources that the highest ranking purist had to be the one to meet me.

On the other hand, the person beside him was also tall, but not as big in stature as the leader was. He had fine features, he was fair and he had chestnut hair that extended just below his shoulder, the half top tied. He looked like he could be around Sehun’s age or maybe a bit older and he sort of looked like Kai. He smiled slightly at me, looking quite bashful. He liked me. Oh thoughts. I raised my head a bit and smiled at him, too, when no one was looking. I’d bet I could use him to get me out of here. Easy.

His eyes widened and he looked away, his face turning slightly pink. He stared at the floor, fidgeting with his fingers.

“Taemin, what are you doing?” the leader said.

“N-nothing,” he answered.

“How are the operations going?” he asked.

“Well.” He doesn’t talk much, does he?

I couldn’t help but ridicule him.

“Anyway,” the leader said. “My name is Hyo and if I’m not mistaken, you’re the prophesied maiden.”

I chuckled. “You’re not even sure if you got the right person. Are you room service? Because I have a lot things to complain about.”

The people around him looked at me with wide eyes then turned to their superior, probably shocked by my insolence in front of their master. Hierarchy never mattered to me. Respect did and no matter what his position is to his subordinates, it didn’t matter. Besides, they should know by now that I wasn’t raised in Elyxo.

Hyo smiled at me nonetheless, seemingly amused. “You’re as feisty as I’ve been hearing.”

“Your subjects aren’t liars then.” I pushed myself away from the wall and stood a foot from the metal bars. “Say, what about you loosen these chains?”

He laughed out loud, but it rang of annoyance as well. “Would you like me to open the cell door as well?”

I pretended to check my nails. “Yes, please.”

“Miss Shinhye, in case you aren’t aware –”

“This isn’t an inn?” I completed for him. “I know that. Can I demand for my release now or should I get a lawyer?”

“What?” His face contorted into an irritated mask.

“I said release me.”

They all laughed except for the one called Taemin. He didn’t seem to find my plea amusing.

“And do you think, I will?”

“What do you want then? Money? Gold? What?” I said, leaning against the bars. “Just tell me. I’ll give it to you.” It’s nice to mock him and watch his face crumple.

“I have everything you’re offering,” he stated flatly. “Now I want to talk about something and I trust you’ll be civil enough to comply.”

“If civility is the topic then I’d beg of you to please stop talking about it. I don’t think you are capable of it,” I answered, still maintaining a smile on my face. Since he’s the leader, I’d get to say what I want to him. “But I don’t think telling you will make you realize. Your kind is somewhat slow when it comes to these kinds of things, but then again, yes. Let’s talk.”

“Why you little –” He turned livid as he walked towards the cell, trying to reach for me.

I stepped back, mocking him with a grin. “Unless you can stretch your hands towards me, you are very welcome to open the cell and come here and get me.”

He lost his composure and ordered for the bars to be opened, but little Taemin stopped him. “Hyung, she’s not worth it.”

Hyung? They were brothers? That’s ridiculous.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter