Proposals

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JINHAE

I went up the stairs, leaving Lu Han at the foyer. Thoughts battled inside my mind as I tried to figure out what was real from imagination. So we danced. I didn’t see anything wrong with that until he started acting strangely, avoiding my gaze and turning flushed right after it ended. I walked towards the den where the doors to the veranda were. I needed fresh air. Not even twenty four hours had passed and yet I was being bombarded by the reality of what the Oracle Minister had mentioned and I was quite shocked that it was Lu Han.

 

From the moment I saw him, I’ve already had a humongous crush on him, mainly because he was too cute for words. Well, who wouldn’t? Besides that, I have been spending most of my time with him, Lay and Tao, but not once did I hear such thoughts from him. He had always been well-meaning and worried about me a lot since I was too clumsy. That’s what I’ve seen in his mind after all the walks we’ve had in the forest and I thought that was all it was to it and nothing more.

 

I’ve reached the veranda, pacing around again. I’ve got to stop with this habit of mine. It was making me dizzy, but I couldn’t help it. I was agitated to the very last cell in my body. He didn’t know that I could read minds. No one did and I have to start paying attention to everyone I talk to or else I would end up answering their thoughts just like what I did the previous night to the minister. I didn’t want them to know about it since it was one embarrassing thing and I still didn’t know when to shut it off unlike Lu Han who had the same ability and could decide whether he should or shouldn’t read minds. I was an exception. He couldn’t read me, much to my satisfaction and relief or he would be finding out a lot of things that weren’t too pretty.

 

Finally, I’ve managed to stop walking around. I stood by the balustrade, gripping it until my knuckles were white. ‘I desired you in the most unfathomable way there is…’ Those words kept repeating themselves inside my mind and try as I might, I couldn’t shun the thought away. I could actually compare it to leprechauns dancing about, mocking me with the thought. Aish! I should’ve just pretended that I understood what the minister had told me without asking any question. The thought was really making me jittery, not to mention confused. Now it’s as if that’s all I’ve heard and understood.

 

Suddenly, the image of Lu Han and I dancing at such close proximity flashed in my mind. It was spazz-worthy, but I just didn’t think of anyone of them that way. They were all older like the brother both Shinhye and I wished we’ve had when we were younger. I felt heat suffusing my cheeks though and I didn’t need a mirror to tell that I was actually blushing. What to do? I wanted to slap myself already.

 

“What seems to be the problem, young miss?” I heard someone say from behind me. When I turned around, I saw Lay standing there, wearing what seemed to be a bored mask. I turned my back on him immediately and he chuckled.

 

“What?”

 

“What’s with you and exposing your back?” he asked.

 

I frowned. “There’s another thing you shouldn’t say to ladies. Never comment on our clothes.”

 

He joined me by the balustrade. “Yours are always strange. I can’t help it.”

 

I sighed. “Get used to it,” I said sulkily.

 

“What’s with the barb?” he asked then, arching a brow at me.

 

I faced him and pulled on his sleeves. “I don’t know.”

 

“What’s your problem, Jinhae?”

 

“I don’t know!” I whined.

 

He chuckled. “Whatever it is, stop thinking about it. You look like you’re about to burst or something.”

 

I pouted at him. “Why?”

 

“You’re flushed. Have you been running?”

 

My eyes widened at his comment. “More like dancing,” I muttered through clenched teeth.

 

“Dancing?”

 

I nodded and raised my toe-shoe-clad feet.

 

“And then?”

 

I stared ahead. “I was dancing and everything was alright until…” Oh damn this! I slipped. 

 

“Continue.”

 

“Nothing.”

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Nothing?”

 

I chuckled nervously. “Yes. Nothing.”

 

“Come now, Jinhae. You’ve already began. Do you mind finishing?”

 

I stared blankly at him, feeling limp. “I’m losing my element.” I felt anger roiling inside me when I said that. “Yes!” I exclaimed. “That’s my problem. I’m losing it. I’m going crazy.” I sounded deranged even to myself.

 

“What?” He looked at me incredulously.

 

“It’s too overwhelming~!” I was practically bouncing off the walls.

 

Suddenly, he held me firmly by my shoulders and eyed me sternly. “Calm down, will you?”

 

I moaned in defeat. “I am calm.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

I placed my hand on his shoulders as well, supporting my weight with them. Now we probably looked like we were going to tackle each other or something. “Distract me.”

 

“How?” He sounded panicked.

 

“I don’t know. Just do it!” I literally yelled at him.

 

“Alright. Why is it that when people didn’t date first it becomes the downfall of their relationship?” he asked me frantically.

 

Oh God! Of all the things to ask. I answered it anyway. I’ll take everything I could. “Uh…”

 

“Well?”

 

“Because…because they expect too much from each other basing it on the initial things they sense.”

 

“I don’t understand.” He let go of me then and I did the same.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter