Fifty Three: Missing

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Hello guys! This would be my last update for now...I wouldn't be updating for around two weeks max...I'm going back to Germany and I'm not sure if I could update while I'm there...If I'm back earlier, I'll update as soon as I can...Catch up with ya'll later~! ^^ Enjoy reading :)

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

I woke up in the morning, feeling rather good about myself. I haven’t had time in days, surveying the area after D.O. hyung and Shinhye attacked the purist camp three days ago. It had been hectic since the people had actually noticed the hubbub. I was quite relieved when I saw them living life as it was in the village before the first troop came to the capital. It was only a matter of time before the other come for Shinhye, but they wouldn’t get to her that easy, not as long as we were around to protect her. Besides, she wouldn’t go down without a fight. It was impossible after how she orchestrated that assault. It was a busy week, but now that I have the time, I was going to do what I wanted.

Speaking of what I wanted to do, it was going to be payback time. After Shinhye made us all eat those things called gums and practically set our mouths on fire, I wasn’t going to let her off the hook that easily. Not now. She was just lucky that Chan Yeol hyung was there to keep us away from her and I haven’t had the chance to run in to her since then. I haven’t been hearing of further trouble from her either and everything seemed calm, so it was good, but not for her. She still had her end of the deal to fulfill and being the winner in the bet, I was going to relish every moment of it.

It was petty, I know, but I think I would be able to get time to be with her without Baekhyun hyung monopolizing her time. I didn’t make that blazing, green ball stay in my mouth for nothing. She would make a fuss, I was sure, but she’s not talking her way out of it. If I had to pin her down just so she won’t run away then so be it. I smirked to myself. I liked that idea more than I should. I might just do that.

I got out of bed and got ready for the day and proceeded to the breakfast room. “Good morning!” I greeted, scanning the room for my target. She didn’t even look up and she just sat at the corner of the table with Baekhyun hyung who merely nodded to acknowledge my presence.

“Good morning,” came Suho hyung’s prompt greeting.

Kai looked at me, puzzled while Chan Yeol hyung smiled then glanced at Shinhye who hasn’t spoken still.

“Someone woke up on the right side of the bed,” D.O. hyung commented.

I chuckled. “As a matter of fact, I did.” I looked for the nearest seat to where Shinhye was and sat down there. “I’ve got a lot of things to do.”

“Reconnaissance?” Suho hyung asked me.

“No. Not today. I have better things in mind,” I answered then glanced at Shinhye. “Good morning, Shinhye.”

She looked at me briefly, flashing a half smile that didn’t reach her eyes. “Hello, Sehun,” she answered. She sounded dead. Maybe she was still sleepy.

D.O. hyung arched a brow at me. “Better things? Like what?”

I smiled at him, momentarily ignoring that fact that she was being atypically unresponsive. “We had a deal that afternoon at the common room when the lady of the house gave us those gums…spicy gums.”

Suho hyung snickered.

“I remember that clearly,” Kai sulked, cringing at the thought of it. “What were in those anyway, huh, Shinhye?”

We all looked towards her direction. Baekhyun hyung was peeling peaches for her and giving her one slice after the other. She looked at the latest slice he was giving her and looked up at us, blinking slowly. “Cinnamon,” she said then took the peach, looked out of the window and popped it into .

Chan Yeol hyung grimaced.

I arched a brow at him, but ignored it anyway. “Anyway, I won.”

“Yes, you did,” Suho hyung said then glanced at Chan Yeol hyung. “She had been acting strangely since you took her out. What happened?” he said quietly.

“N-nothing,” the Flame Noble answered.

Something was amiss. I decided to save Chan Yeol hyung from the inquisition and eyed her. “I won our deal, Shinhye.”

She didn’t respond. Instead, she slowly touched her lips then her eyes widened as she paled. She jerked up on her seat and stood up, shaking her head as if she was disoriented then she looked at us.

“What is it, Shinhye?” Baekhyun hyung asked, concern drawn all over him.

Realizing what she just did, she sat down again slowly and chuckled ineptly. “Nothing.” She shook her head furiously, making her brunette curls bouncing against her shoulders.

“Did you hear what I said?” I asked her.

She stared at me. “Huh?”

I shot her a bored look. She wasn’t paying attention. “I won our deal.”

“Okay.”

“Okay?” Kai repeated with inflection.

“Yeah,” she said breathily and took the last slice of peach, stuffing it into .

She was acting oddly. “Do you know what that means?”

“Yup!” She chuckled and shook her head. “Just call me when you need something.” She bowed then. “Excuse me.”

“That was easy,” Suho hyung commented. He was right. She’d usually argue first before agreeing to certain matters, but she just said yes.

“You bet,” Baekhyun hyung chimed in.

We all watched her go, passing by the doors to the veranda and jumping off the balustrade. We didn’t see her get up. Suddenly, we heard her yell. “Ouch! Damn it!” Her voice echoed across the yard. It was followed by a train of unintelligible words that she let out through her clenched teeth. We could only surmise that she was cussing. “Stupid shoes!” Everyone tried to scramble of their seats, but then, she stood up. “I’m okay!”

I wrenched my gaze off of the doors and looked at the others. “What just happened?”

 

-Lu Han’s POV-

‘Lu Han!’

I was in the middle of a reverie and was stolen away from it when I heard a voice in my head. My eyes were met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter