Fifty Seven: Coming Clean

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Jinhae’s POV-

I opened my eyes after what seemed like forever, well, figuratively. My eyes were open for a long time then suddenly, I remembered looking up and everything went black momentarily. I blinked slowly, thinking I’ve gone blind, but then, I found myself looking at Lay. I looked to my side and saw Lu Han. They both looked troubled and stunned. By the cottage, there was a tall man that looked like an older version of Tao. I returned my stare to Lay. Why was he looking at me like that? What was happening?

“Do you recognize me?” he asked me slowly as if he was talking to a kindergartener.

Images flashed in my head, mostly Tao and black smoke. What the hell was that all about? Still, I couldn’t think of it at the moment. My brows shot up involuntarily. “What are you talking about?”

Lay looked around at the two people. “She didn’t –” He stopped in mid-thought.

“This is impossible!” the elderly man said angrily.

Okay. What did I do? “Eh?” I was really confused. They were acting crazy or maybe I was. I didn’t know for sure. My head was hurting and I do not remember going to that place with them at all. I noticed how puffy my eyes felt and my face was wet. I reached for my face and slowly grazed my hand across my cheek. It was wet. I was crying. “Why am I crying?” I didn’t remember any kind of sad memory to make me cry like that.

Suddenly, Lay’s gaze returned to me while Lu Han and the older Tao eyed me like I was some spectacle. What the hell?

I laughed awkwardly. “Wae? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Do you know who I am?” Lay asked again in the same pacing he used earlier when he asked me the same question. “Do you recognize us?” He took me by the shoulders.

The elderly man looked at me as if he was in a daze or something. Lu Han looked like he was torn between smiling and going to hysterics while the person in front of me just stared in shock. I didn’t know what caused it.

This was funny and I couldn’t help but laugh. His hands slid off my shoulder as I bent down to control my laughter. I straightened up and looked at him and Lu Han. “Why wouldn’t I?” I smacked Lay on the arm. “You’re acting nuts, dude.”

I veered on my heels and looked around at the strange place. We were on a hill with a tiny cottage nearby and I could see most anything around. It was strange. I don’t remember seeing the place before nor do I remember ever going with them there. I set my arms akimbo, pushing my tongue against my inner cheek as I narrowed my eyes at them. I glanced back. No one has recovered from it.

“Where are we?” I asked.

Lu Han stepped forward and looked at me, searching. What was up with these people? “Are you alright?”

I nodded slowly and placed a hand on his shoulder, moving closer to have a better look at him. “I should be asking you that. What’s wrong with you?”

He shook his head. “You remember me...” He glanced at Lay. “You remember Lay.”

I made a face just to taunt him. “Yah, Lu Hannie, have you gone mad?” I chuckled. “Of course, I do. Why are you asking me these things?”

“Because you lost your memory.”

I shook my head. “No, I did not.”

“You did.”

“What?”

“We’re in Elatus,” he told me then his expressions darkened. “Eighteen years ago.”

My eyes almost bugged out. That’s when I remembered, but I couldn’t recall any of the moments about how we got where we were. I knew I asked Tao to transport us back in time so I would see my mother and I met her. I also met appa and halmeoni. I blinked slowly when I recalled that man who gave off that smoke and after that, I don’t remember anything.

“H-how did I get to this hill?” I asked.

“You were under a spell so you don’t remember.” He looked at the elderly man. “Jinhae, this is Huang Jian Xi, the lord of Huang household in Orodia. He’s Tao’s father and he came to help.”

I stared up at Lu Han. He was really looked very sad and I was bothered by it. Suddenly, random images began flashing in my mind. I yelled at the man, accusing him of taking Tao away from me and my eyes bugged out. “Omo!”

“What is it, Jinhae?” Lay asked me gently.

I ignored him and walked up to Tao’s father. I bowed ninety degrees. “Sir, I am so, so sorry. I-I didn’t d-do that on purpose. I’m sorry for yelling at you like that…I…uh…I didn’t know,” I blurted out, feeling so bad about myself. I yelled at Tao’s father. Oh my god! I just wanted to melt out of embarrassment.

To my surprise, he chuckled. “Rise, young lady. I understand the workings of my brother’s powers. You needn’t apologize.”

Yes. I remembered that dark-caped man who met us at the forest. He called Tao his nephew. He attacked us, but…why? I bowed once more. “Still, I’m very sorry for my behavior.”

“It’s normal.”

“Uh…” I looked at the other two. “Where’s Tao?”

“My son is back to the present time.” He smiled at me then. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Jinhae. I’ve been looking forward to this day.” He bowed this time. “Thank you for caring for my son and the other nobles.”

Okay. I shook my head. “A-aniyo,” I said, waving my hands. “They are the ones taking care of me, not the other way around.” I grimaced. “I’ve caused this. If I hadn’t asked for Tao to –”

“It isn’t your fault. We understand your situation,” his appa told me.

I bowed again. “Thank you, sir.”

“Now we must get back.”

I nodded and Lay smiled at me, tapping my shoulder. “It’s good to have you back.”

“Thanks for coming for me. Let’s go.” We started off down the hill when I noticed that Lu Han wasn’t following us. I slacked off and came back for him. He was gazing out into the horizon. It was really bothering me. I have to remember to ask him about it when we get back.

“Hannie?” I said, trying to get his attention.

He slowly looked at me and flashed a small smile. “I’m coming.”

I stood beside him and took his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. “You have a beautiful home. I can’t wait to visit again.”

He looked at me. Again, his eyes were searching mine. “Let’s go.”

I nodded and followed him down the hill where Tao’s appa stood. Beside him was a vortex. Lu Han held my hand and nodded and in that same instant, we were standing at the back gardens of Zhang manor where all the others were, including Lady Jiao Liang.

“Jinhae!” they all chorused.

I smiled and waved at them. “Annyeong~!”

Xiu Min ran to me and gave me a hug. “Mei-mei~! I’m so glad you’re safe.”

I beamed at him. “It’s good to see you.”

Chen patted my head. “It’s good to have you back, Jinhae.”

For some reason, I missed them, too. I might have lost my memory, but it was as if my heart knew that they have been gone from me for some time. “I missed you, too, Chen-Chen~!”

Tao rushed to me and bowed. “I’m sorry, Jinhae. I wasn’t able to protect you. I…” His voice trailed off and he looked at me nervously.

“You did well, Tao. Thank you. Don’t apologize. It’s okay. We’re safe. It doesn’t matter.”

He smiled at me then I looked up to see Lady Jiao Liang nodding at me. “Welcome back, Jinhae.”

“It’s good to see you, your grace.” I bowed slightly.

She smiled again, showing that dimple that Lay got from her. Xiao was also there. He bowed slightly.

“I will have tea prepared, “Lady Jiao Liang said and Xiao followed her to the manor.

I watched them go when suddenly, someone grabbed me and hugged me tight. I looked up and saw Kris. He cupped the back of my head against his chest while he held me close. Mmm. He smelled so good. To my utter surprise, I felt him press his cheek against my hair. I froze. It was the first time he’d be doing something so affectionate toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter