Ninety One: Wasted Emotions

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Hello guys~! Updates for you ^^

 

-Chan Yeol’s POV-

It could have been perfect…

That Wind Noble just had to appear at the wrong place and time. I could be having fun with Shinhye now, probably talking about something about us, but she made me get water for the vase instead while she chose Sehun to stay with her and help her fix the flowers. If he hadn’t then maybe we would be doing things together and after interrupting us, he still had the nerve to comment nastily on the flowers I gave her. He was just jealous for not being able to think of something like that. I didn’t care about what he said anyway as long as Shinhye said they were beautiful. What she says matters and what he does just doesn’t.

I couldn’t be sure if he was doing all those things because he was angry at me or because his competitive side when it comes to Shinhye was coming to the surface. He made sure I realized everything he said to me after we had that unpleasant encounter at the back gardens of the Portian palace which was mostly my fault. He just didn’t want to accept my apology. Still, if he’d just keep on doing that, I didn’t have any choice but to retaliate. If that’s how he wanted things then so be it. I wasn’t just going to stand there while I watch him take away the only person that meant the world to me.

I went to the pantry and filled the vase with water, going back as quickly as I could to the drawing room. I was about to enter the room when she said something to Sehun. I stopped dead on my tracks, staring at the floor as I leaned on the wall beside the door, listening to their conversation.

“I thought I made my self clear,” she said with a hint of impatience.

“I want to hear it from you anyway,” he answered. “Won’t you say it again?”

Say what again? I had a bad feeling about it, but I’d rather hear it than wonder all day what she said to him that he wanted to hear her say again. I could only think of one thing that he’d want to hear over and over again from her.

“Okay,” Shinhye said.

Here it comes.

“I…”

I closed my eyes as she began her words, gripping the vase tightly, hoping that my notions weren’t true.

“…Ahn Shinhye, am in love…” She paused then I heard slight shuffling from inside then she killed me with her mere words. Each syllable uttered was a knife driven into my chest. “…with Oh Sehun.”

I turned away, feeling the floor under me shifting though it wasn’t moving. I felt like I would fall as I walked away, hurrying as I staggered towards the intersecting hallway, feeling everything crumbling around me. Everything was clearer to me now, but I still didn’t know what to do. I don’t know the solution to the pain I felt inside, rising from my chest and rapidly going up to my head and all over my body, making it harder to breathe by the second.

I shook my head, leaning against the window pane, straightening up as I shook my head. I’ve made my resolve. Since I’d be leaving the next day, I couldn’t possibly just watch. I was still around and he was already keeping her to himself. I could already imagine what he could do once I was gone. I knew the consequences of what I did, but I can do something about it. It wasn’t too late.

Still, I was angry. I can’t even explain how I really felt. It was dominant though. I walked into the back gardens. She chose Sehun. That’s what is’ going to be, but I wasn’t going to give up on her, not for him and not for the misery I would feel soon enough. I walked out into the foyer, making my way out. My grip tightened around the vase with each step I took. I passed my sister and Suho hyung as they sat on the fallen log at the edge of the woods, not caring to look at them. My eyes filled with tears and the vase finally broke under the pressure of my hand, tearing my palm on different places. Blood trickled down my fingers as blue flames came to life, through my sleeves. I raised my hand, stopping as I aimed a ball of fire towards the trees. I was about to hurl it away when I felt a tight grip on my arm.

I turned around and saw Baekhyun hyung with Suho hyung and my Min Chan noona, all of them looking alarmed. I put my hand down and the fire died down. Now all I could see was blood dripping down on the damp eart.

“What happened to you?” Baekhyun hyung murmured, lifting my wounded hand to take a closer look at it. He grimaced. “What did you do?”

My sister rushed to my side when she stepped on something that crunched from the pressure of her feet. She moved away and saw the broken shards of the porcelain vase I broke. “Did you just…” She shook her head, momentarily looking like she would pummel my head for breaking one of her collections. “Is it Shinhye?” she asked.

I didn’t answer.

“What happened, Chan Yeol?” Suho hyung asked.

I stared at ground. “It’s over…”

Baekhyun hyung arched a brow at me. “What is?”

“She chose…she chose Sehun…” Tears fell from my eyes upon admitting it. “I heard it.”

The light noble shook his head. “No, she didn’t…”

I stood up and took him by the shoulder. “I heard it! That’s as real as it could get so don’t tell me that it isn’t the case because I heard Shinhye saying the words with my own ears!” I growled at him.

He chuckled then.

“What’s so amusing about that?”

“Shouldn’t Sehun be the one sulking like that right now?” he asked.

“What are you saying?” I demanded. “He should be happy because he just heard her say that she was in love with him.”

Suho hyung nodded in agreement.

The younger of the two shook his head in exasperation. “As much as she is in love with you.”

“What?”

“She told Sehun that she was in love with him as much as she is with you. Now why are you being like that?”

“N-no…”

“I was supposed to go there and now, I’m telling you that you left two seconds too early.”

“No, I didn’t –”

“I knew what you heard and even if I’m lying right now then would you have given up on her that easily?!” he snarled at me. There was no mistake especially with the tone he was using. He wasn’t lying at all.

I shook my head, looking down in shame. How could I have left and why was I eavesdropping anyway.

“Good. Now go back to whatever you were doing with her and Sehun and…” He eyed my hand. “Patch that up! I won’t see you like this again fro the rest of the day, do you understand?”

I looked at him with wide eyes as I nodded, glancing at my sister who was preventing laughter and Suho hyung who looked just as stunned.

“Go back to the drawing room. That’s an order,” he said then turned away and left.

Min Chan hit my arm with her fist. “Stupid kid. Just go already. What are you waiting for?” She laughed then, taking Suho hyung by the arm. “Can you believe he’s my brother?” she asked him as they walked off.

I felt all that for…nothing?

 

-Shinhye’s POV-

“Yah, Oh Sehun!” I said from the table when he suddenly sat down, looking like he lost in a game of cards. I chuckled. “You’re not going to sulk about that, are you? I’m being honest because I don’t want you to be expecting more than what there is and that applies to Chan Yeol, too.” I wasn’t looking at him the whole time, cleaning up the mess on the table before Chan Yeol arrives. After disposing off with the leaves and clipped stems, I came back, but still, he wasn’t there.

“Did he come back yet?” I asked Sehun.

He just looked at me and sighed heavily.

I narrowed my eyes at him then turned around, seeing no sense in talking to him. “I’ll go check on Chan Yeol.” I was about to reach the door when he held me back, taking my arm and turning me around.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured, looking at me like a pitiful puppy who lost his mom.

I touched the tip of his nose lightly. “It’s fine. Just stop sulking.”

“I can’t help it.”

“I said I love you, didn’t I?”

“Yes, but you just killed me by saying you were also in love with hyung.”

I felt guilt running through me when he said that, but I smiled anyway. “That’s what I feel. Can you blame me if that’s how things are?”

He shook his head. “No…I didn’t say that.”

“Then don’t feel bad anymore. You’re equals to me and that won’t change anytime soon unless I see something worth changing. I keep score, you see?”

“Score?”

I nodded. “You can’t know the basis though. That would be…” I stopped when I heard thoughts in my mind.

‘Shin-Shin!’

“Yes?” Sehun prompted. “Why not?”

I glanced at him. “It would be unfair.” I nodded then pulled my arm back. ‘What is the matter with you?!’ I snarled at my sister in my mind. Damn it. She was giving me a heart attack. ‘I was talking to someone just so you know.’

‘Sorry. I just…’

I sensed trouble when I saw Lu Han flashing through her mind. “What’s the matter with Lu Han?” I asked aloud.

‘He’s acting weird.’

“Lu Han?” Sehun asked. “Who is that?”

‘Who’s there?’

Oh snap. I forgot I had company. I smiled at him. “Sorry. I was supposed to ask about Chan Yeol, but my friend’s name from the human world just came up.”

‘Oh. Now you hang out with both of them?’

‘Is it my fault if they keep popping out of nowhere to be with me?’

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter