Lost

Elyxo: Into Your World [UNDER RECONSTRUCTION]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SHINHYE

I’m dead. I was sure of it, but why did I still hurt too much? My head felt like it was going to explode, the pain concentrated on the right side. I couldn’t feel my legs and my arms felt like they were going to be torn off from my shoulders as if I’ve been hanging on some ropes for a whole day. What the hell did I do anyway? I couldn’t remember anything.

 

Once again, images started flashing in my mind’s eye, random things that weren’t coherent. The last thing I saw was the face of someone I didn’t recognize, but just the mere sight of him made me feel safe again. The person told me repeatedly to stay with him. Stay? Where was I going? He kept assuring me that I will be safe and sound, but I couldn’t even remember the danger I’ve been through. I was looking for someone as well. I was looking for…

 

My eyes flew open swiftly and I found myself sitting up as air filled my lungs in an overwhelming amount. It’s as if I was breathing again for the first time. My eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness and I found myself looking around what seemed to be a bedroom. I don’t remember ever seeing such a place, high ceilings, ornate walls, a four poster bed? Was I transported to some realm in the past? Maybe a wealthy person picked me up from the dreadful forest. My eyes widened. I remembered what happened, but it didn’t make any sense at all. Nothing did. Not the giant bird and definitely not the person who was speaking to me. My head hurt like hell the more I thought about it, but then, I remembered Jinhae. Where was my sister? I heard her calling for me before I lost all consciousness.

 

I kicked off the sheets from my legs, but before I could take it off of me, my body fell limply back on the bed as if I’ve been shot by a tranquilizer. I fell sideways and saw myself on the mirror opposite the bed. I was a mess. I had dark rings under my eyes, my hair was in a great disarray while a white bandage was swathed across my forehead. No wonder it hurt that much. My eyes slowly made its way to my legs. More bandages. I was lucky that it was all I’ve suffered after falling off that cliff. I should be dead by now. I narrowed my eyes at myself then noticed that I wasn’t wearing the clothes I wore before. Instead, I was clad in what seemed to be a man’s oversized, button-up shirt. It extended halfway to my thighs. It got me to wonder who changed my clothes. 

 

That wasn’t important anymore. I had to look for Jinhae. I heaved myself up, shaking as I willed my arms to support my weight. It took great effort to make myself sit up straight. I felt nauseous, but I still swung my legs off the bed. I still couldn’t feel them. I felt tears falling from my eyes, running down my unusually warm cheeks. I wiped them with my hands. They scraped against my skin. Surprised, I looked at both of my hands. Numerous small, but deep cuts were all over my palms. I was sobbing before I knew it. If I was in this kind of situation, I wondered how Jinhae was fairing. I hope she wasn’t in a bad shape and that someone was taking care of her in my place.

 

I tried to stand up and fell with a dull thud on the carpeted floor. I winced in pain, but I still willed myself to stand up even as more tears fell. I was sweating profusely and it was even hard for me to breathe. Suddenly, I felt thirsty. There was a pitcher and a glass on the nightstand. I stood up again and limped towards it. I held the bronze pitcher, but it was too heavy for my hands to hold so it fell on the floor, spilling the water all over it. 

 

“Damn it!” I hissed under my breath. I felt so pathetic. I couldn’t even do the simplest things. I stopped crying feeling enraged as to why I was feeling that way. I walked towards the door, dragging my injured leg, holding onto everything I could reach. I was halfway towards it when I heard a gusty, popping sound behind me. I quickly veered around and ended up falling again when I saw a guy standing at the other side of the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter