Flashbacks

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 2

~Flashbacks~

 

Just like any other day, you drove home from your college. You were a freshmen in college but being too bound to your parents you did not live on campus. Being in Vancouver it was freezing even though it was already spring. It is March so what the hell is wrong with this weather seriously? You were dreaming of going into your house and getting a cup of hot tea and settling in under your blankets.

 

Unfortunately something else was waiting for you at home. Something dreadful. Your parents had their serious face on and were sitting in the living room.

“What’s going on?” You questioned and walked up towards their direction.

“Sit down we need to talk.” Your dad said without looking at you.

“O…kay…” You muttered and sat on the sofa across your parents.

“We have some news for you. You know how your dad was going to merge his company with a bigger one?” Your mother started.

“Yes?” They had been talking about this forever, of course you knew.

“Well, they are saying that the only way for the agreement to be secure is by bonding the two families together with a marriage. They have a son around your age so you are going to get engaged.” Your dad stated.

Your jaw literally dropped. “W-wh-what?” You couldn’t even shout at them. Your voice was gone. “Arranged marriage? In the 21st century? Oh you guys are too fast with the April Fool’s joke.” You smiled but your parents didn’t.

“You can’t be serious.” Your eyes grew as big as saucers.

“We can very well be. He is a rich educated man. A perfect candidate to be our son in law. Why would you pass at this chance?” Your mother questioned.

Because I am not in love and because I am only 19 years old! “Hah!” You scoffed. “I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED. NO WAY IN HELL. I’LL JUST DIE INSTEAD!” You shouted at them and ran up to your room. I am only nineteen years old, and I don’t even know this guy.

 

You sat on your bed and thought of ways to get yourself out of it. But you just couldn’t find anything. So you called your best friend. After hearing the story your friend cursed your luck for a very long time in a very vulgar way.

“What am I going to do, Amy?” You wondered. Amy was your long term friend that you grew up with. She was also Chinese-Canadian like you.

“Lian. There is only one way out of this. Get a freaking ticket to Korea or China or wherever your brother is and run away. You always talk about how awesome he is. He will take care of you I’m sure.” She suggested.

Amy never really liked Kris because he seems arrogant on the outside due to his cold personality but she also knew how much he cared about you.

You thought about it for a while. It didn’t sound so bad. It actually made sense.

“Are you there?” Amy asked.

“Huh? Yeah. You know what Amy I love you. I am so going to look for a plane ticket right now.” You told her and got on your IPAD. You were glad that your parents did not freeze your credit cards after your outburst. You were able to book a ticket early in the morning.

Your parents did not bother you since they thought you were in your room thinking and reflecting about your disrespectful actions. Instead you were on the phone with Amy the whole time while packing your necessities. Then you wrote a letter for your parents telling them that you were running away until they changed their minds and that your car would be parked at the airport’s garage if they wanted it back.

Smiling to yourself you got into your car after making sure that your parents were deep asleep and headed to the airport.

You did not really think about anything but just running away from it all. You stopped by Amy’s house and told her your goodbyes before heading to South Korea. It was a good thing that you had your passport and visa was ready for Korea. Your parents were planning in visiting your brother around the time of his debut so you were actually ready for everything.

~

A/N: Sorry about the lack of EXO in this chapter but this was needed for the plot to move on. :) :) First two chapters are like short introductions. EXO will appear soon in the story (next chapter!~). I will post up chapter 3 when I wake up tomorrow morning. Until then keep on commenting and letting me know about your thoughts on the plot :) I and thank you guys to who subscribed with just the first chapter :) 

As I said you can check out my other stories while you wait for the updates on this one :) Have a lovely day.

Oh and since this chapter lacked EXO I shall entertain you with some gifs:

DO's expressions are so cute ide.

then we have the Baekhyun hottie.

and this macro gif cracked me up: for those who dont know what this is about can click here to see the video.