Revelations

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 27

Revelations

 

After dinner everyone headed to the hotel rooms to sleep in. Most of the guys were drunk badly. You hadn’t drunk any alcohol so your senses were fully awake.

Kris had told you that he had to talk to Henry and told you to go to the room ahead of him. You gave him a questioning look but obliged. He could talk to Henry tomorrow… What’s his hurry anyways?

You pouted in confusion and got into the elevator. Luhan and Lay were also in the elevator with you. You looked at them and laughed. Lay was swaying from side to side and Luhan was scrunching his eyes to keep focused.

“Oh you guys are so wasted. I’ll be laughing tomorrow when you have hangovers.” You cracked up.

“I’m not drunk!” Lay argued. “I’m just too tired and sleepy.” He nodded.

Luhan sighed and did not even bother answering. His senses were starting to come back to him already and he did not like the way his head was pounding. He had drunk so much because of you anyways. He wasn't going to argue with his feelings anymore. It gave him too much headache. He knew the love he felt for you were not brotherly after all. 

The elevator came to a stop and the three of you exited. You walked up to your door and Luhan followed you. You stopped in front of your door.

You turned around and faced him, raising one eyebrow. “You’re rooming with Lay. You should follow him not me.”

“I know.” He sighed.

“Well, then. Goodnight.” You turned around and took out the door card from your pocket to open the door.

“I need to talk to you, though.” He frowned. He did not like how you weren’t even facing him.

He grabbed your hand and made you turn around, keeping you from unlocking the door. You looked down at your hands.

You tilted your head in confusion, “What do you want to talk about?” You asked and could slightly smell beer on his breath.

“What do you think of me? Do you still hate me?” He asked looking at you straight in the eye. You felt intimidated and looked away.

“What do you mean? Are you drunk?” I never hated you, idiot. It was you that hated me.

“Then answer this? What does Henry mean to you? Or… what about Tao?” He questioned.

“What the hell Luhan? I think you need to go to sleep.” You stated, nodding. 

His grip on your hand tightened and he gave you an almost pleading look. “Can you stop dodging my questions and answer?”

Luhan did not know why he was acting like this. Okay, that was a lie. He knew. He was in love with you and he did not like how you messed up with his heart and mind. He was getting jealous of his friends who were like brothers to him.

You made him feel insecure and utterly jealous. He wanted straight answers from you and being under the influence of alcohol allowed him to gain the courage ask these questions directly to you. He knew that he would be regretting this the next morning but at the moment that did not matter.

 

 

Meanwhile Kris was talking to Henry at a secluded corner of the hotel’s bar.

“Can’t we talk tomorrow morning? I’m tired.” Henry whined like a cute kid to escape from Kris’ questions but it did not work this time. Kris eyed him up and down.

“No. We have to talk now. This has been eating me ever since I talked to my parents a few days ago,” Kris stated firmly and waited for Henry’s reaction to see if he knew what Kris was going to interrogate him about.

“Oh you know?” Henry asked, sounding surprisingly calm.

“You mean who my parents are planning on engaging my sister with? Yeah I know.” He nodded, sitting up on his seat.

“Then, why do you want to talk to me?” Henry leaned towards the small table in between them, placing his elbow and propping his head up on his hands.

“I want to know about your opinion on this.” Kris stated. “To be honest I don’t think Lina would have ran away from home if she knew it was you.”

“Are you sure? I think she would be more mad since she sees me and trusts me as a brother. No matter what I do she is never going to return my feelings.”

“Wait, what?” Kris was befuddled. “You like Lina? Are you out of your mind?”

“No. I always had a small crush on her, I think. When I heard that my parents were thinking about my engagement I was angry of course. Can you believe it? An Idol getting married so young? They actually went through my contract with SM and learned that in four years I would be allowed to date openly. And guess what? Lina graduates in four years! What’s more is that she comes from an honorable rich family, who also happens to be the daughter of a close family friend. Perfect candidate for a fiancé and for a good business agreement.”

Kris seemed deep in thought. “If you like her then why did you oppose it as well?”

“It’s because I like her.” Henry said like it made perfect sense. “I don’t want her to suffer because of me. I was kind of glad when I learned that she ran off. It meant I did not have to actually do anything. But now seeing her here-“

“You see it as a good opportunity to make her fall for you.” Kris completed for him.

“Exactly. If she stops seeing me more than a brother then I might actually have a chance with her. It would make our families happy, too.” He nodded with a frown. 

“Then, I’ll support you in this.” Kris said, “When are you going to tell her that you are the one she is betrothed to?”

“I don’t think I can. It seems like she already has someone else in her heart.” Henry frowned. He remembered how you looked at Luhan and how your actions changed around him. Your eyes had a different sparkle to them when Luhan was around. He couldn’t compete with that and he wasn't going to push his chances.

“What? That’s nonsense. Who can she possibly like?” Kris asked, confused. Henry was the perfect candidate for a brother in law. He cared for you and was not some old creepy rich guy.

“I don’t want to worry you…” Henry said. He did not think it was wise to let Kris know.

“It can only be EXO-M or someone from the staff. She hasn’t been around anyone long enough to fall for them…” He stopped and his eyes widened, “Don’t tell me?! Is it Tao?!” No wonder I caught them sleeping together at that time, Kris nodded to himself.

Henry tried his best to keep from face-palming himself. “You are seriously blind, Kris.” He sighed, giving up. “It’s Luhan you .”

Kris’ eyes widened. “What? They hate each other. They bicker all the time. Lina can’t possibly like Luhan. You’re wrong.” He shook his head in denial and smiled. “Anyways, continue to make Lina fall for you. It’s for the best in the end.” He patted Henry’s shoulder in assurance.

 

 

You shook your head at Luhan’s questions. What’s gotten into him today?

“Look deer boy. I see Tao and Henry and every other male around me the same way I see Kris. A brother. Nothing more nothing less.” You frowned.

“What about me?” He questioned. Definitely not a brother, you wanted to say but didn’t. How were you supposed to answer to that?

“What about you?” You questioned back, instead.

“What do you see me as?” He asked again.

“Well…” You looked away from his piercing gaze once again. You did not know how to answer that. You couldn’t possibly confess to him right now, not when he was most likely drunk.

“I don’t know.” You whispered.

“Then am I a brother to you as well?” He questioned disappointment evident in his tone.

You looked up at him and met his gaze once again. He is drunk; he won’t remember this tomorrow anyways. You got the courage from the dark and empty hallways of the hotel and got on your tiptoes.

“Definitely not.” You whispered by his ear. His eyes widened at that. Before he could reply you placed a quick kiss on his cheek, closer to his jawline.

You swiftly turned away from him and slid the card at the door unlocking it and closing it behind you.

Luhan’s hand moved involuntarily towards the spot where you had kissed him. What does that even mean? He furrowed his eyebrows but a genuine smile crept up to his lips. He headed back to his room deep in thought.

 

You placed a hand over your beating heart. What did I do? Oh God. I hope he doesn’t remember it. Ah, stupid Lina! Acting without thinking!

You changed into your sleeping gear and headed to your bed.  Kris came into the room soon and went to sleep right away without telling you anything. You could not sleep. You kept on tossing and turning. What have I done? You touched your lips and shivered. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

Kris' eyes shot open, "If you keep on moving I swear I'll tie you down on your bed. Stop! I can't sleep!" He warned and closed his eyes once again.

You gulped and stopped moving. If Kris said something he would do it after all. "Sorry. Good night!" You turned around and finally drifted to sleep.

---

A/N: Hello Lovelies. Thank you for all the comments and subs I appriciate it. :)

As most of you have guessed, Henry is the one Lina is supposed to get engaged to, but poor Lina she still doesn't know. 

Anyways as for the EXO poll Baekhyun is in the lead with Kris following by closely.

Also, I got a new poster from greasybacon. It's really pretty!~ Thank you <3

cr: gifs, etc are not mine as usual.