The Bet

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 30

The Bet

 

 

You and EXO-M headed to the dorms straight away from the plane ride to unpack. EXO-M would have to go to the SM building to practice for EXO’s united performances afterwards. Kris keyed in the passcode and the door to EXO’s dorm clicked open. You could hear the loud voices of the EXO-K boys coming from the other side of the door.

You followed behind the EXO-M members and were the last one to enter the dorm. At the sight of you Baekhyun rushed to your side and gave you a quick hug.

“Here is the person I was waiting for!” He exclaimed with a goofy smile. Luhan eyed Baekhyun with distaste.

Sehun pushed Baekhyun aside, out of his way and gave you a hug as well. “Noona! I missed you!” He stated smiling at you. You smiled back at him, it was hard not to when he had the cutest eye smile.

Luhan eyed his best friend, “Back off.” He muttered more to himself but Sehun’s ears picked it up.

Relax. I am not going to steal my best friend’s girl away.” He rolled his eyes without even glancing at Luhan.

EXO-M and you looked at EXO-K in shock. “How did you guys know?” Luhan questioned finally.

Well, did you think that Chen here could keep his mouth shut? He texted us right before you guys got on that plane.” Kai smirked, crossing his arms. Suho gave them an apologetic but amused look. Chen ducked his head, trying to make himself invisible.

Baekhyun stood beside Chanyeol and opened up his palm, “Pay up. I won the bet.” He smirked proudly.

That’s not fair.” Chanyeol whined. He did not like losing.

What bet?” You and Luhan questioned at the same time.

Aww look them they even talk in sync. How cute!~” Baekhyun mused in an almost mocking way. Luhan and Kris glared at Baekhyun for a few seconds before rolling their eyes.

Baekhyun was going to make a comment about how Luhan and his brother in law was in sync as well but decided to keep his mouth shut as he feared Kris a little bit.

Anyways, I had a bet with Yeollie here,” he pointed to Chanyeol with his thumb. Chanyeol just smiled goofily at you, looking a bit guilty.

I told Chanyeollie that one of the M members were bound to fall for Kris’ little sister here but he didn’t believe me. He believed that one would not look at a bro’s sister that way. So we had a bet, simple really.” He nodded.

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at Baekhyun’s underlying remarks. “Hey! Then what does that make me?!” He complained cutely and everyone laughed heartily.

We’re just playing around.” Sehun smiled cutely.

Wait how did you know that me and Luhan would you know…” You couldn’t finish your sentence and ended up very flushed.

Baekhyun smiled at you cute antics, “You are too cute and pretty to miss you know. Even I had a small crush on you for a few seconds,” Luhan and Kris glared at Baekhyun again; “Before I realized that you weren’t my type.” He added quickly. He glanced at Chanyeol and made money gestures with his right hand. Chanyeol sighed and headed to his room to get his wallet.

You did not know whether to be flattered or annoyed by that. Kris pulled you closer to him and put a protective arm around you. He then glared at his bandmates. I have to keep my eyes on everyone.

"Wait how come your Korean improved so greatly?" Suho questioned. He remembered how you used to use Kris as your personal translator.

"Well, I was helping Xiumin oppa with his Mandarin while he helped me with Korean during his free times." You smiled.

"What? How come I didn't know that?" Luhan questioned throwing Xiumin jealous glances. You did not even bother answering Luhan. Xiumin just looked at Luhan with a secretive smile plastered on his lips to make his friend even more flustrated.

D.O was the first one to break the slightly awkward silence, “Let’s eat before the managers get here to take us to SM.” He smiled.

Kimchi spaghetti?” Your eyes widened in happiness. You could even see Lay grinning by your side at the thought of Kyungsoo’s special dish.

You got it.” He grinned with a wink and headed to the kitchen. You were about to follow him to help but he stopped you.

Go rest. You just came here.” He grinned.

Arasso.” You did not argue and plopped down on the couch. Kris went to his room to change. Luhan took this opportunity to sit beside you. He literally jumped towards the couch.

He placed an arm around your shoulders. He nuzzled closer to your face, his nose touching your hair. “I missed you.” He sighed in content.

“Fool we were together the whole ride.” You grinned happily.

“Yeah but Kris was there to us every second.” He frowned.

The rest of the EXO members who saw this scene frowned in disgust. “Yeah just rub it in our faces that we are still single.” Kai frowned.

“I think I am going to throw up.” Sehun exclaimed with a laugh. Luhan rolled his eyes at his immature bandmates.

Tao did not like this sight and headed to the kitchen to help Kyungsoo. It was just a small crush… so why does this hurt so much? I wasn’t in love with her… was I?

 

 

Kris got out of his room and found the living room empty with some of the members in the kitchen and some in their rooms. You were sitting with Luhan on the couch telling him a story animatedly while he had his arms around you.

He was about to storm over and give his lecture about PDA but stopped in his tracks when he saw your smiling face. You looked genuinely happy around Luhan and vice versa. This complicates things. You were supposed to fall for Henry and make both of the parents happy. It was an easy solution. So why did you have to fall for Luhan? I can’t tell him to keep away from you. He is my friend, too. Who am I supposed to side with?!

He glanced at you two once more and walked towards the kitchen and talked loud enough for you to hear him, “Do Kyungsoo! Is our lunch ready?!” He called acting like he did not see you and Luhan being all cuddly.

Booming voice of Kris reached your ears. You pulled away from Luhan hurriedly, sitting a few feet away from him on the couch. Luhan frowned but he did not want to piss off Kris so he did not do anything.

Kris glanced at you two sideways and smirked. Good. He scoffed and entered the kitchen.

 

You soon heard the booming voice of D.O as he kicked everyone out of the kitchen. “YAH ALL OF YOU! STOP MUNCHING ON THE FOOD ALREADY. THERE WON’T BE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE. GET OUT. NOW!”

You and Luhan turned your heads to look at Kris, Tao, Lay, Xiumin, and Suho who looked like little guilty kids.

The sight was too funny to not laugh.

 

Soon enough the lunch was finally ready and Kyungsoo called everyone to get their food. The managers came in around half an hour later when everyone was nearly done eating. The boys of EXO got ready to leave for their company to practice.

EXO-M’s manager glanced at you and felt bad about leaving you behind for once. “Do you want to come to SM with us?” He offered with a poker face on.

“Can I? Really?” Your eyes lit up in excitement.

“You are here on an internship after all. It’s all for the experience.” He explained.

“Of course.” You jumped from your seat and headed to the door also. Everyone exited the dorm. Suho was the last one to key in the code to lock the door.

Luhan stayed behind and grabbed your hand while both of you walked down the stairs. Everyone was going ahead so the managers would not catch the two of you. He glanced at you with a shy smile. You smiled back at him, blushing at his small gesture. He soon pulled away before exiting from the main gates since there were fans outside the dorms as well.

You did not feel too disheartened when Luhan pulled away. You were too excited to see the company building for the first time.

--

A/N: Hello everyone!~ Thank you for the lovely comments as usual :) Sorry about the slightly late update. 

Have a nice day!~ :)

CR: gifs don't belong to me. I had so many chanyeol and baekhyun gifs saved I did not know which one to choose but man I did not have enough Sehun gifs saved and the ones I did was when he was his lips cutely and stuff but no eyesmile gifs. OTL.