The End

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 40

The End

 

 

You were in line along with other Exo fans waiting to get your own copy of the MAMA album signed by them. Of course you had a different motive than the rest of the people in line but they did not have to know that.

 

One month ago from today you had talked to Sehun on the phone where he had told you that he had your ticket to Exo Planet. That ticket had turned into a job application form for SM. Since you were fired from your intern position, it had become a vacancy and SM wanted to actually hire someone as Exo-M’s assistant.

You had told Sehun that this was crazy but hey it was worth the try as he put it. You had to send in your application and wait for the interview date to arrive. This is where Kris had come into the picture to help you. After talking to the people in charge he had managed to get you an interview earlier and faster but that still had taken a whole month.

During this time you had talked to Luhan on the phone frequently but not as much because he was busy. You did not tell him anything about applying for a job in SM because there was a very high chance of you not getting the job after the whole fiasco.

After the long interview and the fact that you were blood related to Kris had paid off and you got the job. They had liked your bravery to face them again after the whole scandal.

 

 

So Exo had no idea that you were in Korea, let alone at their fansign event. Everyone except Luhan knew about your job application but they did not know that today was the day that you would be coming.

It’s your turn, hurry up!” One of the people in charge warned you, bringing you back to reality from your thoughts.

Oh, sorry.” You bowed and hurried towards the long table that EXO was seated at.

The first one in line was Suho. When he looked up his eyes widened in shock. “Li-

Hush.” You put a finger to your lips to silence him. You gave him a playful smile as he signed your copy of the MAMA album. The other members had similar reactions but you had asked them to keep quiet. Kris' surprised face was a sight to see.

Xiumin smiled at the sight of you with a playful glint. He did not say anything and quietly signed your album. Next to Xiumin was Luhan seated. He did not look up from the album, “Your name is?” He asked softly.

Wu Lina imnida!” You announced. At that Luhan looked up and blinked several times. “Lina?

Yes. I’m Chinese as well so sign it in Chinese please.” You said in a very hyper fangirl voice. Right then the security urged you to move on because of the people waiting behind you. Luhan did not have any chance to interrogate you more or to even react properly as he had to sign the album and move on. Then you moved to Sehun, the last EXO member seated.

He gave you a thumbs up that was not visible to Luhan. You smirked and left the scene. Now you had to wait for Exo to be done with their schedule.

Luhan watched you disappear within the crowds of fangirls, extremely confused. Once the fansign was over Exo huddled into their van to go back to their dorm for the day.

Lina was here today, right?” Luhan asked the moment everyone was seated down. Everyone gave him a confused look that read, WTF?

What are you talking about?” Kris asked.

Lina was here today. I saw her.

No, she wasn’t.” Xiumin said with a straight face.

I’m sure I would have recognized my own sister. Maybe it was someone that looked like her.” Kris shrugged and closed his eyes to sleep, finishing up the conversation.

Luhan sighed and gazed out the window. Am I going crazy? I am sure it was her! I can't be delusional!

 

 

Meanwhile, you were in EXO’s dorm preparing the table with a nice dinner. It was going to be fun seeing Luhan’s reaction. You set up the plates and the Korean dishes that you had finally managed to learn how to cook.

Soon enough you heard the security go off as the door clicked open. You were standing at the end of the hallway, waiting for the boys to walk in fully.

The boys smiled at you and started talking all together making it impossible for Luhan to react properly. He knew it was you standing in front of him but what if that was a delusion? Obviously not, since the boys were talking to you as if you were never gone in the first place.

The boys’ mouths watered at the sight of delicious food that was set up on the table.

Yes!” Chanyeol threw his hands up in air, “No more Kimchi Spaghetti.

D.O glared at him sideways, “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.”

Sorry Kyungsoo umma!~” Chanyeol cooed.

Ungrateful kids.” He sighed. “Let’s wash up and eat.” D.O added and everyone headed to the bathrooms to clean up before dinner.

You hid in the kitchen until they were done. Luhan still hadn’t strike a conversation with you. It seemed like he was too confused at what was going on.

 

Soon everyone was sitting at the table eating their dinner. You were also sitting with them, conversing in Korean as Henry had given you some lessons while you were staying in Canada.

Luhan just watched quietly as s treated you like you were not gone at all. No one asked you questions about why you were here or what you were going to do.

He couldn’t take it anymore. He slammed his hands on the table and stood up. “ENOUGH!” The table quieted down immediately as everyone gazed at Luhan in confusion, “Stop messing around with my mind.

With that he grabbed your hand and yanked you out of your seat. “What-“ Before you could respond you found yourself being dragged out of the dorms. He barely gave you enough time to put on your shoes!

 

It was nearly midnight so it was pretty dark and vacant outside. Luhan took you to a nearby park and stopped in front of the swings.

“Talk.” He crossed his arms.

You gave him an amused look, “What should I say?”

“Why did you not tell me that you were coming? Why did you not say anything to me? Why were you acting like nothing was out of the norm?!”

“Well, for the last one it was amusing to see you so confused.” You replied.

He narrowed his eyes at you but he did not look angry. He was just confused. “Well, I didn’t tell you because I came here for a job interview and I did not want to give you false hope…” You trailed off.

“And? Did you get the job?”

“YES!” You replied, your eyes shining with happiness and accomplishment. “I am now employed by SM as a personal assistant for EXO-M. Please treat me well,” You added formally as if Luhan was your boss. Well, technically he was.

His eyes widened in surpise. As he took in the information a bright smile appeared on his lips. “Are you serious? You are not joking right? ‘Cause if you are-“

“Relax.” You let out a hearty laugh. “I’m serious. Well, it was thanks to Sehun and Kris really. They had to pull a few string to get me the job but hey I am here and that’s all that matters.”

With that, Luhan wrapped his arms around you and spun you around in glee as you giggled. “So you are staying here for good?” He asked once more for confirmation. It was too good to be true.

“Yup!~” You smirked. “You are not gonna be able to get rid of me that easily this time.”

“I’m okay with that.” He smiled gently.

 

You found yourself sitting on one of the swings with Luhan pushing you, helping you swing at a peaceful pace.

“Wait- where are you going to live? With us?” Luhan asked. He kept on coming up with more questions.

“Of course not, silly!” You laughed, “I rented a small apartment close to your dorm so I’ll be living at a walking distance away.”

“So I can visit you whenever I want?”

“I did not say that!~” You replied.

“We’ll see about that.” He smirked. “What about your college?”

“I am transferring to a college here in Seoul but I will take online classes mostly since EXO-M is in China a lot.” You explained.

“So you got everything covered.”

“Yup.” You smiled, “We should go back to the dorm, Kris must be worried.”

“Oh yeah,” Luhan said as if he had just remembered the existence of s, “We should go back. I have to give them a piece of my mind for fooling around with me.”

You giggled and hopped off the swing. “Be nice. They did not mean any harm.”

He gave you a look, “Come to think of it, I should punish you for your crimes, too.”

“Wha-“

Before you could respond you felt Luhan’s lips press against yours. You smiled against the kiss before closing your eyes and kissing him back. You felt the urgency and the longing in that one kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck to keep yourself stable as you felt your knees go weak with his kisses. You had missed him too much during your absence and this kiss seemed to make up for all the longing.

It wasn’t long before you broke away from the kiss. “We should go back,” You smiled at him. Luhan wanted to stay here with you more but he didn’t argue. Now that you were by his side he would have all the time in the world to be by your side.

“Let’s go.” He smiled and grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours.

You glanced at him sideways and smiled softly as you watched Luhan smile to himself. You were just glad that everything seemed to finally work out for you and Luhan. You felt blissful with just being by Luhan’s side. You had gone through so many obstacles with him but in the end everything was worth it. All your problems seemed far, far away. 

 

~The End~

 

 

A/N: Hello!~ I am not marking it complete yet because I will be posting up a short epilogue tomorrow or in a few hours depending on the response since I am not sure if people are back on AFF completely after the whole server change/maintenance thing. I hope you guys enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'll see you guys at my next Exo fic!~ Click here to check out my other fics!~