Coffees and Orange Juices

Runaway Sister

 

 

Chapter 34

Coffees and Orange Juices

 

 

You were sitting at the airport waiting for the flight to L.A. Exo members were mostly dozing off or doing their own thing by themselves. You couldn’t be around Luhan because you were out in the public.

You saw Tao stand up and ask if anyone wanted coffee to some of the members. After getting their response he headed to the coffee shop at the airport. You took this as your chance and followed Tao with the excuse to help him carry the coffees.

 

Tao saw you trailing behind him and stopped walking for you to catch up. “What are you doing?” He asked when you reached him.

“What do you think? I’ll help you carry the coffees.”

“Okay.” He nodded and continued to walk. He wasn’t starting a conversation with you which made you even more suspicious.

After ordering the coffees you had to wait for them to be ready. You took this as a chance to confront Tao.

“What’s wrong?”

“Huh?” He sounded confused.

“Don’t huh me. What’s up? Something must be bothering you. What is it? You’re normally not cold like this. But recently you’ve been distant.”

“What are you talking about?” Tao decided to play the fool. He did not know what to tell you. According to him, it was better if you did not know.

You raised an eyebrow and crossed your arms. “Don’t play with me. Did I do something that made you mad?”

“What?” His eyes widened, “N-no. It’s not you really. I’m just really tired with all the schedules and so on. I’m sorry if I seemed like I was ignoring you.” I was ignoring you but I didn’t think you would notice since you’re always with Luhan ge.

You let out a sigh. “Fine. I don’t believe you, but I won’t push you to talk as long as you stop ignoring me. I want my friend back.” You smiled up at him bitterly.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you.” He smiled.

“You better.” You replied.

“Your order is ready!~” You heard the barista call.

“Let’s go.” You got the coffees with Tao and headed back. At least this is solved. You thought happily. For Tao nothing was solved but it was already too late for him to act upon his feelings.

 

You stopped walking when you realized that Tao was no longer by your side. You looked back and saw Krsytal and Luna with Tao. You walked backwards to where Tao was to see what was going on.

I’m sorry!” Luna was apologizing.

Its’ okay. The coffees didn’t even spill. No need to worry sunbaenim.” Tao smiled at Luna reassuringly which caused her to blush. Krsytal nudged Luna knowingly and met eyes with you. You smiled back at Krystal, knowing about Luna’s crush… no… “admiration” for Tao.

We will get going then.” Tao pointed at the coffees in his hands and bid goodbye to his sunbaes before walking away with you.

 

 

Soon it was time for the plane to depart. The First Class of the airplane was filled with SMTown members. Kai was sitting with Taemin and Sehun. Baekhyun and Suho were with Jonghyun. Minho was sitting with Sulli to practice their script for their upcoming drama.

Kris was sitting with Tao. Kris was sitting by the window side and Tao was sitting on the corridor side. Right across the small walkway from Tao was Luna sitting with Amber. Kris was hovering over Tao to talk to Amber which was a funny sight to see.

You were sitting with Luhan as usual after switching your tickets with Xiumin. It had become a regular thing from them to switch tickets with you.

 

As usual it was freezing inside the airplane. You took out your blanket that was provided by the airline and draped it over yourself.

Luhan followed the suit and did the same. He found your hand under the blankets and held onto it. This way no one would see it. You gave him an amused look and tried to pull away but he held onto your hand tighter with a smirk without glancing your way.

 

The plane took off soon enough and you were flying across the Pacific Ocean. You drifted off to sleep as soon as the plane was done with the take off. You snuggled closer to Luhan in your sleep with your head on his shoulder. No one would question your actions since you were asleep so you two were safe from getting caught. Soon, fatigue took over Luhan as well, causing him to fall asleep.

 

 

You shot up from your slumber when you heard a commotion going on behind a few seats. Luhan also woke up and was quite mad for being disturbed in his sleep.

Apparently the flight attendant had slipped orange juice on Luna and caused her to shriek at the coldness of the drink. The flight attendant was apologizing continuously while Luna was telling her that it was okay while trying to hold her drenched blouse away from her skin.

Tao did not know what took over him but he quickly handed Luna some napkins. “Are you okay?” He questioned while glaring at the flight attendant. He was not exactly mad but due to his piercing gaze the flight attendant was probably scared out of her mind. Amber who was sitting with Luna was also helping her to dry her blouse with napkins.

I’ll bring more napkins!” The flight attendant stammered and headed back to the cabin to get napkins.

It’s fine! No need!” Luna called after the flight attendant once again. A faint blush was creeping up her cheeks. Aish, so embarrassing. She stood up and reached for the overhead luggage compartment to get her backpack. She struggled because of her short height and because she was still trying to keep her shirt from touching her chest.

Tao stood up from his seat and hovered behind her, reaching for her backpack easily. At that Luna blushed even more, “Thank you.” She added getting her backpack from him.

It’s fine. Are you okay sunbaenim?” Tao asked taking his seat.

Luna did not like how Tao kept on calling her as sunbaenim. It was the right thing to do but it was too distant and cold. “I’m fine. Also, can you just call me Luna instead? We are the same age you know.” She smiled at him without meeting his gaze as she rummaged through her backpack to find her spare blouse.

If you say so sunba- I mean Luna-ssi.” He stammered.

Luna smiled at that and stood up with her shirt in hand. “Thank you, Tao-ssi.” It was still formal but this was still an improvement. She headed to the lavatory to change.

 

You stopped watching the whole scene at that. Tao was normally a shy child that wouldn’t have acted on anything. It made you wonder if he really did it to help a damsel, a sunbae, in distress or whether if there was a possible chance for him to return Luna’s feelings.

“What are you smiling at?” Luhan asked, wondering why you were smiling to yourself like that.

“It’s nothing.” You shrugged. “Let’s go back to sleep.” You smiled at him this time before snuggling into your blankets.

 

 

After the flight everyone headed to the hotel. It was already night time and SM Artists had a day off tomorrow before the concert the next day. You stood by Kris and helped with the communication since you spoke English as well.

Luhan pouted in a corner while you talked so freely, making him feel useless. It was a cute sight really, seeing Luhan sulking by himself.

“Here is the key to your room.” You smiled, dangling the keys in front of his eyes with sparkling eyes. Luhan tried to grab them but you raised them higher up, forgetting the fact that Luhan was taller than you. He swiftly grabbed the keys from your hands.

“You’re sharing rooms with Xiumin.” You frowned at Luhan, not being able to trick him.

“What about you?” He asked with a smirk.

“Who else? Kris of course.” You winked at him before walking back to your brother’s side.

 

--

 

A/N: What is this? ^^ Does this count as a double update? XD Anyways thank you all lovelies for the comments as usual :)

I finished Once Upon A Time. How am I supposed to wait till September OTL. 

Anyhow,

Have a nice day!~