Birthday Gift

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 23

Birthday Gift

 

You were at home today instead of going work because it was the deer boy’s birthday. EXO-M wanted to throw him a small party but their schedule was packed the whole day. So their manager told you to decorate the house and get the food ready which you obeyed willingly.

 

 

After buying the cake and minimal decorations you headed to the mall for the birthday gift. You wanted to get him something special but you did not know what to get him.

You went into the men’s clothing section to try to see something for him. He had helped you buy your male outfits so you decided to return the favor. But you did not know what to get him.

After going through the clothing section for at least an hour you finally stopped at the hats section. You eyed the many beanies on the shelves and smiled. Bingo!  Luhan liked wearing beanies and hats so if you got something for him then maybe he would wear that instead of his old beanie.

You got it gift wrapped and headed back to the dorm. Once again you had to face the fans who had gifts for Luhan that they wanted you to deliver to him. Obediently you carried the boxes of gifts up to the dorm. You had to go up and down a few times in order to carry everything.

 

 

You placed the gifts in a corner and started to get the house decorated. After another hour of working everything was ready to go. You sat on the couch and gazed at the fangifts. Suddenly your small gift seemed insignificant compared to the boxes of gifts sent from his fanclubs.

You went to your room and threw his gift on your bed. You stalked out of the room to take a shower and get cleaned up. Then you changed into your feminine clothes. You fell asleep on the couch waiting for it to be night time.

 

 

Your phone buzzed causing you to wake up. Groggily you answered, “Hello?”

“We will be there in five minutes. Get ready.” Kris said and hung up.

Huh? Five minutes? FIVE MINUTES?!

You quickly ran to the bathroom to check your face for any drool or smudged make-up. Then you lit up the candles on the cake and turned off the lights. You placed the cake in the middle of the table that you had pulled earlier to the living room.

The door clicked open and the boys entered with their managers.

“Huh why is it so dark? Isn’t Lina at home?” Luhan asked and came to a stop when he saw the candlelights. “Oh…”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LUHAN~….”Everyone started singing the birthday song for him. He was shocked and in awe for a moment.

Kris flicked the lights on and everything came into view. You were standing behind the table with a smile on your face and the room was decorated nicely.

“Wow you guys... We are already so busy. I wasn’t expecting anything. Thank you guys.” Luhan muttered, feeling shy.

“Don’t thank us. Thank Lina, she did everything.” Lay said and pushed Luhan towards you.

“Oh yeah, thank you Lina.” He smiled at you and you could feel your knees go weak with just that smile.

“It was nothing.” You smiled back with a faint blush on your cheeks.

“Okay blow the candles and make a wish.” Xiumin urged, excited.

So Luhan did. I wish for EXO’s success and for Lina to always stand by EXO’s side…my side… He glanced at you sideways and blew on the candles. Everyone clapped happily with goofy cheers.

“Yaaay!~” Chen said and dug his two fingers through the cake’s cream and smudged it on Luhan’s face in one swift motion.

“Yah! What the hell?” The birthday boy shouted, startled.

Haha. Sorry hyung but wow.” Chen cracked up followed by everyone’s laughs.

It soon turned into a cake war with everyone trying to wipe it on each other’s faces. You managed to run away from most of the attacks. You backed away and bumped into someone. Luhan grabbed your arm and twirled you around and wiped a good amount of cream on your cheek. Your eyes turned into dangerous slits as you glared at him with a smirk. 

OH UH! I’ve awakened the sleeping dragon! He made a run for it but you were also fast. You grabbed the whole cake and smashed it on his face. Then you clapped your hands as you dusted off invisible dirt.

“There, perfect.” You nodded in satisfaction.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at you two before cracking up at the same time.

OH MY GOD GOOD ONE LINA WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT?!” Chen cracked up.

“That’s my sister!” Kris announced proudly. Xiumin and Lay patted your shoulders and Tao sent you a wink.

Even the managers were cracking up. “Thanks guys…” Luhan muttered. “I’ll go wash up.” He went to wash his face off.

“And I’ll clean up this mess.” You announced with a satisfied smile.

“Your schedule is early tomorrow. Wash up and go to sleep everyone.” The managers urged the rest of the boys.

 

 

You cleaned up the mess and went into your room. You saw Luhan’s gift on your bed. Should I give it to him? You checked the surroundings and found Lay in the kitchen, eating.

Perfect. This time you knocked on the door and waited for Luhan’s answer before entering the room.

“Hey,” You said weakly. How am I supposed to do this?

“Are you here to check up on me after the mess you left me in?” He asked.

“Huh?” You tilted your head sideways in confusion. Oh, the cake. “Oh no. Well, sorry about that. I might have went a bit too far.” You shrugged, looking down.

“Don’t worry about it. It was a yummy cake. I think you should apologize to Xiumin and Tao. They wanted to eat that cake I think.” He laughed and you cracked a smile. His laugh was just too mesmerising.

What the hell, Lina? Get a grip, will you? You tossed him the gift you were hiding behind in your hands.

He caught it swiftly and gave you an amused look. You wanted to give me a gift? You were able to make his heart react crazily with just a small gesture like this. If only you knew the effect you had on me…

“Well aren’t you gonna open it?” You asked with eager eyes as you walked closer to him.

“Oh..yeah.” He nodded and tore the wrapper open. Inside was a nicely knitted beanie hat. He gazed at you with soft eyes and smiled. “Thank you Lina. It’s really stylish.” He smiled.

Your eyes brightened with joy. “Really? You really like it?” You asked.

“Yup.” He smiled warmly.

“Let’s try it on then?” You asked and he nodded. You grabbed the beanie from his hands and got on tiptoes to place it over his head. You moved your  face back a bit to get a good look and realized how close you were to him. You blinked repeatedly as your heartbeat fastened.

You tried to step back but being on your tiptoes you lost balance. Before you could fall back Luhan s his arms around your waist.

You gulped lightly and looked at him with big eyes. Luhan leaned in towards you. You held your breath as you watched his face get closer to you. You felt his soft lips on your left cheek. You could feel the blood rushing to your cheeks at that. His lips lingered on your cheek longer than necessary.

Once he pulled back you felt your knees go weak and was glad that Luhan was still holding onto you. You looked flushed and gave him a puzzled look. Your heart was thumping loudly against your chest as you waited for his answer.

“You had cream on your cheek.” He smirked, enjoying your flushed expression.

Oh. 

---

A/N: Hi guys!~ Thank you guys so much for the comments!!~ Here is another update :) I tried to sneak this in ASAP since I am working on that dalmatian 4shot right now. OTL.

Keep voting on the poll if you didn't already :) Kris is in the lead btw.

Keep on commenting I love reading them :)

cr: gif not mine as usual.