Traveling

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 17

Traveling

 

You were at the airport lined up to go to Beijing, China. It was the next morning after your transformation and EXO M had to go to China already to perform at the Billboard awards which was going to be followed by many other schedules.

At the airport after going through the massive flood of fangirls you and the rest of the staff reached the gate of your flight.

You were in line with your passport in hand and was slightly shaking. Obviously on your passport it had your real name and gender stated when you looked like a dude.

Luhan was right behind you in line. He squeezed your shoulder gently.  “Stop trembling so much. You are making it more obvious.” He whispered right by your ear. You stiffened at the contact as you felt his hot breathe around your neck.

You let out a shaky breathe. “I get it.” You shrugged to get his hand off of your shoulder but he didn’t budge.

You rolled your eyes and walked up to the security with Luhan right behind you. You handed your passport and tickets to the security lady.

She looked at your passport and back at you and did a double take. “What is your name, ma’am?

Wu Lina.” You replied quietly.

She looked at the photo in the passport and at your face once again before handing the passport and the tickets back to you.

Go ahead.” The security shook her head, “Tomboys these days…

You pouted at the comment and proceeded to pass through the scanning machines. After that your headed to the plane.

The flight attendant looked at your ticket and pointed to her left. “This way, ma’am.

Thank you.” You nodded and walked towards your seat. Kris appeared behind you. “What does your ticket say? 10D. Aw man not a window seat.” You frowned.

Even thought you were scared of heights you loved looking at the clouds during a flight. Xiumin appeared behind Kris and passed his ticket your way.

“Take it. I have the window seat and I don’t like it.”

“Really?” You asked with wide grateful eyes. “Thank you baozi oppa!” You coughed. “I mean-“

“It’s okay.” Xiumin laughed heartily and sat on your seat. You went to Xiumin’s seat and sat down. Luhan appeared next to you. He placed his backpack at the top cabinet.

You looked up at Luhan who was grinning at you and frowned. “I shouldn’t have switched my seat. Now I have to sit with the deer boy.” You muttered to yourself.

Luhan sat in his seat and stretched his arms. “You can always go back to your own spot.” He eyed you sideways with a playful smile.

You narrowed your eyes at him and crossed your arms. “No way. I need my window seat.” You scoffed at him. Why does he enjoy annoying me so much?

 

Soon enough the plane was ready to take off. You fastened your seat belt and sat up straight during the take off. You had a fear of heights but you enjoyed plane rides.

After the take off you glanced around, looking bored. You looked out the window for a bit but it was still a bit dark outside so you coudln't see the clouds clearly. WIth a frown you the mini TV and put on the headsets. You browsed through movies but did not manage to find a movie to your interest. Then you saw the games section in the interactive TV.

You wanted to play with someone so you looked around to see if any of the members were awake, possibly Tao or Kris. To your luck everyone was already deep asleep and Kris was reading a book and you did not dare bother him when he was reading.

You looked to your side and saw Luhan listening to music on his Ipod. You nudged him softly to get his attention.

He looked up from his Ipod, “What do you want?” He sighed.

You looked at him in distaste. “Gosh way to be so friendly,” you made a face.

“Hey, don’t blame me. You were the one who complained about traveling with me in the first place.” He shrugged.

You looked down in guilt. “Okay fine. I’m sorry Lulu. So will you play with me?”

He smirked at your pleading face. “Play?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yes. See there is this racing game and if you turn on your TV we can connect these two and play.” You explained excitedly, pointing at the screen and the controller in your hand.

“And why would I do that?” He asked trying to look uninterested but was already giving in by the way you were explaining a simple game so excitedly.

“Because I am bored and you look bored.” You shrugged. You looked around once more since it seemed like Luhan wouldn't give in. You saw Tao stir in his sleep. Is he waking up?

You looked up at Luhan and pouted cutely.“If you don’t want to I can just go ask Tao-“

“NO.” Luhan said way too quickly. He coughed awkwardly, his ears turning red. “I mean, I’ll play don’t bother the other members.” He looked away from you.

Really? YES!” You did a victory sign and then proceeded to show him how to play the game.

Soon both of you were embraced in a gaming mode, racing your cars as if your lives depended on it. You bit your tongue as you pressed the buttons harder. Just a little bit more and then I can pass Luhan’s car- WAIT-

Luhan glanced at you sideways and smiled at your determined expression. It was a cute sight despite the tomboyish appearance you had at the moment. With that mere distraction of Luhan you were able to pass his car.

“YES!” You cheered out loud. The finishing line is just right there c’mon!

At your outburtst Luhan turned his attention back to the game and concentrated. His car was about to pass your’s once again but you were getting closer and closer to the finishing line.

Right when your car was about to pass the finishing line the screen went blank. You stopped playing and froze. “What the- I was about to win! No!” You wailed. Luhan's screen was turned off as well.

Luhan looked at you and softly nudged your head. “You just weren’t meant to win.”

“Shut up! What is wrong with this TV? Let me call the flight attendant.” You were about to press the button to call but the screen came back with a warning message. Soon you heard the co-pilot making an announcement.

“Hello, dear travelers. We are sorry to inform you that we have hit turbulence. It’s nothing to worry about but during this time refrain from getting out of your seat, keep your seatbelt on-“ Right at that moment the seatbelt signs flashed across the screens in the plane. “And refrain from using electronics.”

Oh no. You felt this horrible feeling at the pit of your stomach. Turbulence meant lots of shaking and that meant nausea for you. Sure enough the plane started rattling and shaking. You did not like it one bit. Plus with your fear of heights this just made things worse.

By this time, with the announcement, the rest of the people were also awake on the plane. You glanced around in fear and sunk deeper in your seat if that was possible.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked touching your shoulder slightly. You tensed up under his touch but loosened up at his words. He sounded concerned which you were grateful for.

“I’m fine. It’s just that turbulence makes me nauseous.” You muttered, embarrassed. Blood rushed to your cheeks and you looked down.

“Look here.” Luhan’s grip on your shoulder tightened, making you face him.

“It’s just turbulence. A short one at that. Don’t worry too much.” He tried to make you relax.

“S-sure.” You smiled weakly at him. He did not like how scared you looked right now. Without thinking he lifted up the handrest between the two seats and moved closer to you.

Your eyes widened. “W- what are you doing? You shouldn’t take off your seatbelt.”

“Just be quiet for a second will you?” He gave you a stern look which caused you to shut up.

He got the blanket that was provided for the passengers and draped it over you. He put his arm around your shoulders and made you rest your head on his shoulder.

Your eyes were widened in shock as you watched Luhan get close to you and cover you up with the blanket. Your heart skipped a beat at his thoughtfulness. You did not think he would be so caring towards you. You felt the blush on your cheeks deepen and tried to move away from him.

He looked down at you with a caring but a firm look and pulled you even closer to him. “Stop moving around so much you know I don’t have my seatbelt on.” He smirked. He enjoyed having you close to him for once.

You stopped moving at once but you were still tense. With Tao you did not feel anything when you were close to him; it was like how you were with Kris. However with Luhan you felt different. Your cheeks were burning red and you had this giddy feeling in your stomach and it was not from nausea this time.

Luhan felt how you were still tense. “The plane is not going to crash. It’s just a turbulence. Relax.” He moved his hand up and down on your arm to make you relax but it only made you more nervous.

“R-right.” You nodded with a shaky voice. Why the hell am I so tensed up around him? It’s just the deer boy! You took a deep breath and tried to relax. Soon you relaxed bit by bit and decided to just savor the moment. Wait, what the hell stupid brain!

Luhan felt you relax under his arms and smiled as he gazed at you affectionately. I don’t get why she is so scared of turbulences.

 

After some time you heard the speakers once again, “Hello, this is your pilot speaking,” Another announcement started. “We have passed the turbulence. You can unbuckle your seatbelts and enjoy the rest of the flight.”

At that you quickly unbluckled your seatbelt and stood from the seat, causing the blanket fall to the floor. At the sudden movement you felt dizzy and the nauseous feeling came back.

“Oh no!” You placed a hand over your mouth and ran off to the restroom. Luhan was startled by your actions could only watch you run off. He tilted his head in confusion.

Once inside the restroom you locked the door and crouched in front of the toilet seat and waited for your breakfast to come out. The toilet was everything out and the gush of air made your even more nauseous.

Soon your stomach was emptied out and you went by the sink to wash your hands and gargle. You felt grossed out and shaky. With shaky hands you opened the door of the cabinet and walked out down the aisle towards you seat.

Luhan glanced at you worriedly. “Are you okay?”

You gave him a weak nod and sat back down. All the blood that had rushed to your cheeks earlier was gone and you looked pale. Luhan got the blanket again placed it over you. You were shaking too much.

“I have a strong body but when it comes to nausea I get all weak.” You muttered, disappointed in yourself. You weren't the type to get sick despite being petite you had a strong immune system.

“It’s okay.” Luhan muttered, not liking how pale you looked at that moment.

A flight attendant appeared by your seat right then. “Good afternoon, sir. What would you like to have for lunch?” She handed Luhan the menu. She was about to give you one too but you shook your head.

“No, thanks.”

“Can we get her some water and medicine instead?” Luhan smiled at the flight attendant. “And I’ll have the meal 2 please.”

“Of course.” She got the menu back from him went to get the order ready.

You looked up at the large screen attached to the ceiling of the plane. Only two more hours of the flight left. You glanced at Luhan and felt a warm feeling around your chest. He felt your gaze on him and turned to you with his angelic smile.

Right at that moment you knew that your heart would not be safe around him.

---

A/N: Thank you guys so much for commenting and subscribing. Here is an update longer than my usual ones :) I hope you guys enjoyed it. Don't forget to leave a comment. :):) 

THANK YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL. Here have some lay heart and dimples :)

cr: The gif is not mine obviously so credit as tagged. (wooyoung.tumblr.com)