First Day in Beijing

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 18

First Day in Beijing

 

After taking the medicine you felt better and the rest of the flight went on without any major events. EXO M was supposed to drive to the Billboard Awards Show immediately and you went to the dorm with some of the staff members to carry the luggage.

 

You wished your brother good luck but couldn’t give him a hug or act all close to him because from now on you had to act as a boy that was not related to Kris. You wished them all good luck and headed to the dorm.

Beijing seemed like an interesting city but you did not have the time to go sightseeing. You had to unpack and get used to this new dorm.

 

The manager and you walked to the room at the farthest end of the corridor. You entered a small room with just one bed. It looked comfy and cozy.

“This is your new room.” He told you and ushered for you to go in.

“My room?” You questioned. “What about Kris?”

“Isn’t it easier for you to have your own space? Do you really need your brother?” He questioned. You were taken aback at his tone.

“N-no. I was just curious.” You stuttered.

“He is sharing a room with Chen which is the room right across your room. Then there is Lay and Luhan’s room right next to yours and across from them is Tao and Xiumin’s room.” He explained. You nodded in understanding.

“Um, thank you.” You said.

“For what?” He looked at you confused.

“Everything? This room, and for letting me stay.” You mumbled.

EXO-M’s manager smiled at you for the first time that day. “No problem.”

 

After he left, you settled in the room and placed your belongings in the closet. You felt tired from the flight. After taking a quick shower you lay down in the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. You remembered how nice Luhan was to you during the flight and blushed.

Soon fatigue took you over and you fell asleep on your new bed.

 

You heard various muffled noises and placed the pillow over your head to mute out the sounds. Let me sleep…

The door to your room opened and a very tired looking Kris stepped in. He looked at your blanket that was sprawled on the floor and placed it over you gently. After tucking you in, he looked at you one last time and walked out, closing the door behind him.

You opened one of your eyes and smiled. You would have gotten up but you decided to sleep more and let him sleep as well. Knowing that they were back you relaxed more and was able to fall into a deep slumber.

 

The next morning you were woken up by a knock on your door. You opened your eyes halfway, “Yes?” You called, sounding hoarse.

“Hurry up we have to leave for the schedule.” You heard the manager tell you. You shot up from the bed. “Be right there!” You called and stormed out of the room to the bathroom to wash up. After 10 minutes you ran back to your room and locked your door.

After that you began on your transformation. After wrapping your chest area you put on your male outfit which included dark skinny jeans and a light blue button up shirt. You fixed your wig numerous times before getting satisfied with it. Afraid that it might look obvious you also put on a cap to make sure that your wig would not fall off.

You glanced at yourself through the mirror hanging on your wall once more before heading out.

At the sight of you Tao jumped up from the seat in the living room and swung his arm around your shoulder.

“Good morning, Lina!~” He said in a high voice. You eyed him curiously.

“Why are you so hyper so early in the morning?” You still sounded sleepy despite sleeping for a long time the day before.

“He is just happy to be back to his home country I think.” Lay said as he walked by you two.

“I see.” You nodded. “Wait a second. You are not even from Beijing. Shouldn’t the deer boy be happy and hyper instead?” You looked at Tao questioningly.

“The deer boy?” Tao looked at Luhan, who was going through his backpack in the living room, and snickered.

“Is that your new nickname for Luhan gege?” He asked.

“Yup!” You smiled. Luhan rolled his eyes at your excitement with a smirk forming at the corner of his lips.

Kris walked in the room and gave Tao a look and Tao immediately let go of you. You looked at Tao and Kris questioningly. You glared at Kris afterwards.

He gave you an innocent look. “What?!” He shrugged like he did not know what was going on.

You shook your head in disapproval. “You know we are not outside. You don’t need to tell Tao to keep his hands to himself.”

“They need to get used to it, so no skinship whatsoever in the dorms, too!” He stated firmly. You knew that was just an excuse. Kris was just too overprotective and he was using this to his advantage.

“Fine.” You did not argue with him.

You were excited about your internship instead. The manager had done your official paperwork for you and now you were officially part of EXO’s staff on internship. Your job was to do basic errands for the boys but that did not keep you from getting excited.

 

After a long ride in the van everyone arrived at the recording studio. EXO M had their first live interview on Sina. You did not do anything much but while the interview went on for an hour but afterwards you were supposed to provide the boys their drinks and lunch.

You had gotten the food from a local restaurant and had them packaged according to each member’s taste and diet.

 

After the performance the boys rushed to the van and you followed them with a few of the staff. You handed them their lunch one by one.

“Thank you Li- I mean… what was your name again?” Tao said all confused. He sounded so adorable and clueless that you just wanted to give him a hug but stopped yourself from doing so.

“It’s Kevin.” You reminded him quietly. Other than the managers and the head coordi noona of EXO no one else knew about your true identity.

“Oh yeah.” He nodded as he remembered.

“Kevin, can you get me water please?” Luhan butted in your conversation with Tao.

“Sure.” You smiled at Luhan but were unable to meet eyes with him. You found his water bottle and handed it to him. “Here you go.”

His hand brushed against yours at that and you quickly pulled away. He gave you an amused look before gulping down the water. Why is she so shy all of a sudden?

You looked away from him and concentrated on your brother instead.

Xiumin looked at his food and frowned. “Aish, stupid diet.” He muttered before eating his food.

It’s okay, hyung.” Chen patted his back comfortingly.

“Sorry, Xiumin. This is the last week of your diet, then I’ll get you some nice food, too.”

“I’ll count on that.” Xiumin smiled at you and went back to eating his food.

You looked at Tao and saw that he had sauce at the corner of his lips.

“Um, Tao.” He looked up at you.

“You have something over here.” You pointed to the corner of your lips.

“Where?” He wiped the opposite side instead.

You chuckled and grabbed the napkin from him before wiping the right side. You looked up at him and realized how dangerously close you were when you met his eyes. Your eyes widened in shock and you moved back to your seat.

Tao looked away and cleared his throat. He took a deep breath to calm his heart. Why does my heart always react like this when she is around?

Luhan saw the whole interaction and was not pleased with it. He looked out the window with a frown. Why am I so mad though…because she is like my little sister, too. That’s why… He nodded to himself.

You sat in your own seat and the van started moving, taking the boys to their next schedule. You could tell that you were going to be tired by the end of the week because EXO-M’s schedule was so packed with interviews. 

---

A/N: Sorry about the slightly shorter chapter. I'll try to update more frequently!~

Thank you guys so much for the comments and the subs. I read each and every one of the comments really :) They make my day :)

Here have some cute Chen :) He needs more love :)

  

awkward Tao heart with adorable smile (he is my exo m bias btw orz)

and Kris with his y but slightly awkward wink. <3

cr: not my gifs. 

Have a nice day dear readers :)