Invasion of Privacy

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 20

Invasion of Privacy

 

The boys ate dinner heartily and commented on your cooking. Xiumin and Lay cracked jokes which everyone laughed at. Luhan was sitting in front of you but refused to meet eyes with you. Why is he acting so weird? You did not think much about it and continued to eat your dinner.

 

After dinner you went into your room to get some rest. Since it was still early you were unable to sleep. Grunting, you got on your laptop and decided to search EXO M on Weibo.

 

You came across various fanpages for the members and the group in general. You clicked on a random one and started going through it.

There were a lot of pre-debut photos of the boys and you wondered how in the world did these people get their hands on these photos. You scrolled down and stopped at one photo that caught your eyes. It was a selca of Luhan with a really cute girl that seemed to be taken at a photobooth. The information beneath it stated that it was his ex-girlfriend.

How do they even have these photos? You felt uneasiness at the pit of your stomach. You weren’t sure if it was jealousy or if you were just crept out by how ninja these fans seemed.

You heard someone knock on your door. “Come in.” You replied absentmindedly, still reading the comments beneath the photo.

“Hey, Lina. Um about earlier-“ Luhan started to talk but stopped as he saw you deeply absorbed with the computer. “What are you looking at?” He walked up to you with a playful smile.

Oh shi- Luhan! You slammed the screen of your laptop shut and smiled at him innocently. “N-nothing important.” You gulped.

He knew you were hiding something from him, it was too obvious. “Ah! Don’t tell me!” He put on a shocked expression, “Were you watching por-“

“WHAT?! NO!” You shook your head furiously.

At your distraction he grabbed your laptop from your lap and flipped the screen open.

“Yah give it back!” You flailed your arms miserably as you tried to get your laptop from him but he held it up above his head and started reading.

Once he saw the photo he stopped with a frown. You gulped nervously. Is he mad at me?

He gave you the laptop back and placed a fake smile on his face. “Why did you hide that from me? Were you jealous?” He joked, but you took it seriously.

“Wh-what? No. Well I wouldn’t call it jealously. I kind of felt bad for you and the rest of the guys.” You looked down with a pout.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, “How so?”

“Well, aren’t those private photos? How do they even get their hands on this stuff?” You sat back on your bed. Luhan got the office chair in the room and pulled it in front of your bed and sat down so that he could face you.

“Being an idol comes with invasion of privacy. It’s a price we have to pay. This is just the beginning.” He shrugged like it was nothing. It bothered him, too but the job he chose came with this and he couldn’t really complain about it.

You looked up at Luhan and even though he was smiling you could see the sadness in his eyes. Without a thought you flung your arms around his neck, hugging him.

“Um… Lina?” He was shocked by your actions but soon he wrapped his arms around your tiny torso as well.

“I’m sorry. I can understand why you saw me as a real threat before. If they can get those photos they sure can learn about me, too. I will be extra careful to not ruin it for you and the rest of the boys.” You said softly.

He let out a soft chuckle, “What are you apologizing for? I came here to apologize to you and in the end you are the one apologizing again.”

“Why did you want to apologize to me?” You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

“For hurting you earlier.” He stated.

“Oh.” You smiled at him. “It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. Plus, Tao took care of the wound so it’s all healed already.” You stated happily.

At the mention of Tao, Luhan stiffened. He loved the maknae a lot, but he did not want you to love him if he could help it.

Your door swung open once more with Kris walking in with a button and a shirt in his hand. “Lina can you help me stitch this-“ He stopped in his tracks as he saw you hugging Luhan.

He took a deep breath to calm himself down. “Lina. What the hell did I tell you about skinship?! It’s freaking forbidden!” He literally growled.

You quickly let go of Luhan. “Oops.”

You skipped up to Kris and grabbed the needle from his hand. “You shouldn’t have this in your hands when you are angry.” You pinched his cheek before getting the shirt from him and moving back to sit on your bed.

Kris had a ‘what the hell’ expression on. “Did you just pinch my cheek?” He asked, “Do I look like a freaking baby to you?” He muttered which caused Luhan to crack up. Kris gave him a look. Luhan got up from his seat patted his leader's shoulder.

“Yeah a baby… a giant baby.” He laughed once again before exiting the room. You laughed at his comment also.

“Oh my gosh Kris you have been living alone for the past four years and you still don’t know how to sew a button back to your shirt?!” You complained as you started to stitch.

“Of course not.” He grabbed it back from you. “You two were alone inside for too long so I needed an excuse to kick him out.” He shrugged.

Your jaw dropped, “Don’t you trust your own bandmate or your own sister?”

“Hey look. Good thing I came in, you guys were hugging.” He shrugged and stared at his shirt. “Obviously I am better than you at this.” He frowned as he undid what you had just done to the button.

“Yeah, friends hug. It’s normal.” You stuck your tongue at him. He sighed and flashed you a blank smile.

He ignored you and continued to stitch the button back on the shirt as he complained about how you at housework and how no one was going to marry you at this rate and how he was afraid of ending up taking care of your single self for the rest of his life.

You rolled your eyes at him, “it’s okay. You would make an awesome housewife. I’ll just have you come over once a week to help me with the house chores.” You stated. He gave you a look of bewilderment.

You laughed at him, “Well if you don’t want to you should teach me how to sew that button properly, then.” You scooted closer to him and watched him do the work.

---

A/N: Hello, thank you guys fort he lovely comments and thanks for subscribing :) I really enjoy reading about your opinions :)

I'll try to update ASAP :) Have a nice day everyone :D

[cr: the gifs don't belong to me of course T_T]