The Korean Showcase

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 12

~The Korean Showcase~

 

It had been a few weeks and you hadn’t seen the boys much. They were always out practicing till the wee hours of the morning. They had to film their music video for their title track MAMA and get ready for the showcase, which was something you had been dreading.

Your parents were going to come to the Korean Showcase to see your brother which meant that you had to find a way to hide from them again.

Ugh. You rolled in bed in frustration and bumped into someone hard. You opened one of your eyes and saw Kris’ back facing you. Oh they are at home already. You pulled out your phone from behind the pillow and looked at the time.

4:23 AM.

You rubbed your eyes tiredly and climbed out of the bed to use the restroom. Once done using the restroom you got yourself a cup of water from the kitchen as well. Then you started to walk towards the room to continue your sleep.

CLICK.

You stopped in your tracks as you heard a door open. You turned around and realized that it was the managers' room. You wanted to dart into one of the rooms but you did not want to. If you continued to walk, despite the dark the manager would see you. Oh no. I will get caught this time for sure. Oh how convenient. My parents are coming, too.

Right at that moment someone grabbed your arm and pulled you inside a bedroom. You spun around with terrified eyes and saw Baekhyun facing you. You sighed in relief.

Thank-“ You started to murmur but he placed a slender finger to his lips indicating for you to keep quiet.

Both of you listened intently for any other sound and you finally heard the toilet flush and footsteps fading away.

Phew.” You placed a hand on your shaking heart.

What were you doing outside? You could have gotten caught.” Baekhyun scolded you.

Water,” You motioned with a pout.

Aigoo.” He rolled his eyes but smiled at you.“Go back to sleep.” He ordered softly.

Yes.” You nodded. “Thank you Baekhyun-ssi.” You added before getting ready to sneak back into your room.

'It's oppa for you. We've been living together long enough." He added with a cheeky smile.

"Sure. Good night Baekhyun oppa." You smiled with a cute nod.

Then, after checking the surroundings you headed back to your room. You looked around the room and saw that everyone was deep asleep before crawling back into the bed.

 

 

The next morning you woke up to an empty dormitory as usual. It was the day of the showcase so the boys were already at the venue, rehearsing. After killing some time in the dorm, you got ready and dressed up in casual clothing before heading to the venue. The EXO family members were given special tickets and families pass for the showcase. You already had your ticket with you.

 The only problem was that your parents were supposed to be there. That was the whole reason as to why you had a visa to Korea when you had run off a few weeks ago. You were sure that your seat would be next to or close to your parents’. You just had to hope that they wouldn’t show up.

Once at the venue you realized that the showcase was about to start. The lights in the audience were dimmed so it was hard to see anyone. With hope you snuck through the sea of fans and got to your own seat. You looked around and saw your parents sitting a few seats down your row.

Crap crap crap!

You sunk deep in your chair as much as possible and watched the show. You were not able to pay attention to the most of the performances as you had to keep tabs on your parents and make sure that they weren’t looking your way.

You were able to pay attention to your brother’s solo stage with Chanyeol however and enjoyed every bits of it.

     

 

Once the show was over you stormed out of your seat and dashed backstage. The family members had special passes for the backstage so that they could see their sons and congratulate them.

You were about to run inside but the security stopped you.

Where do you think you’re going young lady?” He asked as he pulled you back outside.

To see my brother, Kris.” You smiled confidently. “Look,” you searched your pockets for the family pass card. Where the hell is it? Your eyes widened in shock.

I must have dropped it!” You tried to explain. “Seriously I’m a family member.” You tried to convince the security guy.

“Like I haven’t heard that line before. No miss go back outside.” He crossed his arms firmly.

You heard footsteps coming from down the hall and froze in your stop. What if it’s my parents?!

No you don’t understand seriously. I have to see my brother.” You said quickly but the  security guy wasn’t buying it.

Oh Lina!” You heard a voice calling you from behind the security line.

Baekhyun oppa!” You brightened at the sight of him. He is always coming to my rescue recently. You didn’t really know how to explain your situation to him fully in Korean and frowned. You pointed at the security guy who looked absolutely confused.

Sir, she is our member Kris’ little sister she can come in.” He explained to the security guy.

His eyes widened in disbelief. “But she doesn’t have the family pass-“

I told you, I lost it.” You pouted.

It’s okay.” Baekhyun reached over and grabbed your hand, dragging you inside, leaving behind a baffled security man.

Thank you so much!” You exclaimed with a relived sigh and a quick bow.

No problem.” He flashed you a dazzling smile and chuckled at your actions before pulling you to EXO’s waiting room.

At your entrance all eyes fell to you and your intertwined hands with Baekhyun. Kris was confused as to why you were backstage already. On the other hand Tao and Luhan had narrowed their eyes at Baekhyun glaring at him and your intertwined hands.

Lina?” Suho was the first to talk. “Why are you here already?”

“Yeah even the other parents’ did not come backstage yet.” Lay added.

“I had to run from my paren-“You stopped as you realized that there were managers here also. You walked up to Kris, letting go of Baekhyun in process.

“Can we talk?”

“What’s wrong?” He asked, oblivious to the dilemma you were going through.

“Well, for one thing our parents are here!” You exclaimed while whispering at him as you pulled him the the back of the room.

“So?” He asked.

“So?! I have to hide from them, obviously.”

Right at that moment the door swung open and the parents started to walk in. The Wu siblings’ eyes widened in fear at the commotion.

“Ugh!” Kris rolled his eyes. “Here, quick,” He pointed at the empty cabinets under the dressing tables.

Your jaw dropped as you gave him a quizzical look. “How the hell do you expect me to-“

“You are tiny. Now go,” He pushed your head downwards and made you crawl into the cabinet. You glared at him and he shrugged casually before closing the door.

 

“Kris, my son!” You heard your mother exclaim.

“Hi, mom.”

“You did good back there.” Your father complimented him. It was hard to hear compliments from him so this meant that your brother was near perfection.

“We would have loved to come to the Chinese showcase instead but your father’s work… he could only get a break today.” Your mother gushed happily.

“Ah, it’s okay. At least you guys were able to make it.” Kris said softly.

“Now that the greetings are done, where is your sister?” Your father asked bluntly. He did not like beating around the bush.

Kris’ eyes widened in shock but he tried to hide it with his usual poker face. “What about my sister? Now that you mention it… where is Lina?” He asked.

Oh don’t play the fool. Why do you think we didn’t call the police and reported a missing person? I know she is with you. She went overseas. Where else could she go to?” Your father scoffed with a knowing smile. He sounded intimidating.

“My sister ran off? Why? When?” Kris questioned still playing the fool. He wasn’t going to give up so easily.

“She is getting married so she had some rebellious moments before that, that’s all.” Your father explained oh so easily. You rolled your eyes at that.

“You really don’t know where she is?!” Your mother sounded worried now which made you feel guilty just a little bit.

“I don’t know. Maybe she went to a relative or a friend in China? South Korea is not the only overseas place on earth. Well, if she contacts me I will let you know. Lina is always the one to act rash.” Kris shook his head in ‘disapproval’.

While the Wu family was having their talk in the corner one of the managers for EXO M had overheard the conversation. He was already confused when Baekhyun entered the room with you, hand in hand, and when all the members acted so casual around you as if they had known you for a long time.

He was no fool so he put the two and two together. He was surprised as to how he didn’t see you in the dorms but oh he was going to get an answer from you. He just had to wait for the parents to leave.

After a short while all the parents were told to leave as EXO had to get ready to travel to China in a few hours.

Once the Wu parents were out of sight Kris opened the door to your cabinet and you sprawled out, breathing heavily.

“Oh man it was so hot in there! Ugh!” You groaned and stood up. "I was losing oxygen."

Kris laughed at your situation. “I’ve been saving your a lot recently. You owe me big time.” He raised one eyebrow in amusement.

“Hey now, you are my big brother. It’s your job to take care of me.” You pouted crossing your arms. “But thank you anyways.” You smiled at him.

All the EXO members glanced around worriedly as they realized the heavy mood in the room which you two were unaware of.

The managers gave the boys disapproving looks. “So boys, Kris,” The manager from earlier narrowed his eyes at Kris at that moment, “who is going to explain to us how in the world was your sister living with you this whole time? Without our knowledge?” He tapped his feet hurriedly as he waited for an answer. Oh boy did he look pissed!

At the question Kris was frozen and your jaw had dropped as you glanced around worriedly.

Now we’re doomed.

---

A/N: Hi guys! It was my final week last week and I still have some finals left till thursday! Then my spring semester will be over!~ Which means I will be able to update regularly. I'm sorry for not updating. I did not have the time :/

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT COMMENTED AND SUBSCRIBED DESPITE MY ABSENSE. I LOVE YOU GUYS T_T <3

Also this chapter has many baekhyun scenes as it was his birthday recently!~ I was planning on updating on his birthday but I didn't have the time :/ 

I was also planning on updating on Tao's birthday but was not able to :/ 

Anyways,

keep on commenting and subscribing and thus make my day happy :):)

[cr for the gifs: go to.... ME this time :) me and my crappy photoshop skills XD]