Flight To?

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 37

Flight To?

 

You stepped into your room quietly half expecting Kris to be asleep. To your dismay you found him sitting on his bed, clearly waiting for you.

“So how did the talk go?”

“I got the answers I wanted from him.” You stated simply.

Kris sighed and patted on the empty space on his bed for you to sit down. You gave him a curious look but did as motioned and sat by him. “Since everything is out I might as well tell you this also.”

You were afraid of what he was going to tell you. You weren’t sure if you could handle two surprises in one day. “W-what is it?”

“Just know that I am not telling you what to do okay? It is your choice.”

“Stop talking in riddles and just spit it out, Kris.” Your narrowed your eyes at him.

“To put it simply the company knows.” Kris explained.

“Knows what?” You asked but you already knew the answer. Kris grasped your hand to calm you down a bit.

“About how you were hiding by my side as a boy and you dating Luhan. They know. There are photos of you and Luhan from SS4.”

And?” Your voice croaked in anxiety.

“And they want you gone. Or they will let the reporters publish the photos and confirm the rumors.”

“What do you want me to do?” You asked for Kris’ opinion.

“I don’t know what to tell you but that rumor could damage EXO greatly since we are only rookies.” Kris sighed. He was forced to choose between protecting you or protecting EXO and he did not want to take sides.

“I guess I should stay low a bit huh?” You cracked a forceful smile.

Kris looked up at you in confusion. What on earth is she talking about?

“I’m going back to Canada.”

“What? Without even discussing this with Luhan? You know SM is not mad about your relationship, they are just mad that we lied to them.”

You sighed. “That does not matter. I’ll talk to Luhan of course. Luhan knew about this right? But he kept it from me? He is being selfish when he was the one who had told me to not destroy EXO in the first place. I’ll do what is right for once. I need to stop being selfish.” You sighed, letting everything out.

Kris gazed at you in pain. “I’m sorry.”

You tilted your head in confusion and gazed at Kris’ eyes for an answer. “For what?”

“For not keeping my promise and protecting you from our parents.”

“Well no matter what they are our parents. I’ll go back to Canada with Henry and settle things down with my parents. Hopefully they will understand. Then I’ll pay you a visit once your company calms down as well.”

“Fine. It seems like you already made up your mind.”

“Yup!” You smiled at him brightly even though you were hurting deeply on the inside. I just need to somehow make Luhan see reason, too.

 

 

The next morning you walked up to Luhan’s room. You knocked on the door and was greeted by Lay. Lay was about to talk to you but he saw the distressed look on your face.

“I’m going downstairs for breakfast. Don’t take too long or Tao and Xiumin might eat everything on the buffet!~” He joked before walking out of the room. You walked inside and gently closed the door behind you. You saw Luhan sitting on his bed trying to put on his shoes.

“Luhan,” You called for him. His eyes brightened at your voice as he looked up at you.

“I need to talk to you about something.”

Luhan saw the distressed look on your face and knew that Kris must have talked to you. “What is it?” He asked nonetheless, playing dumb.

“You know how we are going to the airport after breakfast?”

“Yeah?” He did not know where you were going with this conversation.

“While you guys fly back to Seoul, I’ll be on a plane to Canada.”

Luhan stopped playing with the laces of his shoes and looked up at you, stunned. “Repeat that again.”

“I’m going back to Canada to talk to my parents. Yesterday I learned a few things. I know what SM wants me to do…” You trailed off.

“But that’s not important. It’s probably all just a bluff.” Luhan stood up and walked towards you, holding onto your hands.

“Even so I can’t take that risk. You told me to not ruin Exo.”

“That was in the past-“

“No it isn’t. Plus I can’t run away from my parents forever. I think now is a good time to go talk to them. It will give time for SM to cool down as well.” You explained.

Luhan did not understand your sudden change of thoughts about your parents. “You said you learned a few things yesterday. What else did you learn?”

“I know who my supposedly fiancé is.” You looked up at him for his reaction. He had a poker face on, devoid of emotions.

Seeing that he wasn’t going to talk you continued, “It’s Henry oppa…”

That set him off. Luhan let go of your hands rather harshly and stepped back, glaring at you. “Oh so that’s why you suddenly changed your mind. Instead of some old bachelor you got yourself your precious Henry oppa so you’re fine with going through that arranged marriage, huh?!” He accused. “Awe, how cute.” He mocked.

You gaped at him in shock. Was he not listening to me this whole time? I’m leaving to save your from a scandal!  But you did not want to say that out lout after his accusations.

“What do you take me for? Did you really think-“ You sighed closing your eyes tightly for a few seconds. “You know what? Whatever. I’ll do exactly that. Instead of telling my parents to back off I’ll tell them to go through with the wedding. At least Henry is not bipolar like you. You can go flirt with whoever you want now!” You spat your words out like venom, not meaning a single word.

“I see, is that what you want? Fine. I’ll do just that.”

“Go ahead!” You spat, idiot. You could feel your eyes getting watery. You turned away from him to avoid looking weak in front of him. “Goodbye.” You muttered before walking out of his room.

Fuming with anger Luhan punched the wall that was next to him as he heard you slam his door shut. He slid down the wall, staring at his untied shoes that were long forgotten. Why did I say that?! Stupid Luhan! I just can’t stand her talking about Henry. I knew he wasn’t good news. Why does everything have to be so complicated.

 

 

You walked back into your room before leaving, grabbing your luggage. Kris saw your red swollen eyes. “I guess the talk didn’t go well?”

You close your eyes, causing a few more tears to spill. Kris did not like seeing you like this. He wasn’t going to let Luhan get away with making you cry.

“What did that bastard do!?” Kris started walking towards the door to give Luhan a piece of his mind.

“No. Stop. It’s over. Don’t bother.” Kris stopped and faced you, cupping your face in his huge hands and wiping away your tears with his thumbs. “I am not going to let anyone make my baby sister cry.”

“I’m fine. He is your friend. Don’t argue with him. I’ll just walk out of your lives quietly.” You sighed, “Just send me my belongings back in the dorms via UPS or something.” You added to lighten up the mood but failed miserably as you broke into loud sobs. Kris wrapped his arms around your petite frame and let you cry, not caring about how his shirt was not soaked with your tears.

 

 

After a few hours you were at the airport. Kris approached you with a bittersweet smile. “You’re really leaving, huh?”

“What other choice did I have really?” You shrugged.

“Good news for you. The managers told the company that you are leaving so they put a stop to the news from leaking.”

You sighed in relief. “Good.” You smiled at Kris and gave him a quick hug. Henry approached you with a smile.

“It’s time for us to go.” You nodded, “See you later, Kris.”

You turned around to glance at everyone one last time. You were glad that you did not ruin anything for them. You could not bear the responsibility of messing up the clean records of twelve hardworking boys. Your eyes met Luhan’s gaze who had formed a resentful frown on his lips. You looked at him once more before turning around to leave. It was too painful to walk away from him especially after the fight. Your knees felt weak as this heavy feeling settled on your chest.

“Are you okay?” Henry placed a protective arm around your shoulders to help you stand still and walk. You looked up at him with a fake smile and nodded.

Luhan wanted to talk to you knowing that he had overreacted but it was too late. He saw how Henry had wrapped his arms around you in an affectionate way. He couldn’t swallow down his pride to talk to you after all.

 

A/N: Hello everyone, thank you for the comments!~

As you know I made you guys vote for a poll to decide the main lead for my next exo fic. These four members had the highest votes. 2 from M and 2 from K so please CLICK HERE to vote for this poll again :)

Thank you!~