The Last Dinner

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 16

The Last Dinner

 

You came back out of the bathroom after putting on the wig. You ran past the living room and went to the kitchen where DO and Kai were at. DO was busy cooking something and Kai was leaning against the counter, drinking water looking like a model despite the casual clothes.

At the sight of you DO’s eyes widened. “Who are you?”

Kai gave you an amused look and rolled his eyes at DO.

You tried the creepy deep voice again, “Annyeonghaseyo hyungnim. John imnida.” You did a quick bow and DO let out a sigh of relief.

I know that accent anywhere it’s Lina.” He went back to mixing the soup.

Aw man.” You said in your normal voice. “Do I look like a dude?” You asked Kai as DO was busy with his cooking.

Convincing enough. But I knew who you were already so…” He shrugged. He walked up to DO and looked over his shoulder.

What’s for dinner?” Kai asked DO.

Yah, go away.” DO shrugged Kai's head off of his shoulder. “It’s kimchi chigae. Don’t worry I’m not making spaghetti this time.” He rolled his eyes.

Hey I didn’t say anything!” Kai threw his arms up in air innocently. “It was Chanyeol that was complaining about eating spaghetti all the time. Right Lina?” He asked you giving you signals with his eyes for you to agree with him.

You backed away slowly from the kitchen. “I don’t know anything.” You bumped into something hard and stopped. You turned around and saw Chanyeol standing behind you.

“Is Kai badmouthing me?” He asked with a playful smile that was on the thin border of going to the creeper smile.

I don’t know anything.” You said again. He stopped you from going away. “Wait,” He fixed the cap that was on your head over the wig. “There looks much better.”

Thanks.” You went out of the kitchen and back to the living room.

 

Kris came into the kitchen to help DO while Lay was sitting in the living room going through his phone. Chen and Xiumin were back at their room. On the other hand Luhan was also in the living room next to Lay, bothering him to pass time.

Luhan brightened up when he saw you enter the room but was disheartened when you did not even acknowledge him.

You sat next to Tao who was sitting at the couch in front of the TV. He glanced at you and took the cap off of your head.

“There, now I can see the whole wig. Short hair suits you, too.” He smiled at you fixing the few strands of the wig that was getting in your eyes.

“Thanks, I guess.” You smiled and ruffled his hair. “Short hair suits you, too.”

Tao rolled his eyes and smirked. “Well that’s a given. I am a man," He eyed you sideways with an amused smirk "...but you are a girl.”

You tried to look hurt and placed a hand over your chest, “Are you saying that I look better as a dude?!”

He did not answer just to annoy you. “Psh. Whatever you look like a panda, then!”

“I know. Kung fu Panda.” He smirked.

“Ah. You are supposed to get mad, not embrace it.” You eyed him with a cute pout.

“Well it’s your nickname for me so of course I’ll embrace it.” He gazed at you sweetly. You were touched by his words at least.

“Whatever.” You got the remote control and turned the TV on. “Why is this show always on?!”

Tao glanced at the TV and jumped in his seat. “Do.not.change.the.channel. It’s the reruns of the episode I missed.”

You rolled your eyes at the k-drama maniac. “Fine.”

You got comfortable on the couch and sat closer to Tao to use him as a headrest. Tao looked down at your head on his shoulder and smiled before concentrating on the drama. He was still iffy about the whole brother comment but he did not mind how you were comfortable around him.

 

Luhan looked at the two of you with a disgusted expression. Why is she always sticking to him like glue? “No PDA in the dorms!” He said to the two of you.

“Huh?” Tao was confused as to what Luhan was referring to. You rolled your eyes at Luhan and snuggled closer to Tao.

“Oh, hush it Lulu.” You snickered without removing your eyes from the TV.

“Did you just call me LuLu?!” He frowned. It sounded so childish but he did like the fact that you had a nickname for him.

“Yes I did. It matches you since you look like a kid.”

“Hey do I have to remind you that I am the same age as Kris?” He shook his head.

You made a face,“Lies.” You whispered and Tao laughed.

“What did she say?” Luhan asked Tao with his hands on his waist.

“Nothing, gege. Don’t mind her.” Tao said and tried to stop himself from laughing.

Annoyed, Luhan headed to the kitchen to check up on the dinner but bumped into DO instead.

DO came out of the kitchen with a mitten in one hand and a spatula in another. He looked like a mother to be honest.

The dinner is ready! Get to the dining area now!” He announced.

Ne, umma!” You said and jolted out of your seat. DO shook his head with a smile and went back to the kitchen.

 

You knocked on each occupied rooms’ door and announced that the dinner was ready. Soon everyone came out of their rooms and went to the dining area. The managers and the EXO members were getting their food and sitting at the table or in the living room to eat their food.

The rest of the K members gave you curious looks as they had not seen you in your boy outfit earlier. You averted your eyes from their gaze, “So... How do I look. Would I pass as a dude?

You would pass for a cute guy, but yeah I don’t think anyone would suspect you.” Baekhyun patted your head, sitting by your side.

Thanks opp- I mean hyung.” You said which caused everyone to laugh.

Oh this is going to be awkward.” Sehun muttered as he sat in front of you across the table.

Don’t worry you don’t have to call me hyung.” You told Sehun which caused him to smile meekly.

But calling you noona is awkward, too!” He sounded frustrated and confused it was adorable, really.

Just call me Lina, then. Oh shi- wait I need a male name, too!” You frowned.

How about Johnny or something?” Lay offered.

“I want a Chinese name thank you very much.” You continued to pout.

What about Han?” Chen asked.

What about Shen?" Xiumin added.

What about-“

The boys started giving out random names.

“Nevermind, let’s just make it Kevin.” You stopped the boys from debating about what your alias name should be. That was the most common Asian-American name so Kevin would work.

Good. Easy to remember.” Chen shrugged.

Also,” You turned to the managers. “I don’t want to just sit at the dorm like a leech and live off of my brother. I want to work so is there an open position in the staff or something. I major in business so it would be like an internship for me, too.” You asked.

“I’ll look into it.” EXO M’s manager said.

Thank you.” You smiled and went back to eating your food. Kris got his plate and sat on the other side of you at the table.

“What the hell Lina! You are not a leech. Why do you want to work?”

“Because I feel guilty. Plus I won’t be stuck at the dorms. Don’t worry about me.” You patted your brother on the back.

Idiot, I don't even want you to leave the dorms. What if your cover blows up? I don't want you to get hurt. Kris looked at you with worried eyes and you smiled at him innocently. With a sigh Kris flicked your forehead with his index finger before going back to eating his food.

You rubbed your forehead from the pain and growled. "YAH WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" 

----

A/N: Thank you guys so much for subscribing and leaving sweet comments!~ Keep it up :) I'll try to update faster as well :) 

here is some y wet exo from disneyland

cr: as tagged. not my photos obviously