It's Off

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 38

It's Off

 

 

You were sitting next to Henry in the plane going through your conversation with Henry from last night with your eyes close.

 

You had dragged Henry down back at the lobby and sat at the bar with him.

“Spill,” was the first word you uttered to him right away.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Why don’t we start with you explaining why in the world you lied to me?” You crossed your arms.

“I did not exactly lie. I just kept some things from you.” You narrowed your eyes at him.

“Fine. I just did not think it was important. You were already gone from home and I did not really want to go through with this marriage.” Henry explained but that was also another lie.

He hadn’t told you because of his own feelings. He wanted to go through the marriage but seeing how you strongly opposed it, Henry decided to keep it to himself to not hurt his pride and most importantly his heart. After seeing you together with Luhan he knew that his feelings were a lost cause. He wasn’t going to play the bad guy and steal away your happiness. He couldn’t do that to you.

“Oh,” You nodded half believeing his words. After another heated discussion Henry had come up with a solution.

“I am free after this concert so why don’t we fly to Canada and talk to our parents to call off the wedding. I’ll tell my parents that I don’t want to marry you so you won’t get in any more trouble with your parents.” Henry explained.

“I don’t know…” You did not know what to say. It sounded like a good plan but convincing the parents would be hard and was a slim chance. There was also Luhan. If your problems were solved then there would not be a reason for you to stay with Kris so you wouldn’t see Luhan again. If your problems were not solved then you would be forced to marry Henry. You knew that your parents would not make you run away again.

“How about you think about it and let me know tomorrow morning then?” Henry suggested, placing a friendly, comforting hand over yours. “I’m already going to Canada so I’ll just take you with me.”

“I’ll think about it.” You muttered not sure.

But once you had gone back to your room and talked to Kris everything had become clear. You couldn’t stay with them anymore. You had to leave and leaving with Henry seemed like the best plan.

 

You did not talk to Henry much during the flight. You were feeling down so you spent the whole time sleeping. Henry had offered to take you home after the flight but you refused. You called for a cab to go home.

 

 

 

Now you were standing in front of your door with your luggage beside you. You did not know what to say to them. You did not have the courage to ring that doorbell.

Closing your eyes, you lifted up your finger and pressed the bell. The sound of the doorbell echoed throughout the house.

Soon, too soon for your liking the door swung open to reveal your mother. Her eyes widened at the sight of you as she let out an inaudible gasp.

“Mom?” You looked up at her, “I’m back…” You winced as you met her eyes.

“You… you!” Your mom raised her hand. You close your eyes and winced as you waited for the slap. Instead you were pulled into a warm embrace.

“You idiot. Why did you not call me at all? Do you know how worried I was?!” She hit your arms lightly as she cried.

“I’m sorry, mom.” You cried hugging her back and inhaling her scent that you had missed so much.

 

Talking to your dad was less emotional and more formal but at least you were not punished by him as your mom talked to him for you sake. You just received a dissatisfied glare from him before he walked back into his study.

You were sitting in your room with your mom. “So are you back to go through with the marriage?”

You gave her a look. “Mom I know who you guys want me to marry. I can’t marry Henry oppa.”

“What?” Your mother fumed, “then why the hell did you come back? Your father won’t let you call it off!”

“I am not going to call it off. Henry will. He doesn’t want to marry me anyways. Plus, I don’t love him.” You looked away with distant eyes as Luhan flashed across your mind.

“Do you love someone else then?” Your mom asked.

“Yes… but it doesn’t matter. I don’t think it matters anymore. Still, I am not going through the marriage.”

Your mother let out a sigh. “Good luck with that.”

 

 

You and Henry spent the next two weeks trying to get your parents to agree. It certainly took time and arguments between the parents and the kids. Their company was on the line so they did not want to call it off. It was hard to convince them to merge the company without marrying off the kids.

Finally after a month since your arrival in Canada, Henry had managed to convince his parents. It led to his parents giving up on the wedding plans. Since the groom’s side had given up your dad could not do anything else but to comply.

You and Henry started talking to each of the dads to go through the merging nonetheless. After all these two families had been friends for a long time and a wedding was not as concrete as legal documents. You could get a divorce in the long run even if you had married Henry now.

 

With this everything seemed to be solved. You did not have to marry Henry and the companies were still going through with the merging.

So why did you still feel empty like this?

You were not one bit happy. Yes you did feel relieved but you were not happy. You wanted to see Luhan… but he was the one at fault. He should be the one calling to apologize right? But it seemed like Luhan had no intentions of making up with you.

 

 

 

Meanwhile EXO were at the dorms in Korea because the boys had a few other schedules left to do in Korea.

Luhan was laying down in his bed, thinking. They had come back to the dorms after their schedule. He sighed for the billionth time that day. He felt his void, empty space by his side whenever he was at a schedule or staying at the dorms. That empty space was caused by your absence.

He wanted to call back and apologize but he did not know what to say. Plus, he assumed that you would be going through the marriage with Henry.

Sehun walked into the room and threw a plushy to Luhan’s head. Luhan looked up and gazed at Sehun curiously.

Hyung, if I hear you sigh one more time I swear-“ Sehun shook his head in disapproval. “I don’t like seeing you like this. Why don’t you call-

Luhan cut him off, “I can’t call her. She is probably on her way to marry Henry.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “You are lucky that you are the older one if not I would have beaten some sense into you.” He sat across Luhan’s bed and faced him.

You were too busy sighing here and tuning out of our conversations so you probably missed this crucial information…

What are you talking about?” Luhan narrowed his eyes at Sehun, wanting the younger one to just get to the point.

Lina is not marrying Henry. She went there to convince the parents to call off the wedding. She knew that with Henry’s support it would be easier for her to convince her parents.”

Luhan’s eyes widened. He hadn’t thought of that. He could tell that Henry had feelings for Lina so he did not think Henry would be willing to call off the wedding.

And?” Luhan urged Sehun to continue.

And I don’t know if she succeeded or not. Why don’t you call and ask?” Sehun winked standing up.

“I- I’ll think about it.” Luhan lay back on his bed. He did not have the courage to call you.

 

 

Soon Kris and Chen walked into the room to their respective beds to sleep. Luhan turned around and faced the wall to get some sleep himself but with this newfound information he did not know how to sleep.

Kris’ phone buzzed at that time. Seeing the caller ID he immediately responded.

“Lina?” He whispered not wanting to wake up s.

“Kris? Did I wake you up?”

“Nope. It’s fine, talk.” Kris lied, but you did not really believe him.

“Oh um I just wanted to tell you that the wedding is off.” You explained. “Just thought you might want to know.”

“What? The wedding is off? That’s great news! How-“

“It was thanks to Henry oppa that our parents agreed to call it off.”

Kris still did not understand why Henry had given up so easily but he was glad that Henry did not end up being a nuisance to Lina. “That’s great to hear. Okay look I gotta go back to sleep so I’ll talk to you later okay?”

“Okay, goodnight.” You muttered before hanging up. Kris went back to sleep with a smile on his face. No more problems… then he saw Luhan’s sleeping form. Nevermind, I still have to get these two together.

 

 

Luhan opened his eyes and glanced at the ceiling. The wedding is off. This was great news. He could call you right now… but what was he supposed to say? He couldn’t do it.

The next morning Sehun skipped towards Luhan. “So how did it go?”

The call.” Sehun gazed at Luhan. “You called her right?” He asked, uneasily.

Luhan hung his head low.”I didn’t. I can’t. It’s too late.

Sehun rolled his eyes with a sigh. I guess it’s time to take matters into my own hands.

 

---

 

A/N: Hello Lovelies!~ Sorry about the late update. Thank you for all the comments btw :):) I'll update asap :)