Breakfast Time

Runaway Sister

 

Chapter 8

~Breakfast Time~

 

The next morning you woke up extremely early. Since it was EXO’s day off you assumed that the boys would be sleeping in. Quietly you jumped over Kris. You made sure that they weren’t awake. Kris and Luhan were heavy sleepers but Chen wasn’t. You got on your toes and peeked at Chen. It seemed like Chen was still asleep.

You tiptoed out of the room and headed to the kitchen. To your luck there were ingredients for breakfast.

You couldn’t decide what to cook though. Should I go the western way with pancakes and eggs or should I go the Korean way and cook some Kimchi Chige? You concluded that you did not trust your skills in the Korean culinary as of yet.

The members normally did not eat anything, at least not at the dorms as they headed to their schedules right away. But since you were at home, Kris had managed to sneak in some food for you which was the reason why there was a pancake mix in the house.

You started boiling water to make some nice tea for the boys to drink. Then you took out the pancake mix and started cooking the pancakes. At the same time you made omelets and fried bacon strips.

While the food was cooking you paced between their not so big table and the kitchen, trying to set up everything. You hoped that all 12 of them would be able to fit around the table. If not they could get the food and sit on the couches.

In the midst of this you heard footsteps and turned around. They woke up! I have to hurry up.  You came face to face with D.O who looked confused and sleepy. It was cute really. His face was swollen up from sleeping which made his naturally pouty lips seem even bigger.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” You greeted him with a smile.

Good morning.” D.O paused for a second. “What are you doing?”

Breakfast.” You replied. Your limited Korean only allowed you to talk this much which was still pretty good.

Waeyo?” He questioned, confused.

Gratitude.” You replied again with just one word.

He raised his eyebrows in confusion and headed to the bathroom. You smiled and went back to arranging the table. Soon everything was ready.

 

Now you just had to wake up the boys.

“Kris, wake up!” You nudged him inside the room. He grunted and rolled over without waking up. “Kris! Wake up!” Aish! STARVE THEN.

Annoyed you turned around and faced Luhan’s sleeping face. Ignoring his angelic face you reached towards the top bunk and nudged Chen’ shoulder lightly. He stirred in his sleep.

Jongdae-ssi. Ireona.” You said softly. He opened his eyes in confusion. “Breakfast is ready.” You said to his confused self and looked back at Lu Han. Here I go.

You nudged Luhan’ shoulder, but not as gently as you were with Chen. “Luhan, wake up.”

He mumbled incoherent words but did not wake up. “Yah I said wake up!” You placed your hand on his shoulder to shake him awake. Suddenly he grabbed your wrist and pulled you close to himself. Your eyes widened in shock. What –

“Do not. Disturb my sleep. Ever. Understood?” He glared at you and let go of your wrist. You rubbed your wrist in annoyance.

“Jerk.” You muttered and turned your attention to Kris once more.

“What did you just say?” He growled standing up.

“Oh you heard me didn’t you? Or do you need to get your ears checked?” You rolled your eyes. Luhan was about to say something back but Chen stood up on his bed.

Hyung, don’t.” He warned. Luhan rolled his eyes but stopped.

“YAH! KRIS WAKE UP. I made food dude! Get up!” You kicked the bed in annoyance. He finally woke up.

“Food?!”

“Yes, food. Now get up, wash up and wake up the other members.” You said and stalked out of the room.

 

You caught Tao as he was about to munch away one of the pancakes.

“TAO.” You crossed your arms and tapped your feet. As if he was a kid caught stealing cookies he turned around to face you with scared eyes.

“DO. NOT. TOUCH. THE. FOOD.” You warned him with a smirk. “Then there won’t be enough for others.” You added and walked up to him.

“Fine,” He sighed and placed the pancake back on the plate.

“Good boy.” You cooed and squeezed his cheeks which were a hard thing to do considering his high cheekbones. “Actually you need to gain weight. I cannot find your cheeks.” You laughed.

Tao rolled his eyes at you in a cute manner, “Oh, Baekhyun hyung, good morning.” Tao said looking past you. You let go off Tao’s cheeks and turned around as everyone started roaming in.

What is this delicious smell?” Chanyeol questioned happily.

"It's bacon." Tao replied, his eyes hungry.

It seems like Lina made us breakfast.” Suho flashed one of his angelic smiles.

 

Everyone roamed to the table including Kris. The boys thanked you for the food as they placed whatever they wanted on their own plate before finding a space to sit in the living room. As expected they would not be able to fit around the table.

The boys thanked you for the food properly. “Why would noona make us breakfast all of a sudden though?” Sehun questioned. Noona? You smiled at the term.

Gratitude.”DO said, and everyone gave him a what-the-hell-did-we-ask-you look. He shrugged. “What? That’s what she told me a while ago.” He went back to eating the omelet.

Yes, gratitude.” Then you switched back to Mandarin. “Kris, translate okay. I did this because I was feeling burdened and wanted to do something for you guys in return for your kindness and since the managers aren’t around this is the best I could do.” You explained with a shy smile and Kris translated.

Luhan sure did feel bad about snapping at you earlier when he saw the breakfast table. EXO hadn’t had a proper meal in forever and he was really thankful. She wasn’t disturbing your sleep to annoy you, she had a reason you fool. He cursed himself.

 

You watched happily as the boys devoured the food. It had tired you out but this was definitely worth it. Your eyes fell on Luhan who was eating his food quietly. You narrowed your eyes at him because you were still mad at his hostility this morning.

Then you looked at Tao who was eating away the food too fast. Rolling your eyes you got a cup of water for him.  You pushed the glass to his face.“Slow down, it’s not running away.”

He looked up from the food and grabbed the water with a smile. “It tastes so good, I couldn’t help it.”

You smiled at him, your eyes turning into crescent moons. Luhan looked your way and frowned. How come they are so close?

“So, Lina,” Kris started, you turned around and looked at him before sitting next to Tao. “Since I promised you we can go out today do you want to go to the Lotte World?” He offered.

Your eyes grew in excitement as you clapped your hands. “YES! Let’s go!” You grinned, “I mean lets go after breakfast.” You let out an awkward cough. Some of the boys grinned at your excitement.

If anyone else wants to come to Lotte World let me know.” Kris offered. It turned out that the Korean members were planning on going to see their parents on their rare day off as they knew that they wouldn’t have the chance after their debut. So in the end it was you, Luhan, Lay, Tao and Kris that was going to go out.

 

Once everyone was done eating, they disappeared to wash up before leaving to their homes while you cleaned up the table. Aish, they should have at least taken their plates to the kitchen. I have to get ready, too!

You started stacking up the plates on top of each other soon there was a mountain of plates in your hands as the twelve of them stacked up made a huge column. You couldn’t see where you were going but you were going to use your senses to find your way to the kitchen.

As usual your plans did not go according to your assumptions. You tripped on something invisible. You gasped and waited for the plates to fall to the floor and shatter. Instead two strong arms got a hold of the plates and stopped them from falling. You looked up and met eyes with your savior.

Jong Dae-ssi. Thank you.” You said placing a hand to your chest to stop your beating heart. You had really thought that you were going to make a big mess. “Really, thank you.” You replied.

He smiled at you amusedly. “It’s okay. Be more  careful.

“Yes,” You nodded.

Oh and please stop calling me Jong Dae-ssi. It’s too formal.” He added. “Do you understand what I’m saying?” He added quickly, he had forgotten that your Korean skills were still poor.

Yes, I do. What do you want me to call you?” You questioned, at least you hoped that was what you said. You have been watching TV for too long being stuck in the house so your Korean had improved slightly.

Oppa of course. You are Kris’ sister so you should treat us as your brothers, too instead of strangers.” Jong Dae said. You understood most of it and nodded.

Nn. Thank you again, Jong Dae oppa!” You smiled at him brightly and carried the plates to the kitchen. You were just happy that the boys were so accepting of you, except for one of them but that did not matter.

 

Lay walked into the place looking all suave and dressed up. Surprisingly despite him being a Chinese member you hadn’t really talk to him before.

“Hello, Lay. Are you ready to go?” You asked, looking up from the sink and stopped washing the plates momenteraly.

“Yes, I am.” He smiled but frowned immediately. “But you are not.” He walked up to you. “Go get dressed, I’ll finish these up.” He said.

“Oh no, I couldn’t-“ You started to oppose but he took the plate and the sponge from your hands. “Now, go before I change my mind.” He added with a  playful smile.

“Thank you, Lay!” You replied.

“It’s Yixing, for you. Don’t call me by my stage name.”

“Okay! Thank you Yixing, then!” You smiled and ran to your room to get ready for the outing.

--

A/N: Thank you guys really for all the comments and subs!~! ILU <3 T___T Keep the comments coming, they really motivate me!~

Also, I have stopped using BLUE for mandarin and someone asked me what I would do when they speak in English so for english I will be using THIS color. BUT they won't be speaking in English a lot anymore since there are more Mandarin speakers in the house.

AND I have two essays due one on monday and one on tuesday. They are pretty big assignments for my college classes so I have to work on them because I have been procastinating and left everything to last minute as usual. Becasue of this, this chapter was slightly longer than the usual :D :D 

I will try to get one update for Pledis High's Slave over the weekend if I can though. T____T School work sometimes, y'know... I will try to get some updates on the Infinite fics as well after tuesday probably. 

anyways

Did you guys watch EXO K sing live? I think they did  a pretty good job, especially baekhyun!

And EXO M's interviews keep on coming and they are so adorable gah idek.

I'll end my rambling here now.

 

Don't forget to leave comment, please!~