Chapter 11

Knocking on Mr.Kwon's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

 

What I heard yesterday night, I knew I could handle it, cause I did. I was quite thankful that he actually understood what I myself had to go through some hard time to decide the wedding.

 

I might have not shown, but before I could answer Mr.Kwon that day, in a second, I did think of a lot of things. I don’t regret at all. Instead, I feel relieved. I heard the money would be sent to my company’s account on the day I get married. I guess they want me to think again, but I know that I wont change my mind.

 

I was in my deep thought, and suddenly, I heard someone knocking on my door.

 

“Ms Kwon?” someone said.

 

I just decided to ignore since I didn’t know who Ms.Kwon was.

 

Again someone called “Ms Kwon? Mrs Kwon is asking you to meet.”

 

Ms Kwon? Mrs Kwon?

 

Hmmmm… wait.

 

This is my room, but why is the maid knocking on my door and calling out Ms.Kwon?

 

No…

 

It can’t be…

 

I opened the door to be greeted by the maid looking at me and smiling.

 

“Im sorry to disturb Ms.Kwon, but I was ordered to get you from your room and accompany to Mrs.Kwon’s room.” The young maid said.

 

OMG!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

*glass cracks*

 

Thank god I didn’t scream that out.

 

But I was shocked, just blankly staring at the maid.

Shocked enough that I couldn’t hear anything what was happening to the world that moment.

KILL ME NOW!!

 

I mena I know that I have decided to marry Jiyong, b-but, I thought the Koreans weren’t supposed to change their surname!

 

I got back to my senses and gently smiled at the maid who was looking dumbfounded. I asked the maid why she called me Ms Kwon.

 

“Oh, sorry Ms Kwon, we were ordered to call you Ms Kwon. I do know that we do not change surnames, but Mrs Kwon wanted you to be a part of a family, and wanted you to get used to the Kwons.”

 

That explained everything I needed to know.

 

The maid then accompanied me to Mr and Mrs Kwon’s room. I knocked on the door until I got the answer from her to come in.

 

 

I slowly opened the door and peeped in.

 

“Excuse me mrs.” I said while knocking on the door.

 

 

“Sure MS.KWON.” She said while putting on more force on the ‘Ms.Kwon’. My mother-in-law evilly smiled at me, looking at my embarrassed and my blushed face.

 

I guess Jiyong got his evil side from his mother.

 

Why can’t he get a better side. -_-

 

“Dara, I guess you were surprised that the maids called you ‘Ms.Kwon’. She said, as if reading what I was thinking.

 

“Yes omonim, I was a little startled.” I said going to the couch to sit down while she was sitting infront of me.

 

“But before we continue the conversation, how about I bring out some tea.” She then called the maid in.

 

“Pleas bring in some green tea and the peaches we got from China last week.” She said.

 

I knew it was rude to cut them while talking, but I had to.

 

“I’m sorry omonim, I can’t have peaches.” I said, trying to be as polite as possible.

 

“Why Dara?” She asked.

 

“I have peace allergy. Im so sorry.” I said, not daring to look at her, although I knew it wasn’t a crime.

 

“Honey, it’s nothing to be sorry of.” She said.

 

“How about Strawberry sweetie?” She asked again, making sure I was allowed.

 

“That would be better omonim, thank you.” I said.

 

“No problem sweetie.”

 

“The maid went out to get the tea and the fruits we just ordered.

 

“So how about we start a conversation?” She asked.

 

I gladly smiled, wondering what she would talk about.

 

“Here’s the thing Dara. I called you for the matter of money and Jiyong.”

 

I did kind of expected about Jiyong, but I didn’t expect money here.

 

“As you have seen, Jiyong isn’t a really umm.. a good man, I suppose. His first and last love was Sohee when he was 16. It’s been now about 7 years, but he never forgets what happens. They did love each other, however, just without any notice, Sohee just… left. That was when he lost all his laughter and smiles. He then found music, which helped him to come back alive, after few months of suffering. It was that time when his heart just closed down to all the woman. All he does now was to play with girl’s um… hearts. He would just play with them for a while then just leave her alone.”

 

The maid then brought in the tea and some fruits, including strawberries.

 

She then continued after sipping her tea.

 

“I’m sure he won’t easily open up Dara, his heart has been tightly closed down. In the worst case, he might not open his heart again.” She saidly said.

 

“Now at the age of 22, we have brought the woman who will help him open his heart. It’s you Dara, the woman he has to open up, the woman he must and will love for the rest of his life.” She said while holding my hands.

 

 

I was startled.

 

Him? Loving me? He won’t, he made it so clear to me last night that he won’t love me.

 

“B-but” I said, lost in my words.

 

I was wondering why it was me who got chosen. There are thousands of rich, tall and pretty g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter